Thread: Shh! Don't tweet what the po-po are doing!

Shh! Don't tweet what the po-po are doing!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/P...271182631.html

The "TweetSmart" campaign began in late July by a coalition of nine agencies, including the Washington state patrol and the Seattle police, and aims to raise awareness about social media's potential impact on law enforcement.

Some have called the effort a step that could lead to censorship; others dismissed it as silly. Police, however, say it's just a reminder at a time when cell phones and social networks can hasten the lightning-quick spread of information.
    And the unintentionally hilarious kicker:
    Perry Merriel, a trucker from Ephrata, Washington, said he's not sure why the public needs a reminder to follow common sense on social media. "They are putting their lives on the line for you," he said.

"It should go without saying: don't advertising what they're doing," he said.
    Crafty effort to dissuade reporting LEO activity (legal and not)... Did Shannon find a new job?

i gots mah freedum uh speech bwah yew cain't take it from meh!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

And the unintentionally hilarious kicker: Perry Merriel, a trucker from Ephrata, Washington, said he's not sure why the public needs a reminder to follow common sense on social media. "They are putting their lives on the line for you," he said.

"It should go without saying: don't advertising what they're doing," he said.

Crafty effort to dissuade reporting LEO activity (legal and not)... Did Shannon find a new job?

Says a Trucker with his CB on reporting Smokey sightings!
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Says a Trucker with his CB on reporting Smokey sightings!
    Shhhsh, that ain't none ya bizness.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

As the FedGov comoonity-organizer, the P-resident is tone and tint deaf, so too are his toothless-tyrant's teeth. I wonder whose side do they think US on, particularly in the Pacific Northwest?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-14-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

And the unintentionally hilarious kicker:

Yeah, don't tweet it, just post the live streaming video instead.

The police put your lives on the line so they can go home safe each night. Also remember that the police can write their own warrants which a judge will just sign retroactively so you cannot refuse them a search anymore either simply because they are putting your lives on the line here.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)