Thread: Arizona Purge aka Riots? Real or Hoax?

Arizona Purge aka Riots? Real or Hoax?

Whats going on eveyone I think it's all a hoax but just wanted to let you guys know about the "Purge" that is supposedly going to happen tonight? Thoughts?

http://www.occupycorporatism.com/hom...ss-panic-real/

https://www.tumblr.com/search/phoenix%20purge

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/u-s-s...-or-not/14790/

Quote Originally Posted by Javelina View Post
    Whats going on eveyone I think it's all a hoax but just wanted to let you guys know about the "Purge" that is supposedly going to happen tonight? Thoughts?

http://www.occupycorporatism.com/hom...ss-panic-real/

https://www.tumblr.com/search/phoenix%20purge

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/u-s-s...-or-not/14790/
    Most likely a hoax but is still no reason not to be prepared, as one should always strive to be. I've informed my parents of the situation and some of the back story; they know how to react if attacked.

Regardless, I wish the best of health and luck to all my fellow armed Law-Abiding Citizens, as usual.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

The entire premise of "The Purge" is that the police cease enforcement, and without such enforcement chaos ensues as crime runs rampant.

Neither of these premises is true: the police are not about to cease enforcement, and even if they did citizens would continue to ensure their own safety (or not), as they do today and as they have since time immemorial.

That movie, by the way, depends on the single most inane premise of any movie throughout all of history. Whoever thought this would be a witty "prank" or a clever "experiment" should be ashamed at the legendary height of their monumental, gravity-bending stupidity, merely for having bothered to see "The Purge", much less subsequently giving it any thought at all.

Seriously.
    Last edited by marshaul; 08-20-2014 at 06:38 PM.

...or, ya wake up tomorrow and the news reports massive crime the previous night.

Ya never know, it could happen.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Well no purgers seen as of yet. Should they show up, they need to think how not so well it worked out for the characters in a fictional movie they are taking their cues from. As always - stupid is as stupid does. Bring ill intent & force to my front door, expect to receive it back in kind x10.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 08-20-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

All seems well

Well all seems good in my part of town, how about you guys? Stupid stuff like that irritates me but at the same time wanted to make everyone aware should some people go off the deep end with it.

Nothing is going to happen, just another bad internet joke.
    Besides, it's too hot for that kind of nonsense!

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

I have a twisted humor, please forgive. I had this thought come into my mind...

"WhooHoo! Purge is on! Anarchy! I'm a kill you all..."

BANG! BANG, BANG, BANG!

"So I guess "the purge" is over. That lasted what? 5 seconds?"

Sorry, I thought it was funny.

Folks seriously believing that a "purge" event will be happening.

We need a new law outlawing stupidity, heck, the politicians and cops would be exempt anyway, so, forget it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    I have a twisted humor, please forgive. I had this thought come into my mind...

"WhooHoo! Purge is on! Anarchy! I'm a kill you all..."

BANG! BANG, BANG, BANG!

"So I guess "the purge" is over. That lasted what? 5 seconds?"

Sorry, I thought it was funny.
    Yeah, that's why the whole concept is stupid.

Someone said on IMDB (paraphrased), "sure it wouldn't turn people evil, but lots of people would take advantage of the opportunity to kill someone they've always hated..."

That still presumes the law is what deters these people. It may be part of it, but I suspect the main deterrent is the fear of failure: humans are dangerous. Especially the type you brood about killing (instead of attacking in an opportunistic fit of rage).

All the "purge" means is that your victim doesn't have to bother being on the up-and-up before he prevents you from carrying out your silly little plan. After all, the law is just as much (sometimes more) of an onus on the law-abiding.