Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Where to OC and where to not

  1. #1
    Regular Member Dave1776's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle, Wa.
    Posts
    42

    Where to OC and where to not

    Came across this site tonight perhaps some of you are familiar with it and bare in mind it is user submissions so their experience might not be your experience but is a good place to start with finding gun friendly businesses

    http://friendorfoe.us

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1776 View Post
    Came across this site tonight perhaps some of you are familiar with it and bare in mind ... [ ... ]
    "Bare in mind" is an eggcorn (quod vide)?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Oh!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Bare in mind" is an eggcorn (quod vide)?
    Some of the posters here are,,,, "bare" in mind.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Some of the posters here are,,,, "bare" in mind.
    Yeah, but that's merely a double entendre. An eggcorn is a whole new kind of nuttery; nuttery for the sake of emphasis. Kind'a like SLimbaugh's nuttery to illustrate nuttery.

    Amazingly enough, even here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggcorn
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Wowwie!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Yeah, but that's merely a double entendre. An eggcorn is a whole new kind of nuttery; nuttery for the sake of emphasis. Kind'a like SLimbaugh's nuttery to illustrate nuttery.

    Amazingly enough, even here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggcorn
    Sooo,,, thanks for Ex Planing that.
    Sooo,,, I guess that an Ache Horn out Glasses my Cymble Double Entree.

    Thank you for the Sight, now I Sea Watt you wanted me to here.
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 08-18-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Grammar goons are never far away.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Grammar goons are never far away.
    Grin and bare it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1776 View Post
    Came across this site tonight perhaps some of you are familiar with it and bare in mind it is user submissions so their experience might not be your experience but is a good place to start with finding gun friendly businesses

    http://friendorfoe.us
    There is a banner ad for a similar site directly above the OP with over 90,000 ratings.
    http://www.2afriendly.com/oc.html

    Should be a barber shop with a sign proclaiming "Hair today - Gone tomorrow."

    Or Elmer's fondest wish = Hare today - Gone tomorrow.

    Landscaper's slogan - Got mulch?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •