Thread: Sign on bus

Sign on bus

First time I've seen this ad on a DC bus...

Get a reward; go buy a gun!

PS how in the world would you, a private citizen, know if a firearm was, in fact, illegal? Stupid ad.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 08-13-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Encouraging MWAG callers. After all, it is DC that must be under a consent order to be administered by the Congress as is their Constitutional duty.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Get a reward; go buy a gun!

PS how in the world would you, a private citizen, know if a firearm was, in fact, illegal? Stupid ad.
    Is this a trick question?

The cops say that all guns are illegal. At one time even a cop could not keep a pistol at home. DC is a federal enclave and a different world unto its own. The citizenry tolerates the states' intrusions into their life, liberty, and property on a daily basis. They are well trained, in a Pavlovian sort of way.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Can we call in Eric Holder for the guns from fast and furious????

As there seems to be a non-emergency number listed, it doesn't appear to be an "official" dedicated emergency services system.

It appears to be a simple "hotline".

Since handguns are easily concealed, it's very hard to tell who has them and who doesn't.

Just to be safe, I am going to begin encouraging as many friends as possible to begin calling this hotline as often as possible and reporting every random person I can possibly identify. (They might possibly have a concealed "illegal gun".)

Who knows? After several hundred calls every day, sooner or later, someone is likely to score.

Hey. Just trying to get that $1000.

Can't win if you don't play.

Who feels like playing the "illegal gun hotline" game with me?

I'll bet you $10 I can call in more "potential illegal gun concealers" than you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    As there seems to be a non-emergency number listed, it doesn't appear to be an "official" dedicated emergency services system.

Since handguns are easily concealed, it's very hard to tell who has them and who doesn't.

Just to be safe, I am going to begin encouraging as many friends as possible to begin calling this hotline as often as possible and reporting every random person I can possibly identify. (They might possibly have a concealed "illegal gun".)

Who knows? After several hundred calls every day, sooner or later, someone is likely to score.

I'll bet you $10 I can call in more "potential illegal gun concealers" than you can!
    I'm in. I am going to call and let them know I open carry my pistol daily in Idaho and my gun is illegal because I didn't register the firearm with the DC police. I will send them a photo of myself with the illegal pistol on my hip and that way they can send me a check for 1k. I would bet the persons manning the phones will turn it in thinking all firearms by law have too be registered everywhere. Yep, DC is a whole different planet then the one I live on.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    I'm in. I am going to call and let them know I open carry my pistol daily in Idaho and my gun is illegal because I didn't register the firearm with the DC police. I will send them a photo of myself with the illegal pistol on my hip and that way they can send me a check for 1k. I would bet the persons manning the phones will turn it in thinking all firearms by law have too be registered everywhere. Yep, DC is a whole different planet then the one I live on.
    The person manning the phone is most likely a dispatcher. I think it's the non-emergency PD line.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post

You're on! Wait til they see all the photos of illegally-unregistered guns I'll take at a photo booth at the next gun show.

This ad campaign is exactly like Fahrenheit 451: call in the "firemen" on your own neighbors and family.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 08-15-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    You're on! Wait til they see all the photos of illegally-unregistered guns I'll take at a photo booth at the next gun show.

This ad campaign is exactly like Fahrenheit 451: call in the "firemen" on your own neighbors and family.
    I was thinking could the guys wearing black suits with ear pieces (secret service) be called when you see them as they look suspicious and how do I know they are REALLY secret service and have a legal gun....lol I can see it now.

What about everytime you see a cop? How do we know they are real cops and not just fakes like in the new movie that is out and have illegal guns?