Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: A just for fun thread. (video)

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    145

    A just for fun thread. (video)


  2. #2
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    In spite of their words, they definitely all seemed conflicted afterwards. Amusing.

  3. #3
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573
    Just love the fake blonde "I fired once & felt like taking a nap." Well she can always try dialing 911 in LA. That will give her PLENTY of time to nap; so much, it may turn into a dirt nap!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Amusing, but I have a number of critiques/questions.

    Rather than tear it apart point by point, let me just say that I did not see/sense a lot of meeting the emotional and anxiety issues of the individuals.

    How many folks (raise your hands) think an instructor can best control a complete novice's movements by standing off to the side? How many folks (raise your hands again) cringed and expected to see the instructor's femoral artery blown apart when he failed to attain physical control of the shotgun?

    And finally, how many folks (raise your hands once more) think that making dedicated anti-gunners try to blow holes in paper with full-power loads is the best way to get those folks to see shooting as something fun?

    My points being that teaching people how to shoot is not just about teaching the mechanics of pointing the gun and pulling the trigger. I've seen total newbies who were not all that supportive of the Second Amendment get more excited and enthusiastic about shooting by blowing apart a soda cracker at 5 feet than by dumping a full magazine somewhere in the direction of a target handing 25 yards away.

    Make it fun, and make them want to do it again.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Allison wants to do it .. I knew she would ....

  6. #6
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Lack of muzzle control, lack of trigger control; Sometimes I wonder if it isn't MORE dangerous to have statists try shooting for the first time unless it is a 1:1 instructor to student ratio?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Creamsicle View Post
    In spite of their words, they definitely all seemed conflicted afterwards. Amusing.
    So now that they have firsthand experience of shooting firearms, how long do you think it will be until the rhetoric takes over again with some of them?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Just love the fake blonde "I fired once & felt like taking a nap." Well she can always try dialing 911 in LA. That will give her PLENTY of time to nap; so much, it may turn into a dirt nap!
    Nicely done.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  7. #7
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Amusing, but I have a number of critiques/questions.

    Rather than tear it apart point by point, let me just say that I did not see/sense a lot of meeting the emotional and anxiety issues of the individuals.

    How many folks (raise your hands) think an instructor can best control a complete novice's movements by standing off to the side? How many folks (raise your hands again) cringed and expected to see the instructor's femoral artery blown apart when he failed to attain physical control of the shotgun?

    And finally, how many folks (raise your hands once more) think that making dedicated anti-gunners try to blow holes in paper with full-power loads is the best way to get those folks to see shooting as something fun?

    My points being that teaching people how to shoot is not just about teaching the mechanics of pointing the gun and pulling the trigger. I've seen total newbies who were not all that supportive of the Second Amendment get more excited and enthusiastic about shooting by blowing apart a soda cracker at 5 feet than by dumping a full magazine somewhere in the direction of a target handing 25 yards away.

    Make it fun, and make them want to do it again.

    stay safe.
    I've seen it both ways.

    My sister went shooting with me, was afraid every shot, until I handed her an AK and went 'point it that way and empty the magazine'.

    Fear gone, smooth sailing after that.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    145
    The blonde saying that this was illegal got me laughing. So, you just broke the law then huh chicky? lol

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    145

  10. #10
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Worst troll ever.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    145
    Doesnt like the "Truth" hahahahaha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •