• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North precinct Seattle police picnic

jsanchez

The north precinct is holding there picnic this coming Sunday august 24th from 1pm to 4pm.

These are the officers that said if you open carry in their precinct you will be taken down at gun point, per Lt. Henagan.

Here is the website of were it will be at, in the south parking lot.

http://www.uheightscenter.org/

Freedom1Man

I'd love to help with an OC informational booth if I could catch a ride with someone to get up there.

Just checked I should be able to bus it out, might need a ride back though.

In North Bend.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

The north precinct is holding there picnic this coming Sunday august 24th from 1pm to 4pm.

These are the officers that said if you open carry in their precinct you will be taken down at gun point, per Lt. Henagan.

Here is the website of were it will be at, in the south parking lot.

http://www.uheightscenter.org/

I think you deserve a new truck~!

Grim_Night

Considering the fact that it is private property, I'm fairly sure that a request to host a booth regarding open carry on the same day that the police will be having a picnic would be denied for the purposes of "keeping the peace" or just flat out refused for any number of reasons. Probably a major reason the police are hosting the picnic there in the first place. It gives them the power to eject anybody that they want to for any reason they want to because it would be considered a private function.

rapgood

Yeah. Right. Ask them how that worked for them with me.

Oh, yeah. I'll be there.

Last edited:

jsanchez

They usally hold it at the precinct, it is suspisous that they are holding it here, but they are holding it in the parking lot and not in a rental space in the building. This property is also the home of a public flee market. This event is open to the public.

Also there is another picnic the following week for the east precinct at cal Anderson park with is all public.

Last edited:

jsanchez

I'd love to help with an OC informational booth if I could catch a ride with someone to get up there.

Just checked I should be able to bus it out, might need a ride back though.

In North Bend.

I think what they want is volunteers For their informational booths
might be interesting to give out police and community information while open carryingat their boothall members of the community are encouraged to volunteerand are appreciated

jsanchez

They usally hold it at the precinct, it is suspisous that they are holding it here, but they are holding it in the parking lot and not in a rental space in the building. This property is also the home of a public flee market. This event is open to the public.

Also there is another picnic the following week for the east precinct at cal Anderson park with is all public.

scratch what I said the parking lot is a rental area

jsanchez

the lady at the university house said she heard that they were going to put up signs banning guns from the event.

I left a phone message for diane pilon to let me know if they are banning guns from the event. we will see if she gets back to me.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
the lady at the university house said she heard that they were going to put up signs banning guns from the event.

I left a phone message for diane pilon to let me know if they are banning guns from the event. we will see if she gets back to me.
If you ask, I am sure they will be more than willing to accommodate and by accommodate I mean restrict...