• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guilty cop's 20 mo sentence too lienent - so say court

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I could only read the first couple pages before getting too angry to read more. Sounds like it was getting worse. Very glad to hear the cop is doing time with other criminals.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
That's quite a bitchslap to the District Court judge. Which, IMHO, he deserves.

Sadly, it seems that it takes egregiousness of this level to get through qualified immunity and have a civil rights conviction handed down.

Based on the defendant's heavy use of his traumatic experiences as a child, I wonder if Bonds and/or Evans will try a respondent superior suit against the department.

stay safe.

jackrockblc

Wow...from a minimum of 135 months down to 20?! Yeah, the district judge needed a slap in the face, and publicly so. I applaud this ruling. Especially inasmuch as the two victims will now fear law enforcement officers, probably for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

The judges and prosecutors are part of the rotten barrel.

No surprise though testilying and abuse is an accepted cultural norm in the circles these folks run in.

Custodian

I don't understand why the sentence was cut from the so-called minimum of 135 months to 20. Not a single, individual citizen would ever receive such a cut in sentence, but the civilian bureaucrats with guns do?

Rusty Young Man

http://media.ca8.uscourts.gov/opndir/14/08/131145P.pdf

Never seen a case like this one ... typical case facts..cops beats someone, arrests him, lies under oath, yada yada yada

Court says 20 months not enough....

"Oh crap" says ex-cop lol

Thanks for the link, and for keeping your post relevant to the article.

Read the entire opinion; Definitely made my blood pressure spike.:cuss:

I don't understand why the sentence was cut from the so-called minimum of 135 months to 20. Not a single, individual citizen would ever receive such a cut in sentence, but the civilian bureaucrats with guns do?

Some animals are more equal than others.

Last edited:

Yard Sale

"knowingly falsifying a police report with the intent to obstruct justice, in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 2 and 1519"

This is relevant to my interests.

the two victims will now fear law enforcement officers, probably for the rest of their lives.
As should we all.

Dautovic.jpg

Dautovic

mailander-150x150.jpg

Mailander

Last edited:

Plan B

Banned
Telling the truth about police officers on this website is considered cop bashing, and is a violation of rule # 15.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
No, but equating the actions of one to the body whole is the problem!

Not until the body whole gets its **** together.

A 20 mo. sentence. You gotta be kidding me! Lower court judges are downright corrupt when it comes to their treatment of LEOs.

The barrel remains rotten, even if we can see one or two healthy stragglers peeking out from the hole left by this scumbag.

Maverick9

If the barrel is rotten the good ones are irrelevant. I'm sure you guys saw that lady talking about how this applies to the middle east problem.

OC for ME

A rotten barrel (the department) will spoil the apples (rank and file cops).

This is why you "cop shop bash," not cop bash. Beat cops can change their department...well, in theory anyway.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Not until the body whole gets its **** together.

A 20 mo. sentence. You gotta be kidding me! Lower court judges are downright corrupt when it comes to their treatment of LEOs.

The barrel remains rotten, even if we can see one or two healthy stragglers peeking out from the hole left by this scumbag.
I've been in court watching the daily revenue gathering process and hear judges say, on a regular basis, that they always believe the cop. And the defence attorneys don't even object.