• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sign on bus

homestar

First time I've seen this ad on a DC bus...
ba2ebade.jpg

Maverick9

Get a reward; go buy a gun!

PS how in the world would you, a private citizen, know if a firearm was, in fact, illegal? Stupid ad.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Get a reward; go buy a gun!

PS how in the world would you, a private citizen, know if a firearm was, in fact, illegal? Stupid ad.
Is this a trick question? ;)

The cops say that all guns are illegal. At one time even a cop could not keep a pistol at home. DC is a federal enclave and a different world unto its own. The citizenry tolerates the states' intrusions into their life, liberty, and property on a daily basis. They are well trained, in a Pavlovian sort of way.

Superlite27

As there seems to be a non-emergency number listed, it doesn't appear to be an "official" dedicated emergency services system.

It appears to be a simple "hotline".

Since handguns are easily concealed, it's very hard to tell who has them and who doesn't.

Just to be safe, I am going to begin encouraging as many friends as possible to begin calling this hotline as often as possible and reporting every random person I can possibly identify. (They might possibly have a concealed "illegal gun".)

Who knows? After several hundred calls every day, sooner or later, someone is likely to score.

Hey. Just trying to get that $1000.

Can't win if you don't play.

Who feels like playing the "illegal gun hotline" game with me?

I'll bet you $10 I can call in more "potential illegal gun concealers" than you can!

OC Freedom

As there seems to be a non-emergency number listed, it doesn't appear to be an "official" dedicated emergency services system.

Since handguns are easily concealed, it's very hard to tell who has them and who doesn't.

Just to be safe, I am going to begin encouraging as many friends as possible to begin calling this hotline as often as possible and reporting every random person I can possibly identify. (They might possibly have a concealed "illegal gun".)

Who knows? After several hundred calls every day, sooner or later, someone is likely to score.

I'll bet you $10 I can call in more "potential illegal gun concealers" than you can!

I'm in. I am going to call and let them know I open carry my pistol daily in Idaho and my gun is illegal because I didn't register the firearm with the DC police. I will send them a photo of myself with the illegal pistol on my hip and that way they can send me a check for 1k. :rolleyes: I would bet the persons manning the phones will turn it in thinking all firearms by law have too be registered everywhere. Yep, DC is a whole different planet then the one I live on.

homestar

I'm in. I am going to call and let them know I open carry my pistol daily in Idaho and my gun is illegal because I didn't register the firearm with the DC police. I will send them a photo of myself with the illegal pistol on my hip and that way they can send me a check for 1k. :rolleyes: I would bet the persons manning the phones will turn it in thinking all firearms by law have too be registered everywhere. Yep, DC is a whole different planet then the one I live on.

The person manning the phone is most likely a dispatcher. I think it's the non-emergency PD line.

Rusty Young Man

You're on! Wait til they see all the photos of illegally-unregistered guns I'll take at a photo booth at the next gun show.:rolleyes::lol:

This ad campaign is exactly like Fahrenheit 451: call in the "firemen" on your own neighbors and family.

Last edited:

DocWalker

You're on! Wait til they see all the photos of illegally-unregistered guns I'll take at a photo booth at the next gun show.:rolleyes::lol:

This ad campaign is exactly like Fahrenheit 451: call in the "firemen" on your own neighbors and family.

I was thinking could the guys wearing black suits with ear pieces (secret service) be called when you see them as they look suspicious and how do I know they are REALLY secret service and have a legal gun....lol I can see it now.

What about everytime you see a cop? How do we know they are real cops and not just fakes like in the new movie that is out and have illegal guns?