• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this guy guilty of impersonating a cop? Poll it baby !

Guy guilty of Impersonation?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 96.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golddigger14s

Activist Member
If you think that is bad I have a friend who has been reported to the police for impersonating a cop twice now. What was he driving you ask? An old ass military surplus ambulance painted with the old brown, black, and green camo pattern.

JoeSparky

Centurion
What about those a-holes that buy ex-police cruisers but don't change anything? They look just like an unmarked cruiser. I know a guy who specifically buys ex cruisers for that reason... to look like a cop.

I see nothing wrong with adopting a movie prop to your own car. Anyone with a basic reading level can see that.

Also, since there's no standard color schemes for LEO across the country, painting it black and white does not make it a cop car.

Quincy, however, does use the B&W scheme, but they also have other colors, and a blue mustang. Interesting that they also have an H1... so maybe this "rich" department does have a Masarati in it's fleet, and the Transformer-like car can be easily confused by passing motorists? (https://twitter.com/quincymapolice/media)

But the real point is the "acting" like a police officer. The car owner wasn't. They're making the false connection between car, its owner, and idiots. Was the car pulling people over? Was it shooting unarmed teenagers? Did it drive to the wrong house and shoot a dog? Nope.

The "Law" is more and more confusing perception and assumption with fact and action.

Maybe the QPD should stop patrolling the shores and patrol the banks. Seems a lot of bank crime goes on there.

What makes them "a-holes"?
Just maybe they like vehicles that are broken in and inexpensive. Possibly, they just don't want to spend the cabbage to paint when the existing paint is doing just fine covering the metal....

Fallschirjmäger

If it weren't an expensive car, the cops wouldn't even care.
commercial-vehicle-insurance1.jpg

davidmcbeth

Banned
Speaking of which, I am eating my last glazed now. Hope I don't get stopped for impersonating when I renew.

Haven't heard from user Sheriff in some time - his vehicle tag even read "Sheriff" if I recall correctly.

Is that's cop bashing??? or just good humored fun?

mikeyb

:confused:

wow. people actually think this way?

I know a guy who owns a crown vic, ex-police, with the bumpers, wheels and spotlight left from its service days. I think he even added another antenna. You have to look at the plate to tell if it's XMT or not. He keeps it nice, so it's hard to tell for the common folk to know if it's official or not. And it's not his only ex-LEO car.

Versus the people that buy ex-LEO vehicles and leave everything, including the years of dirt, on it. Those are pretty obvious they're not LEO-affiliated.

Of course, all that is muddled with our state and locals using unmarked F-150s, Volvos, street racers, etc.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I know a guy who owns a crown vic, ex-police, with the bumpers, wheels and spotlight left from its service days. I think he even added another antenna. You have to look at the plate to tell if it's XMT or not. He keeps it nice, so it's hard to tell for the common folk to know if it's official or not. And it's not his only ex-LEO car.

Well then I know a guy who knows a guy who's a total [French word for "shower"].

:)

Last edited:

Kopis

poor car.... i actually feel bad for it. I mean, i would give the guy a ticket for being a ****** and ruining a $125+k car but that's it. It sounds like running his mouth is what got him arrested. Im sure it will be dismissed.

wimwag

What about those a-holes that buy ex-police cruisers but don't change anything? They look just like an unmarked cruiser. I know a guy who specifically buys ex cruisers for that reason... to look like a cop.

I see nothing wrong with adopting a movie prop to your own car. Anyone with a basic reading level can see that.

Also, since there's no standard color schemes for LEO across the country, painting it black and white does not make it a cop car.

Quincy, however, does use the B&W scheme, but they also have other colors, and a blue mustang. Interesting that they also have an H1... so maybe this "rich" department does have a Masarati in it's fleet, and the Transformer-like car can be easily confused by passing motorists? (https://twitter.com/quincymapolice/media)

But the real point is the "acting" like a police officer. The car owner wasn't. They're making the false connection between car, its owner, and idiots. Was the car pulling people over? Was it shooting unarmed teenagers? Did it drive to the wrong house and shoot a dog? Nope.

The "Law" is more and more confusing perception and assumption with fact and action.

Maybe the QPD should stop patrolling the shores and patrol the banks. Seems a lot of bank crime goes on there.

I bought a 99 Crown Vic interceptor from a guy in the WalMart parking lot. I used to put the spotlight on at night after work while I shoveled my way up the driveway. I never repainted it, cost too much for what it was worth.

It died when I sold it to a guy who used it in a demo derby. He put a light bar on it and painted slimer on the side. Nanananana...ghost busters! It was my idea.

Terrible on gas, like 15mpg. Compare it to my Focus, which gets around 32, and I think it was a bad buy.

Was I impersonating a cop while shoveling?

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm surprised the poll response was as high as 3%. Totally absurd.

Formally, the charge "impersonating" required behaving in a manner contriving to convince others you actually are a police officer.

This is why male strippers aren't routinely charged with impersonating a police officer merely by showing up at parties dressed in rip-off uniforms.