Thread: Kitsap county fair, OC friendly?

Kitsap county fair, OC friendly?

If I got my dates correct the Kitsap county fair runs though this weekend. I have not been in many years way before I was able to carry a gun. I have those days off this week and was thinking about stopping by and attending the John Michal Montgomery concert. I do not know who owns the land and what their policies may be. Has anyone ever open carried there before? Any problems or information I need to know? Most likely I will be OC on my motorcycle so its all or nothing I will have no vehicle to secure my gun into if need be
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

The concert part of the fair might fall under the "music festival" prohibition, but I haven't read that RCW in a while and I don't know the details of the Kitsap Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    The concert part of the fair might fall under the "music festival" prohibition, but I haven't read that RCW in a while and I don't know the details of the Kitsap Fair.
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=70.108.020

Does not apply to:
    PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies ...
    PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 08-18-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    If I got my dates correct the Kitsap county fair runs though this weekend. I have not been in many years way before I was able to carry a gun. I have those days off this week and was thinking about stopping by and attending the John Michal Montgomery concert. I do not know who owns the land and what their policies may be. Has anyone ever open carried there before? Any problems or information I need to know? Most likely I will be OC on my motorcycle so its all or nothing I will have no vehicle to secure my gun into if need be
    Contact information all leads to a county phone number, physical address and email address. The fair ordinances link leads to the kitsap county code [link].

As far as I can tell its a county run fair and subject to state preemption.

http://www.kitsapgov.com/parks/fairg...nformation.htm
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 08-18-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.