• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Hempfest 2014: Part I. No guns allowed

RogueReflections

The Video: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=35d_1408397981

The Narrative: On 17 AUG 2014, I attended Seattle Hempfest for the first time. I was happy to see so many thousands of people gathering to support a great cause: legalization of marijuana - both for medicinal and recreational purposes.

I was curious about the "no weapons" policy that was in place. I am still not sure if this was from the event's organizers or a law enforcement entity. This event was held in a public park, but the event screeners informed me it was a "private" event. They were checking bags and looking for weapons or contraband. I am curious how a weapons policy can be put in place for a person who is a law-abiding open or concealed carrier. There is no ban in city parks and this event certainly was not "private."

At any rate, I wanted to get a quick video of the entry procedures and do an informal "field interview" with someone. I apologize for the extreme shaking in this video. I was trying to capture the footage with my one free hand, while taking off my other camera and Camel Back.
- Rogue Reflections -
http://www.roguereflectionsphotography.com

Alpine

How could they possibly ban guns in the wake of Chan v Seattle? Did the entire park get rented out and they are claiming via Sequiem decision they can ban guns?

Was the park still open to the public? Was there a fence around it? How did they stop people from just walking in?

Dave Workman

Guys you're overlooking one very important thing here.

Guns and pot don't mix, legally, under federal law. Period. End of story.

Alpine

Sorry I didn't realize they fenced off the entire park. They must have been leasing it then right?

massivedesign

It's not worth whatever you'll see at loserfest anyway...

So, people who partake in MJ are losers? Are you even aware that not EVERYTHING regarding hempfest has to do with smoking weed?

We (as gun owners) spend countless years trying to chip away at the titles given to us by the uninformed. Interesting hypocrisy.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
You know those pharmacy commercials listing all sorts of ungodly side effects (including death)? I have a couple of good friends that have been able to discontinue those meds thanks to medical MJ. I agree the passed out (I'm sure they had more stuff in their system besides MJ) certainly put a bad light on people that partake, it doesn't reflect on all. Just like there are gun owners that make us as a group look bad too. Like the ones that trash the shooting pits just to name one.

rapgood

My Nancy suffered terribly from the side-effects of chemo-therapy over an extended period of time before she passed away in March. After trying many different medications to combat the debilitating nausea, we discovered that MJ was the only thing that worked.

...and that is all I need to say on the subject.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Screw the Federal law. It isn't worth using as toilet paper.

It's also clearly unconstitutional, and therefore of no consequence, ethically or legally. Any "legal" repercussions suffered thanks to this law are, without question, illegal acts of aggression on the part of criminals acting under color of law.

Well, screw them, too.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
My Nancy suffered terribly from the side-effects of chemo-therapy over an extended period of time before she passed away in March. After trying many different medications to combat the debilitating nausea, we discovered that MJ was the only thing that worked.

BTDT. When you've seen it firsthand, all the prohibitionists' arguments become just so much shrill, white noise. (I force myself to counter these arguments for the greater good, not because the arguments possess an iota of merit or even deserve serious rebuttal.) Frankly, the prohibitionist position is blatantly evil.

Also, I am sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Sez Mr. Anti-Freedom, self aggrandizing, self promoting, self-titled 'reporter.'

Being African American didn't "mix' with Federal law for a long time. Those who resisted were heroes.

Dave_pro2a

Dave Workman can print out the above post, hard copy. Fold it so there's all sharp corners, then shove it.

Last edited:

XD40sc

A bunch of stoners and guns, what could possibly go wrong :rolleyes: