• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this guy guilty of impersonating a cop? Poll it baby !

Guy guilty of Impersonation?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 96.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freedom1Man

It does not say anywhere on the car that it is a police car from the photo that is being shown.

So is it illegal to have a custom black and white paint job now?

It is a crime to suggest, via a decal/paint job, that people dial 911 for emergencies?

It is a crime to have a logo on the side of your car with any words on it? Is so what words and where those words on this car?

It is illegal to put numbers on the corners of your car?

How is it they claim that he is impersonating a police officer?

If I buy an old police cruiser I cannot, legally, decorate it with shiny badge decals, numbers, and logos? Maybe I want to put antennas and light bars on it too? What is wrong with that? I'll put an LED black lights on it, I know I can not use blue because that is the copy stolen color that the police use.

Lord Sega

Massachusetts Chapter 268 Section33 LINK

Section 33. Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be a justice of the peace, notary public, sheriff, deputy sheriff, medical examiner, associate medical examiner, constable, police officer, probation officer, or examiner, investigator or other officer appointed by the registrar of motor vehicles, or inspector, investigator or examiner of the department of public utilities or the department of telecommunications and cable, or investigator or other officer of the alcoholic beverages control commission, or investigator or other official of the bureau of special investigations, or examiner, investigator or other officer of the department of revenue, and acts as such or requires a person to aid or assist him in a matter pertaining to the duty of such officer, shall be punished by a fine of not more than four hundred dollars or by imprisonment for not more than one year.

Unless he was in a police uniform or stated he was a cop or acted like a LEO, then no (IMO).

The LEOs should have impounded and charged the Maserati for impersonating a LEO patrol car, it was falsely dressed as a cop car and the owner admitted the car acted as such.

The Maserati might beat the rap, but not the (several hundred miles the entire department would put on it while "in the impound") ride.

Last edited:

XD40sc

These are often the type of people that pretend to be cops to stop single attractive women to rape them. You want this guy prowling where your wife, sister, daughter may drive by?

There are some sick f's out there and to paint a 100K car like a cop car leads me to believe this guy might be one of them.

These forums are full of people talking about SA, yet defend all the red flags this guy sets off..... :eek:

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
These are often the type of people that pretend to be cops to stop single attractive women to rape them. You want this guy prowling where your wife, sister, daughter may drive by?

There are some sick f's out there and to paint a 100K car like a cop car leads me to believe this guy might be one of them.

These forums are full of people talking about SA, yet defend all the red flags this guy sets off..... :eek:
Per the pic the guy is a fan Of the transformer movie series... No crime there. His problem seems to be his talking with the cops and acknowledging that he sees other alter their behaviors upon seeing the car.

As to the rest any evidence or just speculating as to him and other activities of which he has not been charged or accused except seemingly be the previous poster?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Will we also ban shirts like these?

Or hats like these?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
..... His problem seems to be his talking with the cops and acknowledging that he sees other alter their behaviors upon seeing the car.

The driver, whose name was not made public, told the officer who pulled him over that he was actually assisting police "because other drivers noticed him and slowed down, thinking it was a police vehicle."

But he never actually claimed to be a cop or did any of the things enumerated in the law.

Or are we going to start convicting people because we think they might like to do things enumerated in the laws?

From what I have read the guy was not taking up a parking space at Dunkin' Donuts, so what was the arresting officer's beef?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The driver, whose name was not made public, told the officer who pulled him over that he was actually assisting police "because other drivers noticed him and slowed down, thinking it was a police vehicle."

But he never actually claimed to be a cop or did any of the things enumerated in the law.

Or are we going to start convicting people because we think they might like to do things enumerated in the laws?

From what I have read the guy was not taking up a parking space at Dunkin' Donuts, so what was the arresting officer's beef?

stay safe.
Speaking of which, I am eating my last glazed now. Hope I don't get stopped for impersonating when I renew.

Haven't heard from user Sheriff in some time - his vehicle tag even read "Sheriff" if I recall correctly.

mikeyb

What about those a-holes that buy ex-police cruisers but don't change anything? They look just like an unmarked cruiser. I know a guy who specifically buys ex cruisers for that reason... to look like a cop.

I see nothing wrong with adopting a movie prop to your own car. Anyone with a basic reading level can see that.

Also, since there's no standard color schemes for LEO across the country, painting it black and white does not make it a cop car.

Quincy, however, does use the B&W scheme, but they also have other colors, and a blue mustang. Interesting that they also have an H1... so maybe this "rich" department does have a Masarati in it's fleet, and the Transformer-like car can be easily confused by passing motorists? (https://twitter.com/quincymapolice/media)

But the real point is the "acting" like a police officer. The car owner wasn't. They're making the false connection between car, its owner, and idiots. Was the car pulling people over? Was it shooting unarmed teenagers? Did it drive to the wrong house and shoot a dog? Nope.

The "Law" is more and more confusing perception and assumption with fact and action.

Maybe the QPD should stop patrolling the shores and patrol the banks. Seems a lot of bank crime goes on there.

Bernymac

True, there are people like that. A criminal with a gun or any other weapon is also capable of such acts. How do you know he is prowling anyone? Anyone can make the same assumption about you when you OC a sidearm.

Assuming that someone with an expensive car and paint it like some transformers nerd fantasy to be a "sick f" is a bit of a reach. There are plenty of poor people who are "sick f's". Money has nothing to do with being a "sick f's"

I believe there are alos a lot of people that think a person with an openly carried firearm sets off "red flags". MDA and their acolytes believe gun owners are a bunch of "sick f's".