• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why We Don't Look Like Our Caveman Ancestors

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Very simple, indeed.

Everybody agrees it was something. They also all disagree on what that something was.

Thank you for sharing.

stay safe.

SFCRetired

What a load of horse hockey. The evolution religious zealots are at it again. What a crock of crap. :shocker:

Just who are the religious zealots of whom you speak? Try this quote from Genesis, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,"

Now, since G*d is a spirit, would it not stand to reason that the physical being we call "man" evolved, but the spiritual being was what G*d created? If you accept that premise, then the physical being evolved until it reached the stage where it was endowed with an immortal soul.

And, before you say it, yes, I am Christian, but I am one who firmly believes that the Creator gave me a mind and fully expected me to use it and not blindly accept everything other men would tell me.

Mr Birdman

Zealots

Just who are the religious zealots of whom you speak? Try this quote from Genesis, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,"

Now, since G*d is a spirit, would it not stand to reason that the physical being we call "man" evolved, but the spiritual being was what G*d created? If you accept that premise, then the physical being evolved until it reached the stage where it was endowed with an immortal soul.

And, before you say it, yes, I am Christian, but I am one who firmly believes that the Creator gave me a mind and fully expected me to use it and not blindly accept everything other men would tell me.

I said the evolution religious zealots. You sound like Charles Lyle when he wrote his satanic book about geology. Keep reading Genesis you will find out that God created everything in 6 days and was done and rested. No evolution involved. 6 days and done, finished, complete earth with all of it's inhabitants. Day 7 time to take a break and sit on the beach.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

I said the evolution religious zealots. You sound like Charles Lyle when he wrote his satanic book about geology. Keep reading Genesis you will find out that God created everything in 6 days and was done and rested. No evolution involved. 6 days and done, finished, complete earth with all of it's inhabitants. Day 7 time to take a break and sit on the beach.
And just what is a "day" to G*d? That is the fallacy of so many people's interpretation of the scriptures. Did G*d create everything? Yes. The argument is over how He chose to do that creation and the length of time it took.

My own hypothesis is that the explanations of science are valid except where they leave out mention of Who started everything into motion. Expounding on that; the physical being we call man evolved from something not quite human. When that physical being reached a certain point in its development, it was "created" in the image of G*d by the endowment of an immortal soul. Again, Genesis says man was created in His image. G*d is a spirit. Therefore, it stands to reason that particular act of creation was when the physical man received an immortal soul.

However, the bottom line is that you may believe however you so desire, as long as you leave me alone to believe as I so desire.

Mr Birdman

hypothesis

And just what is a "day" to G*d? That is the fallacy of so many people's interpretation of the scriptures. Did G*d create everything? Yes. The argument is over how He chose to do that creation and the length of time it took.

My own hypothesis is that the explanations of science are valid except where they leave out mention of Who started everything into motion. Expounding on that; the physical being we call man evolved from something not quite human. When that physical being reached a certain point in its development, it was "created" in the image of G*d by the endowment of an immortal soul. Again, Genesis says man was created in His image. G*d is a spirit. Therefore, it stands to reason that particular act of creation was when the physical man received an immortal soul.

However, the bottom line is that you may believe however you so desire, as long as you leave me alone to believe as I so desire.

Once again you seem to refuse to believe Genesis but your own twisted unsubstantiated beliefs. Do you really believe that God was out for a stroll and found earth and saw it was "evolving" and decided to take over and start creating. The Bible is clear 6 days period he even wrote it in the 10 commandments with his finger, and he does not stud er.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Once again you seem to refuse to believe Genesis but your own twisted unsubstantiated beliefs. Do you really believe that God was out for a stroll and found earth and saw it was "evolving" and decided to take over and start creating. The Bible is clear 6 days period he even wrote it in the 10 commandments with his finger, and he does not stud er.
Please, sir, define "day" as used in the creation story in Genesis.

JoeSparky

Centurion
To insist on an earthly time measurement standard for a "day" in this context really baffles me. We use the rotation of the earth to define a "day" but we are living on the earth. Could there not be any other definition of a creation period stated as a "day" that would not be appropriate?
Heck, ever hear of the "day of the dinosaur"? You are not saying this is only a 24 hour time period are you?

Mr Birdman

day

To insist on an earthly time measurement standard for a "day" in this context really baffles me. We use the rotation of the earth to define a "day" but we are living on the earth. Could there not be any other definition of a creation period stated as a "day" that would not be appropriate?
Heck, ever hear of the "day of the dinosaur"? You are not saying this is only a 24 hour time period are you?

Yes I am just like the Bible says dozens of times. Watch the video I posted, and let the truth and science set you free from that evil evolution religion.

jhfc

If Jesus rode a dino, what dino would Jesus ride?

I vote raptor, Jurassic Park Edition.

Nothing says badass Lord of the Universe like velociraptor claws and teeth comin' down the pike at 35mph.

Maybe we should try and clone a few from dino DNA?

Just for kicks of course.

SFCRetired

Interesting that you would post a video from a man who has been so thoroughly discredited: "Hovind has been serving a ten-year prison sentence after being convicted of 58 federal counts, including 12 tax offenses, one count of obstructing federal agents, and 45 counts of structuring cash transactions. He is incarcerated at the United States Penitentiary, Atlanta." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

It should also be noted that Mr. Hovind's educational claims are just as spurious as his tax returns must have been. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

Yet there are many who are quite willing to accept his spurious "theology" at face value. I won't.

georg jetson

Interesting ideas. How do you reconcile the bible indicating that there was no death before Adam and Eve ate from the tree? Evolution is a theory which incorporates death, or life's increased ability to avoid it, as a significant mechanism.

Last edited: