• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Texas clases with New Black Panthers?

RU serious

WOW, don't hold back, please tell us how you really feel Cloud!! Malcolm X, Huey, et al., did the same thing as did others for what they believed were injustices. last i checked they are also afforded the 1st amendment protection the rest of the country is.

ipse

If they are US citizens, of course. That has no bearing on how cloudcroft accurately described X and his "business" practice.

rightwinglibertarian

Houston police officers told both sides there will be ground rules on Saturday. HPD officials said both sides will be kept separated and won't be allowed to interact with each other. HPD officials said Open Carry members will also not be allowed to march because they don't have a permit. http://www.click2houston.com/news/g...xas-warned-to-stay-out-of-fifth-ward/27465032

shades of events past, aka 1979 Greensboro massacre where KKK, and NeoNazi marchers started their march in the middle of a section 8 part of the city. 5 dead, zero convicted of any wrongdoing easier to read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_massacre or watch the vintage video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oxh5-hq6mc

and shades of currency: Ferguson, MO

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, Karr 1849!

ipse

Bit stupid to try to tell armed citizens they arent allowed to exercise their rights then yell about safety. Perhaps HPD needs educating on the 1st Amendment. Keep them separate, fine but march they can and certainly should

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot Merged the two threads - same subject.
Couldn't you have picked the one with correct spelling in the title? :p
Funny part is I tried to edit the title to correct the spelling. It appeared to take/make the change, but did not change the thread title as it should have.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My experience is that the advanced editing function will allow the title to be edited, but that affects the thread title only from the post#1 advanced edit function and maybe for only a limited time.
I do title edits at post #1 always. The internal title was changed, but not the actual thread title. Never have noticed a time factor.