Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 101

Thread: why I dont open carry

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255

    why I dont open carry


  2. #2
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Oh, crap ... are you back again, Mr. "I can draw faster from concealment than you can from open carry?"

    The video you posted is an opinion piece that proves nothing, just as with all of your previous posts.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  3. #3
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Regurgitating opinion is not proof.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Regurgitating opinion is not proof.
    Well said. Opinion is not proof of anything.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Oh, crap ... are you back again, Mr. "I can draw faster from concealment than you can from open carry?"

    The video you posted is an opinion piece that proves nothing, just as with all of your previous posts.
    Not true, this video proves, yet again, that the minions of the CC Industrial Complex are anti-liberty and nothing but liberals with a gun. We need these folks, in very small numbers, they remind the liberty centric citizens what liberals are and what they do. These folks are only interested in controlling their fellow citizens by any means possible.

    Remember, Shannon Watts states that she supports the 2A too.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    605
    Very funny video. A female version of Alan colmes. She probably thinks the world is flat too.

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Well said. Opinion is not proof of anything.
    Can be proof of their lack of mental capability.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    The video was hilarious. Unfounded projection, strawman, adhominem , and several other fallacies.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,870
    i had trouble watching cuz of all the arm waving, head moving, and eye flutter...wait aren't those traits of someone lying?

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i had trouble watching cuz of all the arm waving, head moving, and eye flutter...wait aren't those traits of someone lying?

    ipse
    If a liberal is speaking they are lying, deflecting, and obfuscating. Liberals are liberals first, all other consideration are secondary to the advancement of liberalism.

    This is the only thing ya need to remember.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  11. #11
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    If gun control made sense(it does not) then bimbos such as her too stupid to research the actual facts would not be let out of the house let alone touch a gun. Same goes for those so stupid to follow such dumb uninformed gargle.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  12. #12
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Looked like she had 88k YT videos (number next to her channel name). That's crazy.

    I watched a little with the sound turned off. I'll say this: wouldn't want to share a bunker with her.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The video was hilarious. Unfounded projection, strawman, adhominem , and several other fallacies.
    Uh, you just stated the truth as believed by the OP.

  14. #14
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Someone say my name?


    Why is this thread even here?


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Marion County, Tennessee
    Posts
    214
    There really shouldn't be multiple reasons to open or conceal carry. There really just needs to be one: "This is how I want to do it."
    I carry everywhere because crime doesn't make appointments.

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,612
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    --snipped--


    Why is this thread even here?


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
    Even a septic tank has an inspection point - allows one to discern what's inside
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Even a septic tank has an inspection point - allows one to discern what's inside
    LOL Again, GIGO
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    The lack of respect and abuse heaped upon G21's head just astounds me... I'm pleasantly impressed.

  19. #19
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    She needs to keep to her expertise in the medical field, and leave her opinions to herself.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  20. #20
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    To whoever it concerns:
    I am a Male NURSE who believes strongly in our Constitution and in the good things our Country has been which I hope it will be again--- maybe just call me, The PATRIOT MALE NURSE!

    If you don't want to or can't legally OC then DON"T OC. But, I do choose to OC for the deterrence factor that I've seen it make on others who had been acting out on their BG impulses and changed their mind. (Previously shared on this forum, different thread as to my personal experience, and the Waffle house incident where BG were outside parked in back WAITING FOR THE OC'ers to leave).

    As I mentioned to the pharmacy tech, while I was OC'ing, just yesterday when picking up prescriptions for both me and the Mrs.--- I OC in the hopes that the BG who is just looking for soft targets, will see it and change their mind so they just leave me alone, I don't have to make the decision to defend myself or those around me, and lastly, I don't need to call the PO-PO or the ambulance.

    CC has absolutely zero deterrence capability at all. Nobody see it! Only person who knows about it, typically, is the carrier! So, in my mind it would make it MORE LIKELY that a CC'er would need to draw the CC'd weapon. For example, Same BG who saw my OC'd firearm comes in upon a CC'er, only sees a soft target and engages in their intended choice of crime---- NOW, the CC'er either chooses to draw and defend while potentially not being able to do anything effectively.

    Finally, I won't tell others how they SHOULD, MUST, or even IF THEY need to carry. That is entirely a personal choice! And reserve the rights I have to carry in the manner I choose to carry and to do so lawfully!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 08-14-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  21. #21
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    She needs to keep to her expertise in the medical field, and leave her opinions to herself.
    IF one can legally practice as a NURSE then one MAY have expertise AS A NURSE. This nurse in the linked video, is NOT licensed (as far as I know) as a MEDICAL DOCTOR so by definition she has ZERO MEDICAL EXPERTISE and is NOT ALLOWED to practice medicine (exception made for the Nurse Practitioner or NP who generally MUST have a supervising physician who SUPERVISES her practice)! Heck, the NP may even have a Doctorate Nurse Practitioner training and degree, but is STILL licensed as a Nurse NOT a Medical Doctor!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  22. #22
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    I finally listened to her video and I have to say I don't have any huge points of contention with her premises.

    She says carrying openly could/is political - sometimes.

    She says carrying openly draws attention - sometimes.

    ...and so on.

    What I do find is that her conclusion isn't warranted by those ideas. Not everyone is OCing for political reasons, and if EVERYONE OC-ed, none of this would be at issue. If 10% OCed, none of this would be at issue. It would (at 10%, for example) be considered commonplace.

    Truth is, it's a hassle to always have to make sure you have a cover garment. You do have to dress around your firearm if you want to CC. My partner would carry (on body) more often if CCing was not really necessary. SHE feels there are reasons to keep it on the down low.

    The biggest point, IMO, is that it should be an individual right/option/reason and nobody should be telling folks how to do it. There simply is no evidence that OC-ing makes you a target or, indeed, no evidence it makes for unwanted (or any kind of) attention.

    Big waste of time and I just don't get her point. If she wants to carry some way or another, go for it; otherwise stick with what you know. (medicine, survival topics).
    ===

    I have a question though. What makes her a 'public person' as per Facebook? Is that a self-appellation?

  23. #23
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    The lack of respect and abuse heaped upon G21's head just astounds me... I'm pleasantly impressed.
    He only gets that which he has earned, since he wasted the good graces he was presented with as a new member of the forum!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  24. #24
    Regular Member McLintock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Peculiar,MO
    Posts
    89

    why I dont open carry

    I love how the CC people think. My ccw class said the same point that she said to a T. I really like the one how we OCer's are going to be the first targets, some times I wonder if these CCer's are not (in the back of their mind) waiting for the next mass shooting. So I really don't know if the CC only people are carrying the protect them selfs or carrying to "surprise" the BG.
    Last edited by McLintock; 08-14-2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: add a word
    "Shoot low boys, their ridin' shetland ponies"

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    i love the snobby remarks by the "esteemed" personnel on the forum. it proves a lot

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •