• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paul Allen donate$ big buck$ to gun control initiative

Dave Workman

Another billionaire for gun control, another initiative to expand it

Late yesterday, the Public Disclosure Commission’s website revealed a $500,000 contribution by Seattle billionaire Paul Allen to the Initiative 594 campaign, and the Seattle Times – which still imposes an apparent new blackout on law enforcement’s opposition to the 18-page gun control measure – quickly reported the development, which bodes ill for gun owners across the country.

http://www.examiner.com/article/another-billionaire-for-gun-control-another-initiative-to-expand-it

No wonder I like the Macintosh platform!

Freedom1Man

Another billionaire for gun control, another initiative to expand it

Late yesterday, the Public Disclosure Commission’s website revealed a $500,000 contribution by Seattle billionaire Paul Allen to the Initiative 594 campaign, and the Seattle Times – which still imposes an apparent new blackout on law enforcement’s opposition to the 18-page gun control measure – quickly reported the development, which bodes ill for gun owners across the country.

http://www.examiner.com/article/another-billionaire-for-gun-control-another-initiative-to-expand-it

No wonder I like the Macintosh platform!

Why do you like Macintosh?

Allen has become the latest billionaire to throw money at restricting other people’s rights, activists suggest. He joins other Microsoft elites Steve Ballmer – the subject of a rather unflattering report in Sunday’s Seattle Times regarding his support of the Lakeside High School basketball program – and Bill Gates, along with investment capitalist Nick Hanauer and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg; all big money people whose fortunes are now being used as weapons in the political battle over firearms.

Bloomberg’s $50 million Everytown for Gun Safety has yet to be a major presence, but his Mayors Against Illegal Guns donated $30,000 to the I-594 campaign. But all the money flowing into the I-594 campaign from Seattle-area elites has effectively put the lie to claims that they are up against a well-financed “gun lobby.”

Dave Workman

Why do you like Macintosh?

It's a more user-friendly platform for what I do. Magazine articles, newspaper stuff, books.

It's the standard in the publishing business.

Thanks for reading! Now try this on for size:

Could Kent murder case be wake-up call on gun control measure?

The Seattle Times this morning is reporting new information on a double slaying in Kent this week that raises new questions about a gun control initiative, and why efforts to restrict firearms rights across the country are turning more people against the gun prohibition lobby.

http://www.examiner.com/article/could-kent-murder-case-be-wake-up-call-on-gun-control-measure

http://wagunrights.org
Give Early and Often

Dave_pro2a

Operating systems are like an IQ test:

Linux = Mensa
Microsoft = average
Mac = for dummies

Now about Paul Allen. I support his Right to undertake political activity, which disagree with my personal position. Which puts Paul in the same box as Dave Workman on a lot of issues.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Operating systems are like an IQ test:

Linux = Mensa
Microsoft = average
Mac = for dummies

Now about Paul Allen. I support his Right to undertake political activity, which disagree with my personal position. Which puts Paul in the same box as Dave Workman on a lot of issues.

Just couldn't resist an insult, eh? Knock yourself out.

Just remember to vote in November, please.

Gates’ $1M donation to gun control fires up the grassroots

Yesterday’s announcement in the Seattle Times and Seattle P-I.com about the $1 million contribution from Bill and Melinda Gates to the Initiative 594 campaign appears to have ignited a grassroots backlash among people who will not go quietly into the night, and what they lack in dollars, they make up for in numbers and votes.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gates-1m-donation-to-gun-control-fires-up-the-grassroots

jsanchez

Did I read.....

I-594 wrong, or does it ban me going shooting with my friends up at Index and I can't let them shoot my guns or me shoot theirs?

What does this have to do with background checks?

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Just couldn't resist an insult, eh? Knock yourself out.

Remember that one time when you threatened to sue me because I fair use quoted your articles.

Not quite the Streisand effect, but becuase of that I'll parse it for truth any shameless self-promotional post you make. Especially if you post utter crap (which is the norm imho).