Thread: North precinct Seattle police picnic

North precinct Seattle police picnic

The north precinct is holding there picnic this coming Sunday august 24th from 1pm to 4pm.

These are the officers that said if you open carry in their precinct you will be taken down at gun point, per Lt. Henagan.

Here is the website of were it will be at, in the south parking lot.

http://www.uheightscenter.org/

I'd love to help with an OC informational booth if I could catch a ride with someone to get up there.

Just checked I should be able to bus it out, might need a ride back though.

In North Bend.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 08-18-2014 at 12:14 AM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Looks private so . . . good luck?

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Looks private so . . . good luck?
    Where did you get the "private" part?

"Interested in hosting an informational booth at the picnic?
    Hosting a booth is free!

Contact Diane Pilon at Diane.Pilon@Seattle.gov or call 206-386-1996"
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Where did you get the "private" part?

The listed venue is private property.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    The north precinct is holding there picnic this coming Sunday august 24th from 1pm to 4pm.

These are the officers that said if you open carry in their precinct you will be taken down at gun point, per Lt. Henagan.

Here is the website of were it will be at, in the south parking lot.

http://www.uheightscenter.org/
    I think you deserve a new truck~!
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Considering the fact that it is private property, I'm fairly sure that a request to host a booth regarding open carry on the same day that the police will be having a picnic would be denied for the purposes of "keeping the peace" or just flat out refused for any number of reasons. Probably a major reason the police are hosting the picnic there in the first place. It gives them the power to eject anybody that they want to for any reason they want to because it would be considered a private function.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Yeah. Right. Ask them how that worked for them with me.

Oh, yeah. I'll be there.
    Last edited by rapgood; 08-18-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

They usally hold it at the precinct, it is suspisous that they are holding it here, but they are holding it in the parking lot and not in a rental space in the building. This property is also the home of a public flee market. This event is open to the public.

Also there is another picnic the following week for the east precinct at cal Anderson park with is all public.
    Last edited by jsanchez; 08-18-2014 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I'd love to help with an OC informational booth if I could catch a ride with someone to get up there.

Just checked I should be able to bus it out, might need a ride back though.

In North Bend.
    I think what they want is volunteers For their informational booths
    might be interesting to give out police and community information while open carryingat their boothall members of the community are encouraged to volunteerand are appreciated

They usally hold it at the precinct, it is suspisous that they are holding it here, but they are holding it in the parking lot and not in a rental space in the building. This property is also the home of a public flee market. This event is open to the public.

Also there is another picnic the following week for the east precinct at cal Anderson park with is all public.
    scratch what I said the parking lot is a rental area

the lady at the university house said she heard that they were going to put up signs banning guns from the event.

I left a phone message for diane pilon to let me know if they are banning guns from the event. we will see if she gets back to me.

the lady at the university house said she heard that they were going to put up signs banning guns from the event.

I left a phone message for diane pilon to let me know if they are banning guns from the event. we will see if she gets back to me.
    If you ask, I am sure they will be more than willing to accommodate and by accommodate I mean restrict...
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.