• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All legally and OPEN CARRYING Texans need TEXAS LAW SHIELD immediately

Count

Founder's Club Member
If you ever have to use a firearm it will financially ruin you. These guys will cover all criminal and civil attorney costs with no limit. All of our rights are only on paper unless you can afford a good attorney. I happened to go to these guys yearly seminar in Garland and I was so impressed both me and my better half signed up! If I ever have to defend myself with a legally carried firearm I just call the Emergency attorney number which is answered 24hrs by an attorney and get the attorney enroute to talk to the police..... Believe me nobody ever talked his way out of jail...... What I really like is that you can call and ask for free their attorneys about carrying laws for pistol, shotguns or rifles.... These guys have over 100,000 members in Texas only. Do you know that all cops buy legal coverage in Texas? They are all members of TMPA or CLEAT and the moment they are involved in a critical incident they call the 24 hr hotline for an attorney to be dispatched. The coverage is cheap, I only paid approximately 250 for the year for two!

HPmatt

they say they have 8000 in Texas, of which i am, at $300 a year that us some pretty good coin. damn straight they answer my questions about
the law re: my carrying.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Link to Texas Law Shield: https://www.texaslawshield.com/

Generally I am somewhat slow to accept such hype. The phrase "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is" comes to mind.

How much will they spend (time is money + out of pocket expenses) to go the limit in someone's defense? Cases that go to the appellate level can run into tens of thousands and even 100K +.

I suggest looking at this very carefully before making your decision - know what you are getting.

stealthyeliminator

Link to Texas Law Shield: https://www.texaslawshield.com/

Generally I am somewhat slow to accept such hype. The phrase "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is" comes to mind.

How much will they spend (time is money + out of pocket expenses) to go the limit in someone's defense? Cases that go to the appellate level can run into tens of thousands and even 100K +.

I suggest looking at this very carefully before making your decision - know what you are getting.

Yes, you should review their entire website and know what you are getting, for sure.
"While our services are quite comprehensive, the following are not covered: appeals, expert witness fees, governmental fees of any type, investigator fees, or bail bonds. However, members have the option to enroll in the Bail Bond/Expert Witness program."
And keep in mind that they will defend lawful actions, but if you've blatantly broken the law, I wouldn't count on representation. For instance, if you concealed carry into a prohibited place.

I would read through some of the 'member stories' that they've shared of cases where they have represented their members. On their homepage here is an open-carry related story:
"Member arrested for open carrying on own property, perfectly legal in Texas. Member was arrested by a police officer and accused of leaving his own property. Only after a lengthy legal process and gaining access to the police officer's own dash video that showed Member did nothing wrong, were the charges dismissed. Member paid no attorneys’ fees."

Here's one regarding the display of a firearm in self defense:
"A TLS member at a red light was a victim of road rage when another driver started banging on his window, yelling, and making threats. With a child in the car, our member didn’t want any trouble; so he placed his gun in his lap, and told the aggressor to go away.

The excited road rage individual shouted at our member that she was an off-duty cop and had our member arrested. The police charged our member with failure to conceal.

The member had done nothing wrong: Texas Law Shield provided firearms program attorneys who worked zealously and were ultimately able to get a dismissal of charges. Member incurred no legal fees."
Read more at: https://www.texaslawshield.com/testimonials/

I am a member.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... Do you know that all cops buy legal coverage in Texas? They are all members of TMPA or CLEAT and the moment they are involved in a critical incident they call the 24 hr hotline for an attorney to be dispatched...

Is this for off duty stuff, or on duty incidents?

Last edited:

Count

Founder's Club Member
reference the on duty off duty question the answer is both.....

Count

Founder's Club Member
Reference the too good to be true for that price: that is a valid rate...... If you look at the rate of other legal coverages such as TMPA legal for peace officers you will see the rates are comparable and realistic. If you acted in good faith even if you misread the situation and you did something really stupid they will cover you. If you want to go on a crime spree with a gun obviously you will not be covered. Those of us that open carry a lot in states that allow it tend to really pay attention to the carry laws and obey them strictly since every mistake is immediately visible to everyone..... So the legal coverage extending to only places where you can legally carry should not present an obstacle to us since once again on this forum we respect the laws. The issue is that retainers here in Dallas for felony cases run around $15,000. That will only carry you till indictment. If indicted you have to cough up your life savings during trial. Again call around law offices in Dallas (which I did) and ask about the retainer for felonies......

RU serious

If you ever have to use a firearm it will financially ruin you.
That's a bold statement considering you don't know about others financial means.

I see TLS as no different than an auto or home insurance policy. That said, I'm attending one of their workshops tomorrow to find out 1st hand.

I KNOW my means. :(

Last edited:

Maverick9

The truth is all insurance is basically a scam. They charge a rate, have hard to decipher contracts, if you have to use them they cancel your policy soon after (essentially a one-time use) and even if you paid into their system for 30 years, they have NO compunction about denying something that others cover (for example hail damage to the roof - All State denied my neighbors a few thousand to fix theirs - 35 year policy holders). They're immoral crooks. They pay their people NOT to help you (like on TV) but to find a way out of getting out of paying you. It may be there are a few that are different. I had a PERSONAL friend as an agent and he had me on $500 deductible for 10-15 years on my 10 year old car. When I realized that was stupid I confronted him and asked him why he didn't inform me it should have been $1k at the max. He said it was an oversight. No, he didn't offer a refund. But he seemed surprised when I canceled him.

Even if you have a policy, you never know how the coverage will be administered - expect a battle. We have a 1M umbrella policy and hope that if we have to defend ourselves it will cover something. Every state is different.

So, you BET if you have to use deadly force it will come with a severe penalty. That's why reasonable folks will avoid this, situations, people, places at all cost. /rant

stealthyeliminator

TLS membership is not insurance. Insurance products for gun owners and carriers do exist and they are decidedly different. I believe they explain the differences on the website. I considered whether an insurance product would actually be better, you should probably check the differences and decide which would be better for you

RU serious

They're immoral crooks. They pay their people NOT to help you (like on TV) but to find a way out of getting out of paying you. It may be there are a few that are different.

/rant
Wow! Sorry I set you off dude. LoL
Look into AMICA, especially their JD Powers record. I've had no issues like you have.

Not sure what's going on but my computer has been locking up since on this site, later folks, have a good one.

Count

Founder's Club Member
Regarding all insurance companies are crooks: I had my almost new car totaled and State Farm paid for it. I had my house hit by lightning: Sate Farm covered with no questions asked all my damages at current replacement cost. I was falsely accused and dragged into a major legal mess and TMPA covered my legal fees 100%. I tore my achilles tendon and Aetna covered the whole surgery promptly. I heard insurance horror stories but I only had good luck with all of my insurers and legal coverage. I hope I never have to use Texas Law Shield and I also hope if I have to they will cover me properly.

SteveInCO

As I understand it they aren't insurance (which pays for your lawyer after the fact), but rather they provide you with the lawyer.

They've gone nationwide--well, they exist in most states anyway--as US Law Shield. For an additional fairly small fee they will cover you in other states as well as your own (it has to be a state they operate in, but I believe they are now in 40 states plus DC).

Count

Founder's Club Member
Regarding the doubt that an arrest will financially ruin you: Expect to immediately lose your job, because you used a gun expect an outrageous bond which will keep you locked up for long time until at least the grand jury meets, if you never go to trial you will have the arrest on your record for at least three years before eligible for expunction of your records making it impossible to find a decent job, the average retainer of a law firm in Dallas is $15,000 which doesn't cover the 10,000 needed for a private investigator to interview and locate all witnesses and evidence missed by police, and to prepare your case for your attorney, if you go to trial you are talking about another 15,000 to ?????? depending on the complexity and length of the trial. So, lets say you saved up a few hundred thousands and you were prepared in your mind. How long do you think your money will last with no job or prospect of a job for at least three to four years?

OC for ME

Cops are pretty good about knowing a justified SD use of a firearm when they see one. Now, that don't mean that a nitwit prosecutor (is this being redundant?) won't prosecute you anyway (Zimmerman).

HPmatt

i would not want to try my luck w DA (Dem) Craig Watkins here in Dallas - he already has the FBI looking at his prosecuting the enemy of one of his financial supporters. Would not put it past him to trump up some charges to deflect attention from himself with an election coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk