• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A just for fun thread. (video)

FreeInAZ

Just love the fake blonde "I fired once & felt like taking a nap." Well she can always try dialing 911 in LA. That will give her PLENTY of time to nap; so much, it may turn into a dirt nap! :(

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Amusing, but I have a number of critiques/questions.

Rather than tear it apart point by point, let me just say that I did not see/sense a lot of meeting the emotional and anxiety issues of the individuals.

How many folks (raise your hands) think an instructor can best control a complete novice's movements by standing off to the side? How many folks (raise your hands again) cringed and expected to see the instructor's femoral artery blown apart when he failed to attain physical control of the shotgun?

And finally, how many folks (raise your hands once more) think that making dedicated anti-gunners try to blow holes in paper with full-power loads is the best way to get those folks to see shooting as something fun?

My points being that teaching people how to shoot is not just about teaching the mechanics of pointing the gun and pulling the trigger. I've seen total newbies who were not all that supportive of the Second Amendment get more excited and enthusiastic about shooting by blowing apart a soda cracker at 5 feet than by dumping a full magazine somewhere in the direction of a target handing 25 yards away.

Make it fun, and make them want to do it again.

stay safe.

Rusty Young Man

Lack of muzzle control, lack of trigger control:banghead:; Sometimes I wonder if it isn't MORE dangerous to have statists try shooting for the first time unless it is a 1:1 instructor to student ratio?

In spite of their words, they definitely all seemed conflicted afterwards. Amusing.

So now that they have firsthand experience of shooting firearms, how long do you think it will be until the rhetoric takes over again with some of them?

Just love the fake blonde "I fired once & felt like taking a nap." Well she can always try dialing 911 in LA. That will give her PLENTY of time to nap; so much, it may turn into a dirt nap! :(

Nicely done.:lol:

Evil Creamsicle

Amusing, but I have a number of critiques/questions.

Rather than tear it apart point by point, let me just say that I did not see/sense a lot of meeting the emotional and anxiety issues of the individuals.

How many folks (raise your hands) think an instructor can best control a complete novice's movements by standing off to the side? How many folks (raise your hands again) cringed and expected to see the instructor's femoral artery blown apart when he failed to attain physical control of the shotgun?

And finally, how many folks (raise your hands once more) think that making dedicated anti-gunners try to blow holes in paper with full-power loads is the best way to get those folks to see shooting as something fun?

My points being that teaching people how to shoot is not just about teaching the mechanics of pointing the gun and pulling the trigger. I've seen total newbies who were not all that supportive of the Second Amendment get more excited and enthusiastic about shooting by blowing apart a soda cracker at 5 feet than by dumping a full magazine somewhere in the direction of a target handing 25 yards away.

Make it fun, and make them want to do it again.

stay safe.

I've seen it both ways.

My sister went shooting with me, was afraid every shot, until I handed her an AK and went 'point it that way and empty the magazine'.

Fear gone, smooth sailing after that.

Plan B

Banned
The blonde saying that this was illegal got me laughing. So, you just broke the law then huh chicky? lol