Thread: is this bad?

is this bad?

i recently bought a safariland 568 holster, when i removed the paddle to check the belt attachment i found this bulge, do ya'll think it will pull through?

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer92266 View Post
    i recently bought a safariland 568 holster, when i removed the paddle to check the belt attachment i found this bulge, do ya'll think it will pull through?

I suggest that you send the picture to the manufacturer and get their opinion on it...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I suggest that you send the picture to the manufacturer and get their opinion on it...
    i did they said they didn't know, i could send it in to be looked at. said it would be 3-4 weeks return time, they suggested asking others that had the same holster to see if theirs were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer92266 View Post
    i did they said they didn't know, i could send it in to be looked at. said it would be 3-4 weeks return time, they suggested asking others that had the same holster to see if theirs were the same.
    That would make me uneasy about any and all of their products, to be honest.
    I'd err on the side of caution and try to get a replacement from them. My $.02.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

I have the 568 for my SW 915, very happy. I like the paddle very much and have not taken it off, so can't help you there. I don't think I see any thing that would worry me, as long as the holster is performing.....if I ever take it apart, i will look, sorry I could not be more help....

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    That would make me uneasy about any and all of their products, to be honest.
    I'd err on the side of caution and try to get a replacement from them. My $.02.
    thought i would update, i got a call from a safariland technician. he said everything is fine that all that was is excess leather that was not trimmed when the hole was punched. he said the back of the insert is almost the size of a dime in diameter and would not pull through as it is on the other side of a polymer shell covered in leather. he said if i ever have any problems within the warranty period to send a pic of it and he would send out a new product at no charge. so A+ to safariland customer service.