• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm back

fire suppressor

Hello everyone if you have been thinking it has been a while since you last saw or heard from me you would be correct. A new job with more responsibilities and a new motorcycle (2007 Suzuki Boulevard c90t 1500!) has kept me busy. I have not had much time to get out and open carry, get on the forum or make any meetings. I do not suppose adult life every really slows down but for the moment all of the pieces are where they need to be. I am assuming I missed the annual open carry picnic I hope it went well. Thank you to every one who has been open carrying for me the last few months. I did open carry for the first time in a long time a few nights ago inside the new Poulsbo Safeway. No problems at all but it was also late enough in the night there was not much foot traffic. It felt real good to get the dust off the XD and open carry again. I hope everyone is doing well and hope to see some of you soon

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Last edited:

fire suppressor

A open carry motorcycle ride would be fun, I am not aware of any off the top of my head. I have been doing some open carry with my XD and a black hawk drop leg holster. I think I have seen too many wrecks I don't want to land on my gun and break my hip.

Freedom1Man

A open carry motorcycle ride would be fun, I am not aware of any off the top of my head. I have been doing some open carry with my XD and a black hawk drop leg holster. I think I have seen too many wrecks I don't want to land on my gun and break my hip.

A guy I know lost his gun off of his hip when he crashed, he had hit a deer and went sliding down the road, a concerned citizen who stopped to help him saw it in the middle of the road.

When I was riding I found that the leg holster worked out better for me.

Levi

My primary transportation is a motorcycle and has been for decades. I really haven't worked out a solid technique for open carrying on a bike. I wear a high ride strong side holster or a shoulder holster, both turn into concealed carry. Obviously you can take off your jacket and open carry that way but I end up just wearing the jacket everywhere.