• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap county fair, OC friendly?

fire suppressor

If I got my dates correct the Kitsap county fair runs though this weekend. I have not been in many years way before I was able to carry a gun. I have those days off this week and was thinking about stopping by and attending the John Michal Montgomery concert. I do not know who owns the land and what their policies may be. Has anyone ever open carried there before? Any problems or information I need to know? Most likely I will be OC on my motorcycle so its all or nothing I will have no vehicle to secure my gun into if need be

Mainsail

The concert part of the fair might fall under the "music festival" prohibition, but I haven't read that RCW in a while and I don't know the details of the Kitsap Fair.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
The concert part of the fair might fall under the "music festival" prohibition, but I haven't read that RCW in a while and I don't know the details of the Kitsap Fair.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=70.108.020

Does not apply to:
PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies ...

PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
If I got my dates correct the Kitsap county fair runs though this weekend. I have not been in many years way before I was able to carry a gun. I have those days off this week and was thinking about stopping by and attending the John Michal Montgomery concert. I do not know who owns the land and what their policies may be. Has anyone ever open carried there before? Any problems or information I need to know? Most likely I will be OC on my motorcycle so its all or nothing I will have no vehicle to secure my gun into if need be

Contact information all leads to a county phone number, physical address and email address. The fair ordinances link leads to the kitsap county code [link].

As far as I can tell its a county run fair and subject to state preemption.

http://www.kitsapgov.com/parks/fairgrounds/pages/fair_information.htm

Last edited: