• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why I dont open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

OC for ME

Oh, crap ... are you back again, Mr. "I can draw faster from concealment than you can from open carry?"

The video you posted is an opinion piece that proves nothing, just as with all of your previous posts.
Not true, this video proves, yet again, that the minions of the CC Industrial Complex are anti-liberty and nothing but liberals with a gun. We need these folks, in very small numbers, they remind the liberty centric citizens what liberals are and what they do. These folks are only interested in controlling their fellow citizens by any means possible.

Remember, Shannon Watts states that she supports the 2A too.

solus

i had trouble watching cuz of all the arm waving, head moving, and eye flutter...wait aren't those traits of someone lying?

ipse

OC for ME

i had trouble watching cuz of all the arm waving, head moving, and eye flutter...wait aren't those traits of someone lying?

ipse
If a liberal is speaking they are lying, deflecting, and obfuscating. Liberals are liberals first, all other consideration are secondary to the advancement of liberalism.

This is the only thing ya need to remember.

WalkingWolf

If gun control made sense(it does not) then bimbos such as her too stupid to research the actual facts would not be let out of the house let alone touch a gun. Same goes for those so stupid to follow such dumb uninformed gargle.

Maverick9

Looked like she had 88k YT videos (number next to her channel name). That's crazy.

I watched a little with the sound turned off. I'll say this: wouldn't want to share a bunker with her. :)

JoeSparky

Centurion
To whoever it concerns:
I am a Male NURSE who believes strongly in our Constitution and in the good things our Country has been which I hope it will be again--- maybe just call me, The PATRIOT MALE NURSE!

If you don't want to or can't legally OC then DON"T OC. But, I do choose to OC for the deterrence factor that I've seen it make on others who had been acting out on their BG impulses and changed their mind. (Previously shared on this forum, different thread as to my personal experience, and the Waffle house incident where BG were outside parked in back WAITING FOR THE OC'ers to leave).

As I mentioned to the pharmacy tech, while I was OC'ing, just yesterday when picking up prescriptions for both me and the Mrs.--- I OC in the hopes that the BG who is just looking for soft targets, will see it and change their mind so they just leave me alone, I don't have to make the decision to defend myself or those around me, and lastly, I don't need to call the PO-PO or the ambulance.

CC has absolutely zero deterrence capability at all. Nobody see it! Only person who knows about it, typically, is the carrier! So, in my mind it would make it MORE LIKELY that a CC'er would need to draw the CC'd weapon. For example, Same BG who saw my OC'd firearm comes in upon a CC'er, only sees a soft target and engages in their intended choice of crime---- NOW, the CC'er either chooses to draw and defend while potentially not being able to do anything effectively.

Finally, I won't tell others how they SHOULD, MUST, or even IF THEY need to carry. That is entirely a personal choice! And reserve the rights I have to carry in the manner I choose to carry and to do so lawfully!

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
She needs to keep to her expertise in the medical field, and leave her opinions to herself.

IF one can legally practice as a NURSE then one MAY have expertise AS A NURSE. This nurse in the linked video, is NOT licensed (as far as I know) as a MEDICAL DOCTOR so by definition she has ZERO MEDICAL EXPERTISE and is NOT ALLOWED to practice medicine (exception made for the Nurse Practitioner or NP who generally MUST have a supervising physician who SUPERVISES her practice)! Heck, the NP may even have a Doctorate Nurse Practitioner training and degree, but is STILL licensed as a Nurse NOT a Medical Doctor!

Maverick9

I finally listened to her video and I have to say I don't have any huge points of contention with her premises.

She says carrying openly could/is political - sometimes.

She says carrying openly draws attention - sometimes.

...and so on.

What I do find is that her conclusion isn't warranted by those ideas. Not everyone is OCing for political reasons, and if EVERYONE OC-ed, none of this would be at issue. If 10% OCed, none of this would be at issue. It would (at 10%, for example) be considered commonplace.

Truth is, it's a hassle to always have to make sure you have a cover garment. You do have to dress around your firearm if you want to CC. My partner would carry (on body) more often if CCing was not really necessary. SHE feels there are reasons to keep it on the down low.

The biggest point, IMO, is that it should be an individual right/option/reason and nobody should be telling folks how to do it. There simply is no evidence that OC-ing makes you a target or, indeed, no evidence it makes for unwanted (or any kind of) attention.

Big waste of time and I just don't get her point. If she wants to carry some way or another, go for it; otherwise stick with what you know. (medicine, survival topics).
===

I have a question though. What makes her a 'public person' as per Facebook? Is that a self-appellation?

Status
Not open for further replies.