• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newport News area, anyone?

dcdean6388

I've open carried at innumerable locations and businesses here around the Patrick Henry Mall, minus the mall itself, with absolutely no complaints, and no stops or questions from NNPD. I am curious, however, if anyone here knows if City Center at Oyster Point has a local statute(similar to PTC-Hampton) prohibiting the carry of firearms. This is another one of those "Don't want to find out the hard way" circumstances. Also, has anyone tried OC-ing in the Target here? I've read the thread about Target from June, but no one explicitly stated they had open carried. Any help here is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Welcome. Newport News comes under Hampton Roads section http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?39693-VA-Open-Carry-Hampton-Roads. A number of people carry in the area. I'm not familiar with City Center at Oyster Point. Also look for open carry get together in Hampton Roads and come out to meat like minded people. I have been to a few, but living on the Eastern Shore I can't get over very often.

Thundar

I am curious, however, if anyone here knows if City Center at Oyster Point has a local statute(similar to PTC-Hampton) prohibiting the carry of firearms.

Peninsula Town Center is a local authority set up by the City of Hampton, using local bonds to finance construction The PTC is preempted from having any rule or law prohibiting open carry.

The propbem is that wile most of the roads, the 2 parks, the parking garage and most of the parking lots belong to the authority, there are some roads and parking lots (Target for example) that are not owned by the PTC.

This was a big issue after PTC opened. I worked with the Manager and their lawyers. They had removed their signs and informed their security that OC was legal.

I haven't been there in a few years. Have they re-posted signs and/or hassled OC people again?