Thread: I'm back

I'm back

Hello everyone if you have been thinking it has been a while since you last saw or heard from me you would be correct. A new job with more responsibilities and a new motorcycle (2007 Suzuki Boulevard c90t 1500!) has kept me busy. I have not had much time to get out and open carry, get on the forum or make any meetings. I do not suppose adult life every really slows down but for the moment all of the pieces are where they need to be. I am assuming I missed the annual open carry picnic I hope it went well. Thank you to every one who has been open carrying for me the last few months. I did open carry for the first time in a long time a few nights ago inside the new Poulsbo Safeway. No problems at all but it was also late enough in the night there was not much foot traffic. It felt real good to get the dust off the XD and open carry again. I hope everyone is doing well and hope to see some of you soon
    Last edited by fire suppressor; 08-16-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    5 1/2 months - why it seems like yesterday

Welcome back!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    5 1/2 months - why it seems like yesterday

Welcome back!
    lol thank you Grapeshot

Who are you?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Who are you?
    He has 861 posts that you can read to make your own judgment.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    a new motorcycle (2007 Suzuki Boulevard c90t 1500!) has kept me busy.
    Wow, they are slow to ship out ! lol

A neat machine !

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    A new job with more responsibilities and a new motorcycle (2007 Suzuki Boulevard c90t 1500!) has kept me busy. snipped--
    Nice bike indeed. Presume you'll be riding it to some of the OC get togethers.

Here is some of the original advertising release from 2007:

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...t-ar11791.html
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-17-2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Fixed it
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

A open carry motorcycle ride would be fun, I am not aware of any off the top of my head. I have been doing some open carry with my XD and a black hawk drop leg holster. I think I have seen too many wrecks I don't want to land on my gun and break my hip.

A open carry motorcycle ride would be fun, I am not aware of any off the top of my head. I have been doing some open carry with my XD and a black hawk drop leg holster. I think I have seen too many wrecks I don't want to land on my gun and break my hip.
    A guy I know lost his gun off of his hip when he crashed, he had hit a deer and went sliding down the road, a concerned citizen who stopped to help him saw it in the middle of the road.

When I was riding I found that the leg holster worked out better for me.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

A recent picture taken near the hood canal bridge

My primary transportation is a motorcycle and has been for decades. I really haven't worked out a solid technique for open carrying on a bike. I wear a high ride strong side holster or a shoulder holster, both turn into concealed carry. Obviously you can take off your jacket and open carry that way but I end up just wearing the jacket everywhere.
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Welcome Back.
    - Nice bike! We've actually had a pretty good summer for riding this year.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.