• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop Marches with Protesters.

77zach

Good for him

I've lost sympathy for many of these protesters because it's obvious they're using this as an excuse to loot and destroy private property. If they decided to burn down the local sty, I'd be cool with that. It wasn't the local retail store owners who murdered the kid.

sudden valley gunner

Good for him

I've lost sympathy for many of these protesters because it's obvious they're using this as an excuse to loot and destroy private property. If they decided to burn down the local sty, I'd be cool with that. It wasn't the local retail store owners who murdered the kid.

The news seems to be distorting the amount of protesters who are acting like thugs compared to those who are engaged in just exercising their right. I have no sympathy for looters either. Although I wouldn't cry if they tore down the police station.

OC for ME

I don't know much about that, and don't doubt you. I do like the actions of this one individual in this one instance.
Like every LEA, there are mostly good cops in the cop shop. What is not good is the institutional policy that requires a good cop to separate his moral compass from his on the job acts. He is a top dog in Troop C, I have not heard of any OCers being hassled by Troop C, but I don't hear everything. I place that troop in the "reasonable" and "rights respecting" column at this time. Until they do something, that I become aware of, that compels me to move them to the other column.