Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Texas clases with New Black Panthers?

Open Carry Texas clashes with New Black Panthers?

This will be interesting to watch: http://soopermexican.com/2014/08/14/...demonstration/

"Wednesday afternoon members of the “Open Carry Texas” group argued with those of the “New Black Panthers” over a demonstration they planned in a neighborhood with predominantly black community members. Tempers flared as the Panthers’ representatives accused the gun activists of not really caring about the community..."
    Last edited by BB62; 08-15-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Gun rights group Open Carry Texas warned to stay out of Fifth Ward

HOUSTON - Members of the gun rights group Open Carry Texas met with Fifth Ward community leaders Wednesday, hoping to explain why they chose an historic African-American community to hold a demonstration.

Members of the group were met by a chorus of voices telling them to stay out of the neighborhood and warned they will be "matched gun-for-gun."

"I'm going to tell you something homie, this is Fifth Ward, you ain't coming in here running nothing," community activist Quanell X said while flanked by members of the New Black Panther Party, who were holding assault rifles.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/gu...-ward/27465032
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Houston police officers told both sides there will be ground rules on Saturday. HPD officials said both sides will be kept separated and won't be allowed to interact with each other. HPD officials said Open Carry members will also not be allowed to march because they don't have a permit. http://www.click2houston.com/news/gu...-ward/27465032

shades of events past, aka 1979 Greensboro massacre where KKK, and NeoNazi marchers started their march in the middle of a section 8 part of the city. 5 dead, zero convicted of any wrongdoing easier to read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_massacre or watch the vintage video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oxh5-hq6mc

and shades of currency: Ferguson, MO

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, Karr 1849!

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 08-15-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Campaign Veteran
    Quannel-X is just another racist loud-mouth often showing up (if he can make $$ at it, IIRC, as he charges for his "services" as a "community activist") as he perseveres in "looking out for the folks" (supposedly meaning blacks -- couldn't care less about white people, and blames them for everything). Sometimes, he's seen "looking out for the folks" along with also loud-mouth Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee -- her district is the Houston inner-city (AKA: ghetto trash) -- who will even go OUT of her district to tell people (ranting) what they need to be doing in theirs. I saw both their faces often on the Houston TV news channels when I lived in Galveston: She was even down "on the beach" (Galveston) telling US what's up. How arrogant...

"X" (I guess he's so uneducated he can't write his name) is often REGULARLY seen making noise in the Greater Houston Metroplex area "protesting" all kind of "injustices" to blacks...most of which are just wishful thinking or obvious twisted interpretations of events, meaning supposedly white on black "issues," yet he says absolutely NOTHING when it's the reverse. The very same brand of disingenuous "outrage" (mere theatrics) expressed also by racist losers Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson, who ALSO say nothing when whites are the victims of blacks.

"X" is as authentic as a 3-dollar bill...just a big-mouth rabble-rouser egotistical racist. Doesn't care about anyone except himself, not even other blacks.

Nobody OWNS their neighborhoods, as it has public streets and sidewalks. Keeping others out -- especially people of another race -- should be criminal. At the very least it's bullying, if not making terroristic threats (which IS criminal). But that's typical: Can't win the conversation with words, so they get physical (if verbally assaulting someone doesn't work, then physically assault them, and that happens quickly).

Imagine the "outrage" if a white neighborhood tried to keep out a group of "protesting" blacks. What if OCT was a BLACK pro-gun/pro-OC group -- would they be unwelcomed in that neighborhood then?

Doesn't take much AT ALL to "outrage" the so-called "black community," does it. Or give excuses to loot and destroy (as per the riots in Missouri presently). What a double standard. Burglaries, car-jackings, strong-arm mugging, beatings, rapes, home-invasions...even getting robbed in your own driveway happen regularly in the Greater Houston Metroplex area, and about a 60 mile radius from Houston where similar trash lives, too.

And people wonder why there are so many citizens in the Houston area with CC permits...there are plenty of reasons to do so as you see those reasons on the streets every day, or their faces on TV news as "suspects" in the latest violent crime du jour -- and more to be seen tomorrow, and more the day after that -- ad infinitum...

If you don't get it, you'd probably have to live in the Houston area to understand. Some people do, and still don't get it. Or maybe just don't want to (head in the sand). But, "facts be facts" as they say...

OCT may just want to stay out of those racist neighborhoods as nothing good will come of it, especially after the negative reception so far (Black Panthers? What a joke, let them threaten: They START something, they'll be finished). The people who live in said neighborhoods aren't worth the effort even though they are most often victims of crime (and perpetrators as well) -- and "them be the facts, too." Nothing racist about it, just fact. The truth isn't racist.

So just leave them be. That's just how THEY want it (self-segregation) -- let the "homies" have it.
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 08-16-2014 at 01:39 AM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Real Black Panthers OC anyway.

Or was Huey Newton wrong this whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Quannel-X is just another racist loud-mouth often showing up (if he can make $$ at it, as IIRC, he charges for his "services" as a "community activist") as he perseveres in "looking out for the folks" (meaning blacks -- couldn't care less about white people, and blames them for everything). Sometimes, he's seen "looking out for the folks" along with also loud-mouth Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee representing the Houston inner-city (AKA: ghetto trash), who will even go out of her district to tell people what they need to be doing in theirs. I saw both their faces on the TV news often when I lived in Galveston...

"X" (I guess he can't write his name) is often seen in making noise in the Greater Houston Metroplex area "protesting" all kind of "injustices" to blacks...most of which are just wishful thinking or obvious twisted interpretations of events on his part. The very same kind "outrage" expressed by also losers Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson.

"X" is as authentic as a 3-dollar bill...just a big-mouth rabble-rouser racist. Doesn't care about anyone except himself, not even blacks.
    WOW, don't hold back, please tell us how you really feel Cloud!! Malcolm X, Huey, et al., did the same thing as did others for what they believed were injustices. last i checked they are also afforded the 1st amendment protection the rest of the country is.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 08-15-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Campaign Veteran
    It's a shame flat-out lying/race-baiting "hate speech" is protected by the 1st Amendment [unless the speaker is white]...but I guess that's one reason we need the 2nd Amendment!

P.S. I think you took me "out of context" -- what I was TRYING to say in my post was...

;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 08-16-2014 at 01:40 AM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    We couldn't have a circumstance like this one without a heavy dose of irony -- during the meeting you'll notice there were at least 2 what I presume to be blank panther members open carrying rifles (and they were in-hand, not even slung ) :facepalm:

From what I've heard, the majority of these so-called "leaders" that have been voicing objections do not even live in 5th ward. In fact, following the meeting, OCT received a string of messages such as the following:
    "Good morning OCT. I hope you all have a good turnout in 5th Ward today. Quannell X does not represent all black people. I am a black man from Houston's South Park/Sunnyside area and I don't have a problem with what you all are doing. If I owned a gun I would gladly join you. I believe every law abiding gun owning citizen should exercise their 2nd Amendment Right. God bless stay strong!"

"I'm black, I'm from 5th. Ward and I'm very proud of my neighborhood's heritage, However, I just witness the madness you experienced from the media sponge Quanell X formerly known as Quanell Ralph Evans. This clown doesn't represent all Blacks which includes me. This guy's agenda is money and attention. The Black Panther concept died years ago.

One of your partners uttered, "...dog and pony show." Indeed!! You have the right to support your 2nd. Amendment position, you have the right to march as we did during our Civil Rights Movement and most saliently, your Open Carry Texas agenda is endorsed."

Watch this video: Open carry texas is for every race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrWw...ature=youtu.be
    Advocate freedom please

[QUOTE=stealthyeliminator;2082824]snip..
    From what I've heard, the majority of these so-called "leaders" that have been voicing objections do not even live in 5th ward. In fact, following the meeting, OCT received a string of messages such as the following:
    "Good morning OCT. I hope you all have a good turnout in 5th Ward today. Quannell X does not represent all black people. I am a black man from Houston's South Park/Sunnyside area and I don't have a problem with what you all are doing. If I owned a gun I would gladly join you. I believe every law abiding gun owning citizen should exercise their 2nd Amendment Right. God bless stay strong!"

"I'm black, I'm from 5th. Ward and I'm very proud of my neighborhood's heritage, However, I just witness the madness you experienced from the media sponge Quanell X formerly known as Quanell Ralph Evans. This clown doesn't represent all Blacks which includes me. This guy's agenda is money and attention. The Black Panther concept died years ago.
    snip
    unquote

do you actually any type of viable cites for the claims of what OCT received or are you winging it yet again?

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    The truth isn't racist.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

[QUOTE=solus;2083325]
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    snip...

do you actually any type of viable cites for the claims of what OCT received or are you winging it yet again?

ipse
    Houston is not that far away, go on down and see for yourself.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

5th ward ????????

The parties involved in that bright idea need to have their ass run off. PERIOD !!!!!!!! and after if falls apart tuck their tail and run.
    So much for the Texas open carry bunch

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Thanks for the well informed and carefully articulated opinion. You're really starting off your time here with a bang.
    Advocate freedom please

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Moved this to the Texas sub-forum as state specific.

Welcome to OCDO, Uncle Tom.....I think. Please tell us to what you allude.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I'm guessing they are planning in making a 5th ward in some city?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

5th ward in Houston gave us the great stateswoman Barbara Jordan, and then Mickey Leland and now to the gutter with Shiela Jackson 'red dress at the State of the Union get there 4 Hours early to be on TV' Lee carpetbagger From NYC.

5th ward is composed of some formerly poor parts near downtown Houston and super rich River Oaks and gay Montrose.
    All of these groups that benefit the most from 2A but are too stoopid to realize such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    5th ward in Houston gave us the great stateswoman Barbara Jordan, and then Mickey Leland and now to the gutter with Shiela Jackson 'red dress at the State of the Union get there 4 Hours early to be on TV' Lee carpetbagger From NYC.
    LoL .. She's a tool for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Please tell us to what you allude.
    http://m.click2houston.com/news/gun-...-ward/27465032

So what happened with this? Was it like Ferguson?
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

If it was like Ferguson, you would have heard.

Last I heard OCT "postponed" the event. Swore up and down it would happen, just haven't given a date to my knowledge.

I can tell you the event has not happened yet.
    Last edited by RU serious; 09-21-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Mas info

Quote Originally Posted by RU serious View Post
    If it was like Ferguson, you would have heard.

Last I heard OCT "postponed" the event. Swore up and down it would happen, just haven't given a date to my knowledge.

I can tell you the event has not happened yet.
    Got it. Thanks for the update. Was curious of the outcome.

I just found this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Black-Panthers

It's more gooder

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RU serious View Post
    I just found this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Black-Panthers

It's more gooder
    Merged the two threads - same subject.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    WOW, don't hold back, please tell us how you really feel Cloud!! Malcolm X, Huey, et al., did the same thing as did others for what they believed were injustices. last i checked they are also afforded the 1st amendment protection the rest of the country is.

ipse
    If they are US citizens, of course. That has no bearing on how cloudcroft accurately described X and his "business" practice.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    Houston police officers told both sides there will be ground rules on Saturday. HPD officials said both sides will be kept separated and won't be allowed to interact with each other. HPD officials said Open Carry members will also not be allowed to march because they don't have a permit. http://www.click2houston.com/news/gu...-ward/27465032

shades of events past, aka 1979 Greensboro massacre where KKK, and NeoNazi marchers started their march in the middle of a section 8 part of the city. 5 dead, zero convicted of any wrongdoing easier to read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_massacre or watch the vintage video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oxh5-hq6mc

and shades of currency: Ferguson, MO

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, Karr 1849!

ipse
    Bit stupid to try to tell armed citizens they arent allowed to exercise their rights then yell about safety. Perhaps HPD needs educating on the 1st Amendment. Keep them separate, fine but march they can and certainly should
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast