• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cincinnati WEBN fireworks, No Weapons

Brian D.

Sorry to reincarnate this thread...

..but again this year, the WEBN fireworks has "weapons" right at the top of their prohibited items list. Guess I should have started a new topic but so many of the pertinent details of the event are already spelled out here.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
..but again this year, the WEBN fireworks has "weapons" right at the top of their prohibited items list. Guess I should have started a new topic but so many of the pertinent details of the event are already spelled out here.
OMG, really?

What fools! Would you provide a link, Brian?

Brian D.

Next time I'm in front of a real computer instead of this mini-me smart phone, sure thing. Google search WEBN fireworks 2015 in the meantime, not hard to locate from there.

Brian D.

Well now I can't find the WEBN fireworks web page of rules for 2015. It was up yesterday. Maybe they just put up 2014's rules for this year, got called out about the gun thing by someone in the company or whatever and took it down for a revamp. I don't know.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Well now I can't find the WEBN fireworks web page of rules for 2015. It was up yesterday. Maybe they just put up 2014's rules for this year, got called out about the gun thing by someone in the company or whatever and took it down for a revamp. I don't know.
VERY interesting. If you see it again, please post the link here. I'll get on it ASAP - especially since a number of people were sorry they missed the 2014 "OC at the Fireworks" event! ;)

Brian D.

I would expect the organizers to put up the same prohibition against "weapons" year after year because it's not like they'll go to jail over it. Apparently the same shenanigans occur some years at the big fireworks show in downtown Louisville Ky. even after the local government down there has been schooled again and again.

Makarov

Its an old web page. I called the station, they said they haven't posted anything yet about the Riverfest function for this year...calm the thrusters. They also said guns were allowed.

Last edited:

Brian D.

Okay, thanks, I'll keep an eye peeled. Hope not to, but won't be surprised if there's backsliding on their assertions that firearms will be allowed.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Okay, thanks, I'll keep an eye peeled. Hope not to, but won't be surprised if there's backsliding on their assertions that firearms will be allowed.
I've got my e-mails pre-written and ready for disbursement, just in case! Photon torpedoes armed, shields up, prepare for Warp 9! LOL