Thread: Hays Kansas violating state firearm law

Hays Kansas violating state firearm law

Banned
    Park rules? Are simple rules and rule breaking violations of law? I would not think so.

oh wow, OMG, they're breaking the law because of a sign that didn't get changed the moment the law changed. OMG.

Hays Kansas violating state firearm law

Outdated signs are not a crime. But absolutely follow up and Contact the city and request the sign be updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Super6O; 08-20-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
    oh wow, OMG, they're breaking the law because of a sign that didn't get changed the moment the law changed. OMG.
    Not changing/modifying signs in a timely fashion, can potentially cost a violator considerable time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Super6O View Post
    Outdated signs are not a crime. But absolutely follow up and Contact the city and request the sign be updated.
    In some cases/states, outdated signs are a crime, civil violation of law.

15.2-915. Control of firearms; applicability to authorities and local governmental agencies.
    A. No locality shall adopt or enforce any ordinance, resolution or motion, as permitted by 15.2-1425, and no agent of such locality shall take any administrative action, governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying, storage or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof other than those expressly authorized by statute.
    https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/leg...0+cod+15.2-915
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Not changing/modifying signs in a timely fashion, can potentially cost a violator considerable time and money.

In some cases/states, outdated signs are a crime, civil violation of law.

15.2-915. Control of firearms; applicability to authorities and local governmental agencies.
    A. No locality shall adopt or enforce any ordinance, resolution or motion, as permitted by 15.2-1425, and no agent of such locality shall take any administrative action, governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying, storage or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof other than those expressly authorized by statute.
    https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/leg...0+cod+15.2-915
    Did the OP state wether the sign was put up before or after july 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    This could be a criminal offense in some states. In Ky. for example, the public officials involved could be charged with "official misconduct". Official misconduct in the first degree is a class A misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to a $500 fine and/or 1 year in jail. Yes, OMG indeed. Some states are more serious about this than others.
    Question: Has this law been enforced? Or just a paper tiger? Having the law is great but ONLY if the penalty is actually enforced!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    ^ ^ ^ Isn't this really what we want? ^ ^ ^

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Centurion
    And it does sound like it is "working" per Gutshot's report. Thanks for that. And I am glad Kentucky has not run into the really intransigent forms of buearacrat too many times seen in locales without this "tool".
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

I sent the youtube link to the city council of Hays, KS and they did change the signs.

her is a link to the new sign video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqqtLf8S13s

Banned
    Well, you showed a video .... eye95 would say its proof that's needed lol

good job...signs that are not correct should be changed -- first they are wrong, second, if left wrong then others may assume all signs posted are wrong.