• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Denied Entry by Starbucks

since9

Campaign Veteran
They were polite, but insistent, simply saying, "We're sorry, but you're open carrying. We are aware of the controversies on several fronts, and we are no longer allowing our safe havens to be used as a political battleground."

I wonder if it might have anything to do with this:

Or this:

"Little to nothing to do with RKBA or OC. Locking it."

Like HELL it had "little or nothing to do with RKBA or OC," Grapeshot! As clearly evidenced by yesterday's response, it had EVERYTHING to do with RKBA AND OC. And what the hell do you know? Were you here? Did you witness this? NO. No knowledge literally translates as "ignorant." That's not a personal attack. It's simply a quantity assessment of your lack of knowledge on the issue I raised in that thread and which you close for either lack of proper cause or presence of either ignorant or tainted cause.

And now look what's happened.

For all you know, Starbucks monitored our site, and when they saw you acquiesce and closing of my thread, that emboldened them to take a stand altogether.

Nice shooting, grapeshit! Next time grow a brain and ascertain what's REALLY going on before you close a thread. Gah! You're WORSE than our enemies!

Who's side are you on, anyway? Starbucks? What are they paying you to close all threads painting them in the bad light they are painting themselves?

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

They were polite, but insistent, simply saying, "We're sorry, but you're open carrying. We are aware of the controversies on several fronts, and we are no longer allowing our safe havens to be used as a political battleground."

I wonder if it might have anything to do with this:

Or this:

"Little to nothing to do with RKBA or OC. Locking it."

Like HELL it had "little or nothing to do with RKBA or OC," Grapeshot! As clearly evidenced by yesterday's response, it had EVERYTHING to do with RKBA AND OC. And what the hell do you know? Were you here? Did you witness this? NO. No knowledge literally translates as "ignorant." That's not a personal attack. It's simply a quantity assessment of your lack of knowledge on the issue I raised in that thread and which you close for either lack of proper cause or presence of either ignorant or tainted cause.

And now look what's happened.

For all you know, Starbucks monitored our site, and when they saw you acquiesce and closing of my thread, that emboldened them to take a stand altogether.

Nice shooting, grapeshit! Next time grow a brain and ascertain what's REALLY going on before you close a thread. Gah! You're WORSE than our enemies!

Who's side are you on, anyway? Starbucks? What are they paying you to close all threads painting them in the bad light they are painting themselves?

Might wanna switch to decaf, sugar.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I stand behind the original assessment.

The locked thread had nothing to do with RKBA or OC - it was pointedly about (in your words) a "sociopolitical environment" wherein some accused Starbucks of funding Israel.

Moreover, your denial of making a personal insult fails totally. Truth be known, I chuckle when people occasionally stoop to transforming my user name in such a juvenile manner.

Still though you have publicly made statements which require some action. PM sent.

solus

and as pointed out in another thread started by the same individual, the clipping has been floating around since 03, and debuked by starbuck for years.

ipse

since9

Campaign Veteran
...and as pointed out in another thread started by the same individual, the clipping has been floating around since 03, and debuked by starbuck for years.

Actions speak louder than words, yet both their recent actions and words substantiate some issues. What seems to be in question here is "which issue?"

You state the original clipping was made in '03. Some time around 2006, Snopes highlighted this letter purportedly written by Starbuck's CEO Howard Schultz as the hoax it seems to be. In these times, contributing "hundreds of millions of dollars each year to support Israeli citizens et al" may be a noble sentiment, but it's hardly a sound business decision, and could very well invite a very unwelcome, radical backlash.

Starbuck's debunked pro-Israeli stance, however, was not the issue I was raising. Is was the anti-US Warfighter stance indicated in the clipping from soldiers, which you claim is also debunked.

That doesn't change the fact that a local Starbucks denied me entry with a very well-worded and obviously rehearsed phrase indicative of a written policy letter from on high.

I stopped going to Starbucks back when CEO Charles Shultz requested my non-presence at his stores. Sad...as my favorite Starbucks here in The Springs had a great view of Pike's Peak & the Front Range from its windows. Well, I was asked to "move along, nothing to see here folks" -- so I did.

Sounds like we're talking about the same store, on the corner of Garden of the Gods and Centennial, in the same center where The Peak Grill used to be.

Anyway, aside from my usual & regular attendance @ a Denny's/IHOP/Village Inn here in The Springs, once a week I have to drive up to Castle Rock for a class. There's a locally-owned coffee-shop called Lost Coffee (fairly recently founded, so only 2 stores and ONLY in Castle Rock) -- which are quite similar to Starbucks menu-wise and feel of the place -- so I go there to do my OC-ing instead...I mean, to do my beverage-drinking (and stuff online) just before class. AND support a local "Mom & Pop" business, which I always prefer rather than a huge corporate chain.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Peak Grill, in large part because they were a Mom and Pop business, but also because they openly supported our right to keep and bear arms.

If you find a shop like Lost Coffee here in Colorado Springs, please let me know. I'd be happy to give them my business.

I DID, however, have to switch from speaking Italian to speaking English again. For example, instead of asking for, let's say, a "Green Tea Frappuccino, Venti" @ Starbucks, I now must switch to English and ask for a "Green Tea Blender, Large" @ Lost Coffee. It took some getting used to -- speaking English again -- but I'm slowly improving. ;-)

So far, no one @ Lost Coffee has said anything (even the cops there on occasion, but they wouldn't as this is The Great State of Colorado you know), so I suppose I am at least tolerated if not welcomed. They probably don't get ANY "regular" customers from The Springs, so I am getting to be known there as a "regular tourist" customer as well as an OC-er...

Some time ago, I was OC-ing @ a "Russian" coffee-shop chain store -- Dazbog Coffee -- up in Castle Pines, CO: Also no issues, and speaking English went well there, too. Dazbog seems like the perfect place to OC an AK or SKS -- all being Russian -- but I'll leave THAT to our OC-ing brothers & sisters in TX presently. ;-)

Couldn't read the Russian text on the signs on the walls there, but at least they had English translations. ;-)

Sounds like Dazbog might be an interesting venue for an upcoming OC meet? :)

Would anyone like to carpool?

In the meantime, here's a reasonably authoritative copy of a recently (Aug 11, 2014) Starbuck's release re-affirming their apolitical and non-religious position in the market.

Contrarian

Marines and Starbucks

and as pointed out in another thread started by the same individual, the clipping has been floating around since 03, and debuked by starbuck for years.

ipse

Even Snopes calls this one "False" on their website: "When Starbucks learned of the original email, we immediately contacted the author, a Marine Sergeant, who subsequently sent an e-mail to his original distribution list correcting the mistake. Unfortunately, rumors have a way of continuing even after the truth has been revealed."

-http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
This is incredibly, mind-numbingly boring.

I'm going to make this excruciatingly simple: if you're a customer of Starbucks and you are asked to leave a Starbucks, then stop frequenting Starbucks. That's all there is to it.

Sheesh.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ya gotta admit, Grapeshot - "Grapesh*t" made you laugh!
Not a belly laugh, but a giggle maybe. Believe me I've been called worse, but that one has been explained as a typo.

Never so addressed while OCing in a specialty beverage emporium though :p

since9

Campaign Veteran
This is incredibly, mind-numbingly boring.

Then why the hell are you still hangin around this thread? Are you insane? If it's boring, there's an easy solution: LEAVE! Find more exciting venture's than boring both yourself and the rest of us with your "oh, this is so boring" monotony.

People who keep hanging around what they believe to be the worst while saying "this is the worst" proves only one thing: They don't have what it takes to get on with the rest of their lives. Instead, they pour what little they have left into what little they think of others, but even then, not to add, but to steal.

Seriously, marshaul. I didn't brink up this topic because I thought it was some lowly cesspool. I brought it up because it happened, it was real, and it was a surprising departure from Starbuck's previous behavior. Given the longevity and previously unwavering support, or at least antipathy towards open carry, that's noteworthy.

If you don't see it as being noteworthy, yet apparently have nothing better to do than hang around and bash that which you claim is utterly insignificant, that tells me just one thing, Marshaul: It tells me you think you're utterly insignificant. Apparently, you don't think more highly of yourself than to find anything better than to do than throw pebbles in what you believe to be the proverbial cesspool.

I'm going to make this excruciatingly simple...

No ****, Sherlock. Here's a counterpunch: If this topic is so damned insignificant, why are you wasting your time, and ours, polluting it with your drivel?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Then why the hell are you still hangin around this thread? Are you insane? If it's boring, there's an easy solution: LEAVE! Find more exciting venture's than boring both yourself and the rest of us with your "oh, this is so boring" monotony.

People who keep hanging around what they believe to be the worst while saying "this is the worst" proves only one thing: They don't have what it takes to get on with the rest of their lives. Instead, they pour what little they have left into what little they think of others, but even then, not to add, but to steal.

Seriously, marshaul. I didn't brink up this topic because I thought it was some lowly cesspool. I brought it up because it happened, it was real, and it was a surprising departure from Starbuck's previous behavior. Given the longevity and previously unwavering support, or at least antipathy towards open carry, that's noteworthy.

If you don't see it as being noteworthy, yet apparently have nothing better to do than hang around and bash that which you claim is utterly insignificant, that tells me just one thing, Marshaul: It tells me you think you're utterly insignificant. Apparently, you don't think more highly of yourself than to find anything better than to do than throw pebbles in what you believe to be the proverbial cesspool.

No ****, Sherlock. Here's a counterpunch: If this topic is so damned insignificant, why are you wasting your time, and ours, polluting it with your drivel?

Well, someone got their panties in a wad.

I might have said that my original comment was directed at the constant back-and-forth over this non-issue (rather than your OP), but this little outburst makes it clear the OP was emotionally-motivated anyway.

Last edited: