Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Why We Don't Look Like Our Caveman Ancestors

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787

    Why We Don't Look Like Our Caveman Ancestors

    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Very simple, indeed.

    Everybody agrees it was something. They also all disagree on what that something was.

    Thank you for sharing.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    199

    Nutz

    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    What a load of horse hockey. The evolution religious zealots are at it again. What a crock of crap.

  4. #4
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    What a load of horse hockey. The evolution religious zealots are at it again. What a crock of crap.
    Just who are the religious zealots of whom you speak? Try this quote from Genesis, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,"

    Now, since G*d is a spirit, would it not stand to reason that the physical being we call "man" evolved, but the spiritual being was what G*d created? If you accept that premise, then the physical being evolved until it reached the stage where it was endowed with an immortal soul.

    And, before you say it, yes, I am Christian, but I am one who firmly believes that the Creator gave me a mind and fully expected me to use it and not blindly accept everything other men would tell me.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  5. #5
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269
    G*d translates to God.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,147
    Quite coincidentally I've just been reading about Fayum and Antinoopolian mummy portraits from the beginning of the Common/Christian Era - CE - they are fully modern appearing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300px-Fayum-34.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	11903  
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member waskel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Neskowin, OR
    Posts
    57
    ... fully supporting my theory that Vulcans lived among us.
    Han shot first.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    210
    ... but I do look like a caveman...

  9. #9
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by waskel View Post
    ... fully supporting my theory that Vulcans lived among us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsy Simon View Post
    ... but I do look like a caveman...
    might be my view of things, but i see no difference between us and our "ancestors"

    i thought we were all from the breeding of the ancient aliens
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    199

    Zealots

    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Just who are the religious zealots of whom you speak? Try this quote from Genesis, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,"

    Now, since G*d is a spirit, would it not stand to reason that the physical being we call "man" evolved, but the spiritual being was what G*d created? If you accept that premise, then the physical being evolved until it reached the stage where it was endowed with an immortal soul.

    And, before you say it, yes, I am Christian, but I am one who firmly believes that the Creator gave me a mind and fully expected me to use it and not blindly accept everything other men would tell me.


    I said the evolution religious zealots. You sound like Charles Lyle when he wrote his satanic book about geology. Keep reading Genesis you will find out that God created everything in 6 days and was done and rested. No evolution involved. 6 days and done, finished, complete earth with all of it's inhabitants. Day 7 time to take a break and sit on the beach.
    Last edited by Mr Birdman; 08-18-2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsy Simon View Post
    ... but I do look like a caveman...
    Me too !

    http://www.hotelchatter.com/files/ad...an_lawyer2.jpg

  12. #12
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    I said the evolution religious zealots. You sound like Charles Lyle when he wrote his satanic book about geology. Keep reading Genesis you will find out that God created everything in 6 days and was done and rested. No evolution involved. 6 days and done, finished, complete earth with all of it's inhabitants. Day 7 time to take a break and sit on the beach.
    And just what is a "day" to G*d? That is the fallacy of so many people's interpretation of the scriptures. Did G*d create everything? Yes. The argument is over how He chose to do that creation and the length of time it took.

    My own hypothesis is that the explanations of science are valid except where they leave out mention of Who started everything into motion. Expounding on that; the physical being we call man evolved from something not quite human. When that physical being reached a certain point in its development, it was "created" in the image of G*d by the endowment of an immortal soul. Again, Genesis says man was created in His image. G*d is a spirit. Therefore, it stands to reason that particular act of creation was when the physical man received an immortal soul.

    However, the bottom line is that you may believe however you so desire, as long as you leave me alone to believe as I so desire.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    199

    hypothesis

    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    And just what is a "day" to G*d? That is the fallacy of so many people's interpretation of the scriptures. Did G*d create everything? Yes. The argument is over how He chose to do that creation and the length of time it took.

    My own hypothesis is that the explanations of science are valid except where they leave out mention of Who started everything into motion. Expounding on that; the physical being we call man evolved from something not quite human. When that physical being reached a certain point in its development, it was "created" in the image of G*d by the endowment of an immortal soul. Again, Genesis says man was created in His image. G*d is a spirit. Therefore, it stands to reason that particular act of creation was when the physical man received an immortal soul.

    However, the bottom line is that you may believe however you so desire, as long as you leave me alone to believe as I so desire.

    Once again you seem to refuse to believe Genesis but your own twisted unsubstantiated beliefs. Do you really believe that God was out for a stroll and found earth and saw it was "evolving" and decided to take over and start creating. The Bible is clear 6 days period he even wrote it in the 10 commandments with his finger, and he does not stud er.

  14. #14
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    Once again you seem to refuse to believe Genesis but your own twisted unsubstantiated beliefs. Do you really believe that God was out for a stroll and found earth and saw it was "evolving" and decided to take over and start creating. The Bible is clear 6 days period he even wrote it in the 10 commandments with his finger, and he does not stud er.
    Please, sir, define "day" as used in the creation story in Genesis.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    199

    day

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Please, sir, define "day" as used in the creation story in Genesis.
    24 hrs just like today

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBTl3S24MY
    Last edited by Mr Birdman; 08-19-2014 at 01:19 AM. Reason: info

  16. #16
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    To insist on an earthly time measurement standard for a "day" in this context really baffles me. We use the rotation of the earth to define a "day" but we are living on the earth. Could there not be any other definition of a creation period stated as a "day" that would not be appropriate?
    Heck, ever hear of the "day of the dinosaur"? You are not saying this is only a 24 hour time period are you?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    199

    day

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    To insist on an earthly time measurement standard for a "day" in this context really baffles me. We use the rotation of the earth to define a "day" but we are living on the earth. Could there not be any other definition of a creation period stated as a "day" that would not be appropriate?
    Heck, ever hear of the "day of the dinosaur"? You are not saying this is only a 24 hour time period are you?
    Yes I am just like the Bible says dozens of times. Watch the video I posted, and let the truth and science set you free from that evil evolution religion.

  18. #18
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269
    The Day of the Jackal.
    The Day After Tomorrow.
    The Longest Day.
    The Daybreakers.
    The Day the Earth Stood Still. (the original, not the crappy remake)
    The Day the Music Died.

    http://www.theday.com/
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  19. #19
    Regular Member jhfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    164
    If Jesus rode a dino, what dino would Jesus ride?

    I vote raptor, Jurassic Park Edition.

    Nothing says badass Lord of the Universe like velociraptor claws and teeth comin' down the pike at 35mph.

    Maybe we should try and clone a few from dino DNA?

    Just for kicks of course.

  20. #20
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    Interesting that you would post a video from a man who has been so thoroughly discredited: "Hovind has been serving a ten-year prison sentence after being convicted of 58 federal counts, including 12 tax offenses, one count of obstructing federal agents, and 45 counts of structuring cash transactions. He is incarcerated at the United States Penitentiary, Atlanta." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

    It should also be noted that Mr. Hovind's educational claims are just as spurious as his tax returns must have been. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

    Yet there are many who are quite willing to accept his spurious "theology" at face value. I won't.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    And just what is a "day" to G*d? That is the fallacy of so many people's interpretation of the scriptures. Did G*d create everything? Yes. The argument is over how He chose to do that creation and the length of time it took.

    My own hypothesis is that the explanations of science are valid except where they leave out mention of Who started everything into motion. Expounding on that; the physical being we call man evolved from something not quite human. When that physical being reached a certain point in its development, it was "created" in the image of G*d by the endowment of an immortal soul. Again, Genesis says man was created in His image. G*d is a spirit. Therefore, it stands to reason that particular act of creation was when the physical man received an immortal soul.

    However, the bottom line is that you may believe however you so desire, as long as you leave me alone to believe as I so desire.
    Interesting ideas. How do you reconcile the bible indicating that there was no death before Adam and Eve ate from the tree? Evolution is a theory which incorporates death, or life's increased ability to avoid it, as a significant mechanism.
    Last edited by georg jetson; 08-19-2014 at 02:32 PM.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Interesting that you would post a video from a man who has been so thoroughly discredited: "Hovind has been serving a ten-year prison sentence after being convicted of 58 federal counts, including 12 tax offenses, one count of obstructing federal agents, and 45 counts of structuring cash transactions. He is incarcerated at the United States Penitentiary, Atlanta." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

    It should also be noted that Mr. Hovind's educational claims are just as spurious as his tax returns must have been. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

    Yet there are many who are quite willing to accept his spurious "theology" at face value. I won't.
    I have no idea who Mr. Hovind is but, simply because a man has been convicted of some of the thousands of victimless crimes enumerated today is hardly a reason to discount him. Perhaps in some cases it can be used to do just the opposite.

  23. #23
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    I said the evolution religious zealots. You sound like Charles Lyle when he wrote his satanic book about geology. Keep reading Genesis you will find out that God created everything in 6 days and was done and rested. No evolution involved. 6 days and done, finished, complete earth with all of it's inhabitants. Day 7 time to take a break and sit on the beach.
    How long would a day be in the revolution of infinity? Or even the galaxy? Is god only limited to earth?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  24. #24
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Interesting ideas. How do you reconcile the bible indicating that there was no death before Adam and Eve ate from the tree? Evolution is a theory which incorporates death, or life's increased ability to avoid it, as a significant mechanism.
    First of all, one must remember that the author of Genesis (presumably Moses) was relating the oral traditions passed down from his forefathers. This, along with some other books of the Bible, is a major sticking point for many people. Do I believe every single word that is in the Bible? No. Do I believe, on the other hand, that the Bible was Divinely inspired? Yes.

    There are many very valuable lessons on how one should live their life to be gained from the Bible. The most important one is contained in Mark 12:30-31, and is, unfortunately, the one most ignored by those who deem themselves "Christian".

    What must be taken into consideration when studying the Scriptures is that, while Divinely inspired, they were written by men and translated by men. Very unfortunately, some of those men were inspired by motives other than the Divine. That is a historically proven fact.

    Mr. Hovind is the author of the "young earth" theory (earth is only 6,000 years old) and a staunch "scientific creationism" advocate. I listed his convictions (and, yes, there were victims-those who sent him money) and his fraudulent educational claims to demonstrate his utter lack of credibility.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  25. #25
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Birdman, i happen to discount books written by human's hand based on how that same human can please their tyrannical master with what they want to hear at a particular point in time and history.

    sorry please do not throw in divine intervention as 'helping' the human's hand write the stories ascribed from above.

    get the Pope, et al., to release to researchers, out of their locked down vaults in the Vatican, all the ancient tomes written so the world can see exactly what was left out and not included in the bible at the direction of the religious leaders (Council of Nicea) of the time the Bible was correlated into what it is today.

    point in case, was there a flood as documented in the bible and on the silver screen, yepper as proven by scientific evidence. six days to create everything seems to be antithetical to the scientific evidence gathered to date, and growing.

    marx was correct on this one point...

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 08-19-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: tidying up a smidge
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •