• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why I dont open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLintock

I love how the CC people think. My ccw class said the same point that she said to a T. I really like the one how we OCer's are going to be the first targets, some times I wonder if these CCer's are not (in the back of their mind) waiting for the next mass shooting. So I really don't know if the CC only people are carrying the protect them selfs or carrying to "surprise" the BG.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Actually "it", meaning you, prove nothing. g21sfpistol being a minion of the CC Industrial Complex his defense is expected.

I have always held the belief that some of those minions look forward to the opportunity to surprise a thug. I choose to inform thugs that trouble lies ahead and to proceed at their own peril.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
i love the snobby remarks by the "esteemed" personnel on the forum. it proves a lot :banana:
It proves that we have well thought out our carry options and have little patience for those that simply stir the pot to see how much stink they can make.

Many have said that they do not care how one carries, just do so responsibly. That would be the polar opposite of "snobby."
Insofar as "esteemed," anyone giving sincere and honest credit (with facts) is indeed esteemed in my book.

You sir, unfortuneatly fall short. PM w/notification sent.

JoeSparky

Centurion
It proves that we have well thought out our carry options and have little patience for those that simply stir the pot to see how much stink they can make.

Many have said that they do not care how one carries, just do so responsibly. That would be the polar opposite of "snobby."
Insofar as "esteemed," anyone giving sincere and honest credit (with facts) is indeed esteemed in my book.

You sir, unfortuneatly fall short. PM w/notification sent.

We need an emoticon for the ESTEEMED ZING! LOL

WalkingWolf

There really shouldn't be multiple reasons to open or conceal carry. There really just needs to be one: "This is how I want to do it."
The bold not only applies to OC or CC, it applies to life. People who think they should control how others go through life, how they support or don't support a issue have serious mental problems. The only person one can control is the person in the mirror, anything else shows a fool.

B

Bikenut

The bold not only applies to OC or CC, it applies to life. People who think they should control how others go through life, how they support or don't support a issue have serious mental problems. The only person one can control is the person in the mirror, anything else shows a fool.
Quoted because of the wisdom contained therein.

jackrockblc

I open carry (exclusively, for now). When I get my CHP, I'll CC more frequently. I figure I'll do both about an equal amount of time. There are simply too many places that wind up too much hassle (expulsion from premises, and no option but to shop there) or illegal ([insert several four-letter words for Denver]) to OC exclusively. But I do so with actually only one goal in mind: to show people it's not illegal, can be safely done, and doesn't show that an OCer is a [expletive deleted].

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
g21sfpistol, thanks for wasting about 5 minutes of my time. On the other hand, thanks for showing how illogical thinking can be used to justify a flawed theory.

solus

nicely said, but a minor caveat...WW you presume we all have a reflection in the mirror?:uhoh:

ipse

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
some times I wonder if these CCer's are not (in the back of their mind) waiting for the next mass shooting

Kinda creepy, huh?

I have always held the belief that some of those minions look forward to the opportunity to surprise a thug. I choose to inform thugs that trouble lies ahead and to proceed at their own peril.

Yup. The longer these OC-vs-CC arguments have time to air, the sillier CC begins to appear, and the more certain CCers start to appear of... questionable judgment.

Last edited:

Bernymac

The lack of respect and abuse heaped upon G21's head just astounds me... I'm pleasantly impressed. :cool:

I don't believe that people with some form of intellectual impairment "feel" respect or lack thereof. Oblivious-ness is the norm and they wallow in it as a pig wallows in mud, eats garbage and believes everyone else is dirty.:uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.