Thread: Fred Meyer/Kroger to follow state law

Campaign Veteran

Fred Meyer/Kroger to follow state law

Group wants Kroger stores to ban open carry of guns

http://koin.com/2014/08/18/group-wan...carry-of-guns/

Crossing my fingers hoping that they don't cave in to pressure as others have done and set a good example for other businesses to follow.

I don't know about the rest of the area, but if they do cave they stand to lose a lot of gun and ammo business in the Tillamook store.
    Han shot first.

Wowwie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puddin99 View Post
    Group wants Kroger stores to ban open carry of guns

http://koin.com/2014/08/18/group-wan...carry-of-guns/
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Crossing my fingers hoping that they don't cave in to pressure as others have done and set a good example for other businesses to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by waskel View Post
    I don't know about the rest of the area, but if they do cave they stand to lose a lot of gun and ammo business in the Tillamook store.
    Way for all of you to keep up with the forum!

This is the 4th thread about this store and the Mommies demanding Attention!

The concern has already been answered by the store, and it is unambiguous!!!!

The store Will continue to Follow State LAW inre Lawful carry by customers!

The store will NOT cave to these demands!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Too much coffee this evening?

Campaign Veteran
    Wow to you Defender - do you need a chair for your ego?

I didn't recall seeing any other threads on the Oregon forum, can you point out the link if so? Some of us only have time to look at some of the forums and don't have time to read every article in every state. It's OREGON news from a local news station, so I posted it.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Too much coffee this evening?
    Not coffee,,, Tequila... but not tooooo much!

Quote Originally Posted by Puddin99 View Post
    Wow to you Defender - do you need a chair for your ego?

I didn't recall seeing any other threads on the Oregon forum, can you point out the link if so? Some of us only have time to look at some of the forums and don't have time to read every article in every state. It's OREGON news from a local news station, so I posted it.
    I think that no matter your state of residence/concern, that all readers here should also
    keep tabs on the General Discussion sub fora,,, you would see this topic there..
    Some state specific topics also have importance to folks in all of the states.

I OTOH,,, have more time to read the forum than most/any,, I read Every post on this site every day!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 08-19-2014 at 04:13 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Mommies. Jeeze. My friend's 38 year old son texts her 20 times with a 'crisis' and she's driving down the road pulling over to answer him.

His problem, besides not having a girlfriend and beyotching about her not paying attention to him? He thinks his pores are too big. (no joke).

I had to take the wheel.

Hello everyone,

Moms Demand Action has quite a strong following on social media. I think all of us 2nd Amendment Supporters should:

1) Contact Kroger and say THANK YOU for respecting the 2nd Amendment
    2) Maybe setup a counter to #gunsense where it shows us holding up receipts from Kroger stores
    3) Think about donating money to your local and federal gun rights groups. Money is power!

Kroger is doing well by us. Initially asking the Thugs with Jugs (aka Moms demand action) to leave but then playing nice and inviting them in to talk to the store manager.

STILL, the stores corporate HQ is sticking by their policy of allowing lawful carry.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...test/15773219/
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Kroger is doing well by us. Initially asking the Thugs with Jugs (aka Moms demand action) to leave but then playing nice and inviting them in to talk to the store manager.

STILL, the stores corporate HQ is sticking by their policy of allowing lawful carry.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...test/15773219/
    I open carry all the time in Fred Meyers and never have a problem with management.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H. View Post
    I open carry all the time in Fred Meyers and never have a problem with management.
    Ditto, we frequent the one in south Salem. Never so much as a mumble from anyone there.

I open carry EVERYWHERE I go and my GF's son works at Fred Meyers....KROGER subsidiary.

NEVER a problem.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.