• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Texas clases with New Black Panthers?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Open Carry Texas clashes with New Black Panthers?

This will be interesting to watch: http://soopermexican.com/2014/08/14...anthers-over-planned-community-demonstration/

"Wednesday afternoon members of the “Open Carry Texas” group argued with those of the “New Black Panthers” over a demonstration they planned in a neighborhood with predominantly black community members. Tempers flared as the Panthers’ representatives accused the gun activists of not really caring about the community..."

Last edited:

solus

Houston police officers told both sides there will be ground rules on Saturday. HPD officials said both sides will be kept separated and won't be allowed to interact with each other. HPD officials said Open Carry members will also not be allowed to march because they don't have a permit. http://www.click2houston.com/news/g...xas-warned-to-stay-out-of-fifth-ward/27465032

shades of events past, aka 1979 Greensboro massacre where KKK, and NeoNazi marchers started their march in the middle of a section 8 part of the city. 5 dead, zero convicted of any wrongdoing easier to read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_massacre or watch the vintage video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oxh5-hq6mc

and shades of currency: Ferguson, MO

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, Karr 1849!

ipse

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Quannel-X is just another racist loud-mouth often showing up (if he can make $$ at it, IIRC, as he charges for his "services" as a "community activist") as he perseveres in "looking out for the folks" (supposedly meaning blacks -- couldn't care less about white people, and blames them for everything). Sometimes, he's seen "looking out for the folks" along with also loud-mouth Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee -- her district is the Houston inner-city (AKA: ghetto trash) -- who will even go OUT of her district to tell people (ranting) what they need to be doing in theirs. I saw both their faces often on the Houston TV news channels when I lived in Galveston: She was even down "on the beach" (Galveston) telling US what's up. How arrogant...

"X" (I guess he's so uneducated he can't write his name) is often REGULARLY seen making noise in the Greater Houston Metroplex area "protesting" all kind of "injustices" to blacks...most of which are just wishful thinking or obvious twisted interpretations of events, meaning supposedly white on black "issues," yet he says absolutely NOTHING when it's the reverse. The very same brand of disingenuous "outrage" (mere theatrics) expressed also by racist losers Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson, who ALSO say nothing when whites are the victims of blacks.

"X" is as authentic as a 3-dollar bill...just a big-mouth rabble-rouser egotistical racist. Doesn't care about anyone except himself, not even other blacks.

Nobody OWNS their neighborhoods, as it has public streets and sidewalks. Keeping others out -- especially people of another race -- should be criminal. At the very least it's bullying, if not making terroristic threats (which IS criminal). But that's typical: Can't win the conversation with words, so they get physical (if verbally assaulting someone doesn't work, then physically assault them, and that happens quickly).

Imagine the "outrage" if a white neighborhood tried to keep out a group of "protesting" blacks. What if OCT was a BLACK pro-gun/pro-OC group -- would they be unwelcomed in that neighborhood then?

Doesn't take much AT ALL to "outrage" the so-called "black community," does it. Or give excuses to loot and destroy (as per the riots in Missouri presently). What a double standard. Burglaries, car-jackings, strong-arm mugging, beatings, rapes, home-invasions...even getting robbed in your own driveway happen regularly in the Greater Houston Metroplex area, and about a 60 mile radius from Houston where similar trash lives, too.

And people wonder why there are so many citizens in the Houston area with CC permits...there are plenty of reasons to do so as you see those reasons on the streets every day, or their faces on TV news as "suspects" in the latest violent crime du jour -- and more to be seen tomorrow, and more the day after that -- ad infinitum...

If you don't get it, you'd probably have to live in the Houston area to understand. Some people do, and still don't get it. Or maybe just don't want to (head in the sand). But, "facts be facts" as they say...

OCT may just want to stay out of those racist neighborhoods as nothing good will come of it, especially after the negative reception so far (Black Panthers? What a joke, let them threaten: They START something, they'll be finished). The people who live in said neighborhoods aren't worth the effort even though they are most often victims of crime (and perpetrators as well) -- and "them be the facts, too." Nothing racist about it, just fact. The truth isn't racist.

So just leave them be. That's just how THEY want it (self-segregation) -- let the "homies" have it.

Last edited:

solus

Quannel-X is just another racist loud-mouth often showing up (if he can make $$ at it, as IIRC, he charges for his "services" as a "community activist") as he perseveres in "looking out for the folks" (meaning blacks -- couldn't care less about white people, and blames them for everything). Sometimes, he's seen "looking out for the folks" along with also loud-mouth Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee representing the Houston inner-city (AKA: ghetto trash), who will even go out of her district to tell people what they need to be doing in theirs. I saw both their faces on the TV news often when I lived in Galveston...

"X" (I guess he can't write his name) is often seen in making noise in the Greater Houston Metroplex area "protesting" all kind of "injustices" to blacks...most of which are just wishful thinking or obvious twisted interpretations of events on his part. The very same kind "outrage" expressed by also losers Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson.

"X" is as authentic as a 3-dollar bill...just a big-mouth rabble-rouser racist. Doesn't care about anyone except himself, not even blacks.

WOW, don't hold back, please tell us how you really feel Cloud!! Malcolm X, Huey, et al., did the same thing as did others for what they believed were injustices. last i checked they are also afforded the 1st amendment protection the rest of the country is.

ipse

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
It's a shame flat-out lying/race-baiting "hate speech" is protected by the 1st Amendment [unless the speaker is white]...but I guess that's one reason we need the 2nd Amendment!

P.S. I think you took me "out of context" -- what I was TRYING to say in my post was...

;-)

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

We couldn't have a circumstance like this one without a heavy dose of irony -- during the meeting you'll notice there were at least 2 what I presume to be blank panther members open carrying rifles (and they were in-hand, not even slung :uhoh:) :facepalm:

From what I've heard, the majority of these so-called "leaders" that have been voicing objections do not even live in 5th ward. In fact, following the meeting, OCT received a string of messages such as the following:
"Good morning OCT. I hope you all have a good turnout in 5th Ward today. Quannell X does not represent all black people. I am a black man from Houston's South Park/Sunnyside area and I don't have a problem with what you all are doing. If I owned a gun I would gladly join you. I believe every law abiding gun owning citizen should exercise their 2nd Amendment Right. God bless stay strong!"

"I'm black, I'm from 5th. Ward and I'm very proud of my neighborhood's heritage, However, I just witness the madness you experienced from the media sponge Quanell X formerly known as Quanell Ralph Evans. This clown doesn't represent all Blacks which includes me. This guy's agenda is money and attention. The Black Panther concept died years ago.

One of your partners uttered, "...dog and pony show." Indeed!! You have the right to support your 2nd. Amendment position, you have the right to march as we did during our Civil Rights Movement and most saliently, your Open Carry Texas agenda is endorsed."

Watch this video: Open carry texas is for every race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrWwQjzjlL0&feature=youtu.be

solus

snip..
From what I've heard, the majority of these so-called "leaders" that have been voicing objections do not even live in 5th ward. In fact, following the meeting, OCT received a string of messages such as the following:
"Good morning OCT. I hope you all have a good turnout in 5th Ward today. Quannell X does not represent all black people. I am a black man from Houston's South Park/Sunnyside area and I don't have a problem with what you all are doing. If I owned a gun I would gladly join you. I believe every law abiding gun owning citizen should exercise their 2nd Amendment Right. God bless stay strong!"

"I'm black, I'm from 5th. Ward and I'm very proud of my neighborhood's heritage, However, I just witness the madness you experienced from the media sponge Quanell X formerly known as Quanell Ralph Evans. This clown doesn't represent all Blacks which includes me. This guy's agenda is money and attention. The Black Panther concept died years ago.
snip
unquote

do you actually any type of viable cites for the claims of what OCT received or are you winging it yet again?

ipse

UNCLE TOM

5th ward ????????

The parties involved in that bright idea need to have their ass run off. PERIOD !!!!!!!! and after if falls apart tuck their tail and run.
So much for the Texas open carry bunch

stealthyeliminator

Thanks for the well informed and carefully articulated opinion. You're really starting off your time here with a bang.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Moved this to the Texas sub-forum as state specific.

Welcome to OCDO, Uncle Tom.....I think. Please tell us to what you allude.

Primus

I'm guessing they are planning in making a 5th ward in some city?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

HPmatt

5th ward in Houston gave us the great stateswoman Barbara Jordan, and then Mickey Leland and now to the gutter with Shiela Jackson 'red dress at the State of the Union get there 4 Hours early to be on TV' Lee carpetbagger From NYC.

5th ward is composed of some formerly poor parts near downtown Houston and super rich River Oaks and gay Montrose.
All of these groups that benefit the most from 2A but are too stoopid to realize such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RU serious

5th ward in Houston gave us the great stateswoman Barbara Jordan, and then Mickey Leland and now to the gutter with Shiela Jackson 'red dress at the State of the Union get there 4 Hours early to be on TV' Lee carpetbagger From NYC.

LoL .. She's a tool for sure.

RU serious

If it was like Ferguson, you would have heard. :p

Last I heard OCT "postponed" the event. Swore up and down it would happen, just haven't given a date to my knowledge.

I can tell you the event has not happened yet.

Last edited:

Primus

If it was like Ferguson, you would have heard. :p

Last I heard OCT "postponed" the event. Swore up and down it would happen, just haven't given a date to my knowledge.

I can tell you the event has not happened yet.
Got it. Thanks for the update. Was curious of the outcome.