Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good-bye, Starbucks! You don't "get America," so American won't patronize you.

Good-bye, Starbucks! You don't "get America," so American won't patronize you.

Apparently, Starbucks is bucking normalcy, sticking with their star-struck policy of supporting only that which is economically viable to their brand, regardless of how their materialism might hurt America in the long run.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StarbucksNoMore.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	11900

Zero patriotism. They don't get America.

Dear Starbucks: Nothing personal, but you don't support the war response to 9/11, which was quite personal against the United States of America. You don't support our Armed Forces, which I find quite personal as I spent 20+ years serving my country, as well as "everyone in it" as you might describe them."

Alas, perhaps it is personal. Perhaps We the People need to let you know what we think of your brand of anti-American "it's not personal" ****."

So, I'm making it personal. I and many hundreds of thousands like me are adding this to our pages, e-mails, websites, telephone conversations, and yes, even to our last conversations over your putrid, over-roasted coffee.

American says, "GOOD-BYE, STARBUCKS!" Thanks for the astrof***

And good riddance. You never really did learn how to make good coffee, much less be an American, did you?
    Last edited by since9; 08-16-2014 at 08:33 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

$tarbucks$ coffeshop kulture headquartered in Seattle.

US military viral email

A US Marines Sergeant emailed ten of his friends in August 2004 having wrongly been told that Starbucks had stopped supplying the military with coffee donations because the company did not support the Iraq War. The email became viral, being sent to tens of millions of people. Starbucks and the originator sent out a correction,[227] but Starbucks' VP of global communications, Valerie O'Neil, said in September 2009 that the email was still being forwarded to her every few weeks.[228][229][230] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbucks#Controversy
    http://web.archive.org/web/200806201...684&rumor=true

http://www.communicatemagazine.co.uk...sue&Itemid=113

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...51C1A9629C8B63

$tarbucks$ coffeshop kulture headquartered in Seattle. Quite apart from BigBox Korporate policy and kulture, I don't like coffeeshop culture. The one local one proudly features pinko-red everything. I have not darkened their door since I saw MoveOn.org literature proudly displayed. Even now the Obama bumperstickers are blinding.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-16-2014 at 09:01 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

That's O.K.

I'll buy two Venti white chocolate mochas this morning to offset your kneejerk reaction to an ancient, debunked rumor that has been discredited years ago.

And yet Starbucks is still making money.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I don't support the Iraq war, does that make me unAmerican?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I don't support the Iraq war, does that make me unAmerican?
    Wait wait. I thought that that war was over in 2011 when pull-out was - oh man, my imagination just ran away with the doubles entendres - I thought it was over, no war to support.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    ..your kneejerk reaction to an ancient, debunked rumor that has been discredited years ago.
    Your idea of a "kneejerk reaction to an ancient, debunked rumor that has been discredited years ago" was resurrected by a local Starbucks shop at which I was a regular, quite customer.

They denied me entry, saying, "We are well of the controversy, but we only support our shops being safe havens from that, not grounds in support of any controversy."

And "oh, gee!" I wonder if their response might have ANYTHING to do with grapeshot closing the other thread last week.

Because, as "we all know," Starbucks would NEVER dare to monitor these threads so as to put their finger on the pulse of the market before reacting, HUH???

OCDO folks, it's time you grow some brains and STOP being played by the powers that be, much less your moronic admins who close relevant threads without understand why they're relevant.

Please do so before the powers that be yank your gun rights out from under your feet in some private session. Grow a brain, or loose your rights. It's that simple.
    Last edited by since9; 08-16-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Sounds like they don't support the conflict (who does anymore) and does not want to give out free coffees to those who will point guns at us.

I'm sure they'll still give the USAF their free coffees.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Sounds like they don't support the conflict (who does anymore) and does not want to give out free coffees to those who will point guns at us.

I'm sure they'll still give the USAF their free coffees.
    No. I'm Air Force, and they know that. The answer was NO, as in NO OPEN CARRY. Grow a brain.

And what the hell is this jibber-jabber about "free coffees" to the USAF?

I am U.S. Air Force. Never once had a "free coffee." Would you like to make any more false accusations, pea-brain?
    Last edited by since9; 08-16-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    No. I'm Air Force, and they know that. The answer was NO, as in NO OPEN CARRY. Grow a brain.

And what the hell is this jibber-jabber about "free coffees" to the USAF?

I am U.S. Air Force. Never once had a "free coffee." Would you like to make any more false accusations, pea-brain?
    Bummer, when I was in the USAF I got jack crap from others ... so I guess if you want a cup of coffee you'll have to pay for it or get it during your free meal times.

This thread was about Marines trying to get free coffees shipped to them (not saying they cannot carry). Get your own coffees Navy personnel..was starbucks basic reply...with a nice statement about how they support troops.

I would not join the AF today ... now that the military will/has been been used against US citizens.

This thread was about...
    No it wasn't. Check out post #1, who began this thread, and oh, DO please let me know when you find my name there, after which you're more than welcome to ASK me what this thread is all about.
    Last edited by since9; 08-16-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Banned
    No it wasn't. Check out post #1, who began this thread, and oh, DO please let me know when you find my name there, after which you're more than welcome to ASK me what this thread is all about!
    You attch is of a Marine asking for free coffee ... maybe you should not attched it if you want the focus somewhere else.

That's on you, not me.

You attch...
    Check out post #1, who began this thread, and oh, DO please let me know when you find my name there, after which you're more than welcome to ASK me what this thread is all about.

HINT: Focus on the post, not the attachment, which serves as an item of emphasis for the post itself, not a replacement thereof.

In case that wasn't clear, perhaps this might be clear:

Check out post #1, who began this thread, and oh, DO please let me know when you find my name there, after which you're more than welcome to ASK me what this thread is all about. After you've discerned the difference between posts and attachments, of course.
    Last edited by since9; 08-16-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Banned
    I liked the attachment more than the written post ... and wished to discuss that as not much to say about your letter to the company.

uh, isn't this the third post YOU have started on this same subject matter, one closed, another bad bad starbuck post in another thread, and now this one??

especially since you have based the premise on completely outdated gossip that continues to circle the globe on al gore's invention.

now please don't hold back but do tell us how you really feel about starbucks, the OC moderation, McBeth, & surely me now.

btw what did you say this thread was about? oh nevermind...bash starbucks.

the starbuck horse died ~ multiple, multiple times. let it lay in peace.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 08-16-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I liked the attachment more than the written post...
    Then you're missing the point of a message forum thread. Entirely. Kindly leave until you get a freakin' clue.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    uh, isn't this the third post YOU have started on this same subject matter...
    WRONG.

You need to go back and read the posts, as well. They're related, but hardly identical. In fact, they're only related by virtue of open carry, and if closing open carry threads is now what this forum is up to, what the hell are we all doing here?

... you have based the premise on completely outdated gossip...
    Yesterday's visit to Starbucks was NOT "completely outdated gossip."

It was firsthand experience.

Why are blithering idiots trying to denigrate a valid post concerning open carry on an open carry forum? Have all of you taken complete leave of your senses? Have you lost your minds?
    Last edited by since9; 08-16-2014 at 11:27 AM.

There are an awful lot of Starbucks out there. Perhaps you just got one that reacted poorly by denying you entry. Have you contacted management there at that shop? And could there be any other reason they wanted to deny entry?

I go into them occasionally and have never had trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    There are an awful lot of Starbucks out there. Perhaps you just got one that reacted poorly by denying you entry. Have you contacted management there at that shop? And could there be any other reason they wanted to deny entry?
    Management denied entry, and their rather explicit response indicated they're either thought about it at length themselves, or it was contrived by corporate. Could be a test case. Corporations regularly make use of "test markets" to determine the reaction new products or changes in policy.

I go into them occasionally and have never had trouble.
    Same here, Peter. This is a first.
    Last edited by since9; 08-16-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Banned
    Then you're missing the point of a message forum thread. Entirely. Kindly leave until you get a freakin' clue.
    Without my free coffee ! You are a barbarian !

HINT: Focus on the post, not the attachment, which serves as an item of emphasis for the post itself, not a replacement thereof.
    You mean the words in the post?

Like these words:

Apparently.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StarbucksNoMore.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	11900

Zero patriotism. They don't get America.

Dear Starbucks: Nothing personal, but you don't support the war response to 9/11, which was quite personal against the United States of America. You don't support our Armed Forces, which I find quite personal as...
    Where you specifically mention the war response to 9/11....and then post an attachment from a Marine decrying (mistakenly) Starbucks' response to the Iraq war effort.....

....but everyone else is too stupid to realize that you're really talking about an incident in which you were asked to leave a Starbucks....

...that you don't mention at all.

God.....the nerve of people who fail to understand they're supposed to be psychic.

I'd be angry too if folks who read my posts fail to grasp what I meant instead of the actual words I'd written.

People are such fools.

You are a barbarian !
    Wrong coast. In fact, I'm inland...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    You mean the words in the post?

Like these words:

Where you specifically mention the war response to 9/11....and then post an attachment from a Marine decrying (mistakenly) Starbucks' response to the Iraq war effort.....

....but everyone else is too stupid to realize that you're really talking about an incident in which you were asked to leave a Starbucks....

...that you don't mention at all.

God.....the nerve of people who fail to understand they're supposed to be psychic.

I'd be angry too if folks who read my posts fail to grasp what I meant instead of the actual words I'd written.

People are such fools.
    ROFL ... I hope the OP understands now...or will just go back to insulting people...and I'm writing a brief now and am noting how the gov't official must have psychic abilities with some of what she claimed in legal filings so I found your posting great timing personally.

Campaign Veteran
    I stopped going to Starbucks back when CEO Charles Shultz requested my non-presence at his stores. Sad...as my favorite Starbucks here in The Springs had a great view of Pike's Peak & the Front Range from its windows. Well, I was asked to "move along, nothing to see here folks" -- so I did.

Anyway, aside from my usual & regular attendance @ a Denny's/IHOP/Village Inn here in The Springs, once a week I have to drive up to Castle Rock for a class. There's a locally-owned coffee-shop called Lost Coffee (fairly recently founded, so only 2 stores and ONLY in Castle Rock) -- which are quite similar to Starbucks menu-wise and feel of the place -- so I go there to do my OC-ing instead...I mean, to do my beverage-drinking (and stuff online) just before class. AND support a local "Mom & Pop" business, which I always prefer rather than a huge corporate chain.

I DID, however, have to switch from speaking Italian to speaking English again. For example, instead of asking for, let's say, a "Green Tea Frappuccino, Venti" @ Starbucks, I now must switch to English and ask for a "Green Tea Blender, Large" @ Lost Coffee. It took some getting used to -- speaking English again -- but I'm slowly improving. ;-)

So far, no one @ Lost Coffee has said anything (even the cops there on occasion, but they wouldn't as this is The Great State of Colorado you know), so I suppose I am at least tolerated if not welcomed. They probably don't get ANY "regular" customers from The Springs, so I am getting to be known there as a "regular tourist" customer as well as an OC-er...

Some time ago, I was OC-ing @ a "Russian" coffee-shop chain store -- Dazbog Coffee -- up in Castle Pines, CO: Also no issues, and speaking English went well there, too. Dazbog seems like the perfect place to OC an AK or SKS -- all being Russian -- but I'll leave THAT to our OC-ing brothers & sisters in TX presently. ;-)

Couldn't read the Russian text on the signs on the walls there, but at least they had English translations. ;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 08-17-2014 at 12:41 AM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Your idea of a "kneejerk reaction to an ancient, debunked rumor that has been discredited years ago" was resurrected by a local Starbucks shop at which I was a regular, quite customer.

They denied me entry, saying, "We are well of the controversy, but we only support our shops being safe havens from that, not grounds in support of any controversy."

And "oh, gee!" I wonder if their response might have ANYTHING to do with grapeshot closing the other thread last week.

Because, as "we all know," Starbucks would NEVER dare to monitor these threads so as to put their finger on the pulse of the market before reacting, HUH???

OCDO folks, it's time you grow some brains and STOP being played by the powers that be, much less your moronic admins who close relevant threads without understand why they're relevant.

Please do so before the powers that be yank your gun rights out from under your feet in some private session. Grow a brain, or loose your rights. It's that simple.
    Deliberate misapplication of the tenants of ODCO in the locked thread and I clearly pointed out why. Yet you still choose to be abusive, rude, and insulting.

And now the problem is one Starbucks asked you to leave - really? Most would have taken it up the corporate ladder.

There was no connection made between your claim (locked thread) that Starbucks was anti-Israel and this current rant.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast