View Poll Results: Guy guilty of Impersonation?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 6.06%
  • No

    31 93.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: Is this guy guilty of impersonating a cop? Poll it baby !

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    Is this guy guilty of impersonating a cop? Poll it baby !

    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/p...MPLATE=DEFAULT

    He was summoned to court to face a charge of impersonating a police officer. [car painted special black and white]

  2. #2
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    and probably a psycho wanna be.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    and probably a psycho wanna be.
    with a 100K+ car? likely just wanted cops to ignore him

  4. #4
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    It does not say anywhere on the car that it is a police car from the photo that is being shown.


    So is it illegal to have a custom black and white paint job now?

    It is a crime to suggest, via a decal/paint job, that people dial 911 for emergencies?

    It is a crime to have a logo on the side of your car with any words on it? Is so what words and where those words on this car?

    It is illegal to put numbers on the corners of your car?

    How is it they claim that he is impersonating a police officer?

    If I buy an old police cruiser I cannot, legally, decorate it with shiny badge decals, numbers, and logos? Maybe I want to put antennas and light bars on it too? What is wrong with that? I'll put an LED black lights on it, I know I can not use blue because that is the copy stolen color that the police use.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  5. #5
    Regular Member Lord Sega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Warrenton, Oregon
    Posts
    317
    Massachusetts Chapter 268 Section33 LINK

    Section 33. Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be a justice of the peace, notary public, sheriff, deputy sheriff, medical examiner, associate medical examiner, constable, police officer, probation officer, or examiner, investigator or other officer appointed by the registrar of motor vehicles, or inspector, investigator or examiner of the department of public utilities or the department of telecommunications and cable, or investigator or other officer of the alcoholic beverages control commission, or investigator or other official of the bureau of special investigations, or examiner, investigator or other officer of the department of revenue, and acts as such or requires a person to aid or assist him in a matter pertaining to the duty of such officer, shall be punished by a fine of not more than four hundred dollars or by imprisonment for not more than one year.

    Unless he was in a police uniform or stated he was a cop or acted like a LEO, then no (IMO).

    The LEOs should have impounded and charged the Maserati for impersonating a LEO patrol car, it was falsely dressed as a cop car and the owner admitted the car acted as such.

    The Maserati might beat the rap, but not the (several hundred miles the entire department would put on it while "in the impound") ride.
    Last edited by Lord Sega; 08-14-2014 at 02:10 AM.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

  6. #6
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    These are often the type of people that pretend to be cops to stop single attractive women to rape them. You want this guy prowling where your wife, sister, daughter may drive by?

    There are some sick f's out there and to paint a 100K car like a cop car leads me to believe this guy might be one of them.

    These forums are full of people talking about SA, yet defend all the red flags this guy sets off.....
    Last edited by XD40sc; 08-14-2014 at 02:24 AM.

  7. #7
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    These are often the type of people that pretend to be cops to stop single attractive women to rape them. You want this guy prowling where your wife, sister, daughter may drive by?

    There are some sick f's out there and to paint a 100K car like a cop car leads me to believe this guy might be one of them.

    These forums are full of people talking about SA, yet defend all the red flags this guy sets off.....
    Per the pic the guy is a fan Of the transformer movie series... No crime there. His problem seems to be his talking with the cops and acknowledging that he sees other alter their behaviors upon seeing the car.

    As to the rest any evidence or just speculating as to him and other activities of which he has not been charged or accused except seemingly be the previous poster?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    These are often the type of people that pretend to be cops to stop single attractive women to rape them. You want this guy prowling where your wife, sister, daughter may drive by?

    There are some sick f's out there and to paint a 100K car like a cop car leads me to believe this guy might be one of them.

    These forums are full of people talking about SA, yet defend all the red flags this guy sets off.....
    Will we also ban shirts like these?





    Or hats like these?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    ..... His problem seems to be his talking with the cops and acknowledging that he sees other alter their behaviors upon seeing the car.
    ....
    The driver, whose name was not made public, told the officer who pulled him over that he was actually assisting police "because other drivers noticed him and slowed down, thinking it was a police vehicle."

    But he never actually claimed to be a cop or did any of the things enumerated in the law.

    Or are we going to start convicting people because we think they might like to do things enumerated in the laws?

    From what I have read the guy was not taking up a parking space at Dunkin' Donuts, so what was the arresting officer's beef?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    The driver, whose name was not made public, told the officer who pulled him over that he was actually assisting police "because other drivers noticed him and slowed down, thinking it was a police vehicle."

    But he never actually claimed to be a cop or did any of the things enumerated in the law.

    Or are we going to start convicting people because we think they might like to do things enumerated in the laws?

    From what I have read the guy was not taking up a parking space at Dunkin' Donuts, so what was the arresting officer's beef?

    stay safe.
    Speaking of which, I am eating my last glazed now. Hope I don't get stopped for impersonating when I renew.

    Haven't heard from user Sheriff in some time - his vehicle tag even read "Sheriff" if I recall correctly.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Maserati = money = good attorney. The citizen needs to sue the cops and have them assist in making several car payments, plus interest.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  12. #12
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    It bothers me to think that anyone who sees a car labeled "Decepticons" would consider it to be anything related to law enforcement...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    Maserati GranTurismo Sport Automatic (4.7L) starts at US$126.5K, the MC starts at US$143.5K

    The pictured car is a two door hardtop, the only model of which made by Maser' is the GT.

    The only thing he's guilty of is bad taste. The only way it could be worse is Paint job by KRYLON
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-14-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    It bothers me to think that anyone who sees a car labeled "Decepticons" would consider it to be anything related to law enforcement...

    Well.......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  15. #15
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Well.......
    Hmm, interesting perspective. Cops are good at transforming themselves, as required, to achieve their goal(s).
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  16. #16
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    It bothers me to think that anyone who sees a car labeled "Decepticons" would consider it to be anything related to law enforcement...
    The Decepticons were the bad guys in the movie.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  17. #17
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The Decepticons were the bad guys in the movie.
    If guilty of bad acting, do they win a police academy award? That would be reaching the bottom of the barrel.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-14-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    460
    When I OC, people think I'm LEO (based on questions asked). Am I guilty of impersonating a cop?

  19. #19
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,507
    Had he not said anything I'm doubtful there'd have been an arrest.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    586
    What about those a-holes that buy ex-police cruisers but don't change anything? They look just like an unmarked cruiser. I know a guy who specifically buys ex cruisers for that reason... to look like a cop.

    I see nothing wrong with adopting a movie prop to your own car. Anyone with a basic reading level can see that.

    Also, since there's no standard color schemes for LEO across the country, painting it black and white does not make it a cop car.

    Quincy, however, does use the B&W scheme, but they also have other colors, and a blue mustang. Interesting that they also have an H1... so maybe this "rich" department does have a Masarati in it's fleet, and the Transformer-like car can be easily confused by passing motorists? (https://twitter.com/quincymapolice/media)

    But the real point is the "acting" like a police officer. The car owner wasn't. They're making the false connection between car, its owner, and idiots. Was the car pulling people over? Was it shooting unarmed teenagers? Did it drive to the wrong house and shoot a dog? Nope.

    The "Law" is more and more confusing perception and assumption with fact and action.

    Maybe the QPD should stop patrolling the shores and patrol the banks. Seems a lot of bank crime goes on there.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    These are often the type of people that pretend to be cops to stop single attractive women to rape them. You want this guy prowling where your wife, sister, daughter may drive by?

    There are some sick f's out there and to paint a 100K car like a cop car leads me to believe this guy might be one of them.

    These forums are full of people talking about SA, yet defend all the red flags this guy sets off.....
    True, there are people like that. A criminal with a gun or any other weapon is also capable of such acts. How do you know he is prowling anyone? Anyone can make the same assumption about you when you OC a sidearm.

    Assuming that someone with an expensive car and paint it like some transformers nerd fantasy to be a "sick f" is a bit of a reach. There are plenty of poor people who are "sick f's". Money has nothing to do with being a "sick f's"

    I believe there are alos a lot of people that think a person with an openly carried firearm sets off "red flags". MDA and their acolytes believe gun owners are a bunch of "sick f's".

  22. #22
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,991
    If you think that is bad I have a friend who has been reported to the police for impersonating a cop twice now. What was he driving you ask? An old ass military surplus ambulance painted with the old brown, black, and green camo pattern.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  23. #23
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    What about those a-holes that buy ex-police cruisers but don't change anything? They look just like an unmarked cruiser. I know a guy who specifically buys ex cruisers for that reason... to look like a cop.

    I see nothing wrong with adopting a movie prop to your own car. Anyone with a basic reading level can see that.

    Also, since there's no standard color schemes for LEO across the country, painting it black and white does not make it a cop car.

    Quincy, however, does use the B&W scheme, but they also have other colors, and a blue mustang. Interesting that they also have an H1... so maybe this "rich" department does have a Masarati in it's fleet, and the Transformer-like car can be easily confused by passing motorists? (https://twitter.com/quincymapolice/media)

    But the real point is the "acting" like a police officer. The car owner wasn't. They're making the false connection between car, its owner, and idiots. Was the car pulling people over? Was it shooting unarmed teenagers? Did it drive to the wrong house and shoot a dog? Nope.

    The "Law" is more and more confusing perception and assumption with fact and action.

    Maybe the QPD should stop patrolling the shores and patrol the banks. Seems a lot of bank crime goes on there.
    What makes them "a-holes"?
    Just maybe they like vehicles that are broken in and inexpensive. Possibly, they just don't want to spend the cabbage to paint when the existing paint is doing just fine covering the metal....
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  24. #24
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    If guilty of bad acting, do they win a police academy award? That would be reaching the bottom of the barrel.
    Grape, you're killing me here.

    Almost choked on air after reading this.

    You DO have a sense of humor after all...
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  25. #25
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Grape, you're killing me here.

    Almost choked on air after reading this.

    You DO have a sense of humor after all...
    Funny the way some laugh, when I am trying to be serious
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •