• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good-bye, Starbucks! You don't "get America," so American won't patronize you.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Good-bye, Starbucks! You don't "get America," so American won't patronize you.

Apparently, Starbucks is bucking normalcy, sticking with their star-struck policy of supporting only that which is economically viable to their brand, regardless of how their materialism might hurt America in the long run.

StarbucksNoMore.jpg

Zero patriotism. They don't get America.

Dear Starbucks: Nothing personal, but you don't support the war response to 9/11, which was quite personal against the United States of America. You don't support our Armed Forces, which I find quite personal as I spent 20+ years serving my country, as well as "everyone in it" as you might describe them."

Alas, perhaps it is personal. Perhaps We the People need to let you know what we think of your brand of anti-American "it's not personal" ****."

So, I'm making it personal. I and many hundreds of thousands like me are adding this to our pages, e-mails, websites, telephone conversations, and yes, even to our last conversations over your putrid, over-roasted coffee.

American says, "GOOD-BYE, STARBUCKS!" Thanks for the astrof***

And good riddance. You never really did learn how to make good coffee, much less be an American, did you?

Last edited:

Superlite27

That's O.K.

I'll buy two Venti white chocolate mochas this morning to offset your kneejerk reaction to an ancient, debunked rumor that has been discredited years ago.

since9

Campaign Veteran
..your kneejerk reaction to an ancient, debunked rumor that has been discredited years ago.

Your idea of a "kneejerk reaction to an ancient, debunked rumor that has been discredited years ago" was resurrected by a local Starbucks shop at which I was a regular, quite customer.

They denied me entry, saying, "We are well of the controversy, but we only support our shops being safe havens from that, not grounds in support of any controversy."

And "oh, gee!" I wonder if their response might have ANYTHING to do with grapeshot closing the other thread last week.

Because, as "we all know," Starbucks would NEVER dare to monitor these threads so as to put their finger on the pulse of the market before reacting, HUH???

OCDO folks, it's time you grow some brains and STOP being played by the powers that be, much less your moronic admins who close relevant threads without understand why they're relevant.

Please do so before the powers that be yank your gun rights out from under your feet in some private session. Grow a brain, or loose your rights. It's that simple.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sounds like they don't support the conflict (who does anymore) and does not want to give out free coffees to those who will point guns at us.

I'm sure they'll still give the USAF their free coffees.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Sounds like they don't support the conflict (who does anymore) and does not want to give out free coffees to those who will point guns at us.

I'm sure they'll still give the USAF their free coffees.

No. I'm Air Force, and they know that. The answer was NO, as in NO OPEN CARRY. Grow a brain.

And what the hell is this jibber-jabber about "free coffees" to the USAF?

I am U.S. Air Force. Never once had a "free coffee." Would you like to make any more false accusations, pea-brain?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
No. I'm Air Force, and they know that. The answer was NO, as in NO OPEN CARRY. Grow a brain.

And what the hell is this jibber-jabber about "free coffees" to the USAF?

I am U.S. Air Force. Never once had a "free coffee." Would you like to make any more false accusations, pea-brain?

Bummer, when I was in the USAF I got jack crap from others ... so I guess if you want a cup of coffee you'll have to pay for it or get it during your free meal times.

This thread was about Marines trying to get free coffees shipped to them (not saying they cannot carry). Get your own coffees Navy personnel..was starbucks basic reply...with a nice statement about how they support troops.

I would not join the AF today ... now that the military will/has been been used against US citizens.

davidmcbeth

Banned
No it wasn't. Check out post #1, who began this thread, and oh, DO please let me know when you find my name there, after which you're more than welcome to ASK me what this thread is all about!

You attch is of a Marine asking for free coffee ... maybe you should not attched it if you want the focus somewhere else.

That's on you, not me.

since9

Campaign Veteran
You attch...

Check out post #1, who began this thread, and oh, DO please let me know when you find my name there, after which you're more than welcome to ASK me what this thread is all about.

HINT: Focus on the post, not the attachment, which serves as an item of emphasis for the post itself, not a replacement thereof.

In case that wasn't clear, perhaps this might be clear:

Check out post #1, who began this thread, and oh, DO please let me know when you find my name there, after which you're more than welcome to ASK me what this thread is all about. After you've discerned the difference between posts and attachments, of course.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I liked the attachment more than the written post ... and wished to discuss that as not much to say about your letter to the company.

solus

uh, isn't this the third post YOU have started on this same subject matter, one closed, another bad bad starbuck post in another thread, and now this one??

especially since you have based the premise on completely outdated gossip that continues to circle the globe on al gore's invention.

now please don't hold back but do tell us how you really feel about starbucks, the OC moderation, McBeth, & surely me now.

btw what did you say this thread was about? oh nevermind...bash starbucks.

the starbuck horse died ~ multiple, multiple times. let it lay in peace.

ipse

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
uh, isn't this the third post YOU have started on this same subject matter...

WRONG.

You need to go back and read the posts, as well. They're related, but hardly identical. In fact, they're only related by virtue of open carry, and if closing open carry threads is now what this forum is up to, what the hell are we all doing here?

... you have based the premise on completely outdated gossip...

Yesterday's visit to Starbucks was NOT "completely outdated gossip."

It was firsthand experience.

Why are blithering idiots trying to denigrate a valid post concerning open carry on an open carry forum? Have all of you taken complete leave of your senses? Have you lost your minds?

Last edited:

PeterNSteinmetz

There are an awful lot of Starbucks out there. Perhaps you just got one that reacted poorly by denying you entry. Have you contacted management there at that shop? And could there be any other reason they wanted to deny entry?

I go into them occasionally and have never had trouble.

since9

Campaign Veteran
There are an awful lot of Starbucks out there. Perhaps you just got one that reacted poorly by denying you entry. Have you contacted management there at that shop? And could there be any other reason they wanted to deny entry?

Management denied entry, and their rather explicit response indicated they're either thought about it at length themselves, or it was contrived by corporate. Could be a test case. Corporations regularly make use of "test markets" to determine the reaction new products or changes in policy.

I go into them occasionally and have never had trouble.

Same here, Peter. This is a first.

Last edited:

Superlite27

HINT: Focus on the post, not the attachment, which serves as an item of emphasis for the post itself, not a replacement thereof.

You mean the words in the post?

Like these words:

Apparently.......

View attachment 11900

Zero patriotism. They don't get America.

Dear Starbucks: Nothing personal, but you don't support the war response to 9/11, which was quite personal against the United States of America. You don't support our Armed Forces, which I find quite personal as...

Where you specifically mention the war response to 9/11....and then post an attachment from a Marine decrying (mistakenly) Starbucks' response to the Iraq war effort.....

....but everyone else is too stupid to realize that you're really talking about an incident in which you were asked to leave a Starbucks....

...that you don't mention at all.

God.....the nerve of people who fail to understand they're supposed to be psychic.

I'd be angry too if folks who read my posts fail to grasp what I meant instead of the actual words I'd written.

People are such fools.