Thread: Paul Allen donate$ big buck$ to gun control initiative

Paul Allen donate$ big buck$ to gun control initiative

Another billionaire for gun control, another initiative to expand it

Late yesterday, the Public Disclosure Commission’s website revealed a $500,000 contribution by Seattle billionaire Paul Allen to the Initiative 594 campaign, and the Seattle Times – which still imposes an apparent new blackout on law enforcement’s opposition to the 18-page gun control measure – quickly reported the development, which bodes ill for gun owners across the country.

http://www.examiner.com/article/anot...e-to-expand-it

No wonder I like the Macintosh platform!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Another billionaire for gun control, another initiative to expand it

Late yesterday, the Public Disclosure Commission’s website revealed a $500,000 contribution by Seattle billionaire Paul Allen to the Initiative 594 campaign, and the Seattle Times – which still imposes an apparent new blackout on law enforcement’s opposition to the 18-page gun control measure – quickly reported the development, which bodes ill for gun owners across the country.

http://www.examiner.com/article/anot...e-to-expand-it

No wonder I like the Macintosh platform!
    Why do you like Macintosh?

Allen has become the latest billionaire to throw money at restricting other people’s rights, activists suggest. He joins other Microsoft elites Steve Ballmer – the subject of a rather unflattering report in Sunday’s Seattle Times regarding his support of the Lakeside High School basketball program – and Bill Gates, along with investment capitalist Nick Hanauer and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg; all big money people whose fortunes are now being used as weapons in the political battle over firearms.

Bloomberg’s $50 million Everytown for Gun Safety has yet to be a major presence, but his Mayors Against Illegal Guns donated $30,000 to the I-594 campaign. But all the money flowing into the I-594 campaign from Seattle-area elites has effectively put the lie to claims that they are up against a well-financed “gun lobby.”
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Why do you like Macintosh?

It's a more user-friendly platform for what I do. Magazine articles, newspaper stuff, books.

It's the standard in the publishing business.

Thanks for reading! Now try this on for size:

Could Kent murder case be wake-up call on gun control measure?

The Seattle Times this morning is reporting new information on a double slaying in Kent this week that raises new questions about a gun control initiative, and why efforts to restrict firearms rights across the country are turning more people against the gun prohibition lobby.

http://www.examiner.com/article/coul...ontrol-measure

http://wagunrights.org
    Give Early and Often

Operating systems are like an IQ test:

Linux = Mensa
    Microsoft = average
    Mac = for dummies

Now about Paul Allen. I support his Right to undertake political activity, which disagree with my personal position. Which puts Paul in the same box as Dave Workman on a lot of issues.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 08-22-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Operating systems are like an IQ test:

Linux = Mensa
    Microsoft = average
    Mac = for dummies

Now about Paul Allen. I support his Right to undertake political activity, which disagree with my personal position. Which puts Paul in the same box as Dave Workman on a lot of issues.

Just couldn't resist an insult, eh? Knock yourself out.

Just remember to vote in November, please.

Gates’ $1M donation to gun control fires up the grassroots

Yesterday’s announcement in the Seattle Times and Seattle P-I.com about the $1 million contribution from Bill and Melinda Gates to the Initiative 594 campaign appears to have ignited a grassroots backlash among people who will not go quietly into the night, and what they lack in dollars, they make up for in numbers and votes.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gate...the-grassroots

GAtes makes more in a second then I make in week. But I'll donate on Friday because. I made more then I expected to...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Did I read.....

I-594 wrong, or does it ban me going shooting with my friends up at Index and I can't let them shoot my guns or me shoot theirs?

What does this have to do with background checks?
    Last edited by jsanchez; 08-27-2014 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    I-594 wrong, or does it ban me going shooting with my friends up at Index and I can't let them shoot my guns or me shoot theirs?

What does this have to do with background checks?
    If this is your understanding then, yes, you did read that correctly.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

In addition to donations I've gotten two people who never vote or follow politics to pledge no votes on 594 have two more such friends I'm working on ....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705922/
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 08-28-2014 at 10:43 AM.

The last time I was tricked into voting for a pro-gun candidate we got George Bush Jr.

Not going to happen again.

Just couldn't resist an insult, eh? Knock yourself out.

Remember that one time when you threatened to sue me because I fair use quoted your articles.

Not quite the Streisand effect, but becuase of that I'll parse it for truth any shameless self-promotional post you make. Especially if you post utter crap (which is the norm imho).