• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Highschooler arrested for writing fictional story about killing a dinosaur with a gun

stealthyeliminator

He was arrested for disturbing school when they confronted him about the assignment and searched his bag. Not because if the paper. Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Plausible, but we can't be sure. I should have separated him being arrested from the rest of my statement, since the article doesn't actually tell us the reason for the arrest, only a handful of events leading up to it, from which we could pick and choose all day long and still potentially be wrong.

The whole thing stinks, though.

Maverick9 said, "He knew in this climate he should not have done that." I would say, in this climate he should have exercised greater caution in his choice of wording unless prepared to deal with the potential consequences of the wording he chose. I wouldn't say "he should not have done that" though because I don't think he actually did anything wrong, based on the little I know, even though it was likely to bring some negative consequences.

Thanks Nightmare for looking up the statute.

The Truth

I would say, in this climate he should have exercised greater caution in his choice of wording unless prepared to deal with the potential consequences of the wording he chose.

How can you feel this way ^^^

...and this way at the same time?

I wouldn't say "he should not have done that" though because I don't think he actually did anything wrong, based on the little I know, even though it was likely to bring some negative consequences.

Is this even a real story? This has got to be a joke.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Maverick9 said, "He knew in this climate he should not have done that." I would say, in this climate he should have exercised greater caution in his choice of wording unless prepared to deal with the potential consequences of the wording he chose. I wouldn't say "he should not have done that" though because I don't think he actually did anything wrong, based on the little I know, even though it was likely to bring some negative consequences.

Agreed. It's incredibly important to separate that which is morally wrong (read: aggressive) from that which might be a bad idea.

(That which is "legal" ought to guide only a man's interaction with, well, the law.)

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

How can you feel this way ^^^

...and this way at the same time?

Is this even a real story? This has got to be a joke.

What I was saying is that I'd agree he probably should have recognized that his choice of wording bore some potential consequences as a result of the 'current climate,' but I wouldn't condemn him for choosing to speak freely in spite of that potential. I wouldn't say he shouldn't have spoken freely, maybe just that he should have been able to recognize that the choice of wording might agitate the powers-to-be. Edit: Eh, marshaul understood me correctly and beat me to clarification :)

Last edited:

The Truth

I gotcha man, haha. Reading your first post I was only slightly confused but I've since regained consciousness!

WalkingWolf

No. Not claiming that at all.

At the end of the article it says he was DETAINED for disturbing the school then charged with disorderly conduct.

It also says his bag and locker were searched for a gun based on his paper. And mentions he was pissed about it.

Read the damn article instead of the stupid title.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Well so you are just guessing that the disorderly was him being upset about searched rather than DC for writing the paper? If it says he was actually arrested for being PO'd please cite? Did they search his locker and bag because he was upset?

countryclubjoe

Maybe the kid was a fan of Peter,Paul and Mary an there hit song. " Puff The magic Dragon"/ Dinosaurs dragons all the same.

Again that scary make believe gun.. Guns dinosaurs very scary!

CCJ