• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good-bye, Starbucks! You don't "get America," so American won't patronize you.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You mean the words in the post?

Like these words:

Where you specifically mention the war response to 9/11....and then post an attachment from a Marine decrying (mistakenly) Starbucks' response to the Iraq war effort.....

....but everyone else is too stupid to realize that you're really talking about an incident in which you were asked to leave a Starbucks....

...that you don't mention at all.

God.....the nerve of people who fail to understand they're supposed to be psychic.

I'd be angry too if folks who read my posts fail to grasp what I meant instead of the actual words I'd written.

People are such fools.

ROFL ... I hope the OP understands now...or will just go back to insulting people...and I'm writing a brief now and am noting how the gov't official must have psychic abilities with some of what she claimed in legal filings so I found your posting great timing personally.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I stopped going to Starbucks back when CEO Charles Shultz requested my non-presence at his stores. Sad...as my favorite Starbucks here in The Springs had a great view of Pike's Peak & the Front Range from its windows. Well, I was asked to "move along, nothing to see here folks" -- so I did.

Anyway, aside from my usual & regular attendance @ a Denny's/IHOP/Village Inn here in The Springs, once a week I have to drive up to Castle Rock for a class. There's a locally-owned coffee-shop called Lost Coffee (fairly recently founded, so only 2 stores and ONLY in Castle Rock) -- which are quite similar to Starbucks menu-wise and feel of the place -- so I go there to do my OC-ing instead...I mean, to do my beverage-drinking (and stuff online) just before class. AND support a local "Mom & Pop" business, which I always prefer rather than a huge corporate chain.

I DID, however, have to switch from speaking Italian to speaking English again. For example, instead of asking for, let's say, a "Green Tea Frappuccino, Venti" @ Starbucks, I now must switch to English and ask for a "Green Tea Blender, Large" @ Lost Coffee. It took some getting used to -- speaking English again -- but I'm slowly improving. ;-)

So far, no one @ Lost Coffee has said anything (even the cops there on occasion, but they wouldn't as this is The Great State of Colorado you know), so I suppose I am at least tolerated if not welcomed. They probably don't get ANY "regular" customers from The Springs, so I am getting to be known there as a "regular tourist" customer as well as an OC-er...

Some time ago, I was OC-ing @ a "Russian" coffee-shop chain store -- Dazbog Coffee -- up in Castle Pines, CO: Also no issues, and speaking English went well there, too. Dazbog seems like the perfect place to OC an AK or SKS -- all being Russian -- but I'll leave THAT to our OC-ing brothers & sisters in TX presently. ;-)

Couldn't read the Russian text on the signs on the walls there, but at least they had English translations. ;-)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Your idea of a "kneejerk reaction to an ancient, debunked rumor that has been discredited years ago" was resurrected by a local Starbucks shop at which I was a regular, quite customer.

They denied me entry, saying, "We are well of the controversy, but we only support our shops being safe havens from that, not grounds in support of any controversy."

And "oh, gee!" I wonder if their response might have ANYTHING to do with grapeshot closing the other thread last week.

Because, as "we all know," Starbucks would NEVER dare to monitor these threads so as to put their finger on the pulse of the market before reacting, HUH???

OCDO folks, it's time you grow some brains and STOP being played by the powers that be, much less your moronic admins who close relevant threads without understand why they're relevant.

Please do so before the powers that be yank your gun rights out from under your feet in some private session. Grow a brain, or loose your rights. It's that simple.

Deliberate misapplication of the tenants of ODCO in the locked thread and I clearly pointed out why. Yet you still choose to be abusive, rude, and insulting.

And now the problem is one Starbucks asked you to leave - really? Most would have taken it up the corporate ladder.

There was no connection made between your claim (locked thread) that Starbucks was anti-Israel and this current rant.