Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: British citizens can now own AR-15 style weapons, thanks to new technology

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    British citizens can now own AR-15 style weapons, thanks to new technology

    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...a-usable-ar-15

    SNIP

    "Thereís some interesting stuff coming out of the United Kingdom these days, specifically a new concept for getting around the existing semi-auto rifle ban that has been in place for ages. Previous attempts to get a somewhat functional AR-15 or semi-automatic-esque firearm into the market relied on a pump action sort of design where the operator worked the action for every shot, but now a new design seems to be popping up thatís enabling our limey cousins to enjoy some of the rapid firing capabilities of the rifle that they have been sorely missing . . ."

    Way to go UK!

  2. #2
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...a-usable-ar-15

    SNIP

    "Thereís some interesting stuff coming out of the United Kingdom these days, specifically a new concept for getting around the existing semi-auto rifle ban that has been in place for ages. Previous attempts to get a somewhat functional AR-15 or semi-automatic-esque firearm into the market relied on a pump action sort of design where the operator worked the action for every shot, but now a new design seems to be popping up thatís enabling our limey cousins to enjoy some of the rapid firing capabilities of the rifle that they have been sorely missing . . ."

    Way to go UK!
    I'm going to stick my neck out here and suggest that article is inaccurate at best. The rules regarding firearms would make California look tame. Even many imitation weapons and ALL handguns are banned over there and shotguns are heavily restricted having a 'justifiable cause' requirement.

    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...gLawJune14.pdf
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Hey - at least it is not banned because of how it looks.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Hey - at least it is not banned because of how it looks.
    pfffftt. For now. You can't own a handgun at all and yet the police can search you for whatever trumped up cause they choose. And of course no one ever gets shot there as dangerous guns are banned.

    One man dies and two injured in Sparkbrook shooting

    Police probe two Birmingham shootings in 12 hours after wounded man walks into same city hospital

    Yep, looks like banning firearms and 'multiculturalism' is really working for these socialist idiots.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    When Scotland peels off ... then they likely will allow private ownership of firearms like the US. IMO

  6. #6
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    When Scotland peels off ... then they likely will allow private ownership of firearms like the US. IMO
    *chuckles* you have no idea just how left wing Europe is. I lived in the UK for over 10 years. Trust me even the Conservative party is fairly liberal.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •