• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

onus rules police shooting justified - video

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
In some (Indiana) the 21' rule is established by state supreme court president........
Established by precident (an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example) not by president (a person in leadership).

F350

Established by precident (an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example) not by president (a person in leadership).

Damned auto correct, when I went to reply, it had your "precident" underlined in red as a misspelling. AH looked it up, is precedent, looks like we both be damned.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Damned auto correct, when I went to reply, it had your "precident" underlined in red as a misspelling. AH looked it up, is precedent, looks like we both be damned.
Wouldn't be the first time :lol:

Richieg150

Here Mr. Badman, hold my tape measure so I can check and see if you are 21 feet away. ???

21 ft is just a guide too .. if you are slower than avg (and 1/2 would be) then maybe a 30 ft rule is more appropriate for you.

I go by the 100 yard rule on my land .... (my land is only 100 yds !)

When I took my Instructors Class, we did the Tueller Drill. There were 8 in my class ,average age of the guys.. 50. There were 4 active or retired LEO's, 3 retired military, all active shooters in one discipline or another.... and me. We had a B27 target about 15 feet in front of us.

We had our firearms holstered and when we were told , we were to draw, and fire 3 shots center mass. When we drew to fire someone behind us ran the other way and dropped a tent stake each time he heard a shot. Most shot low on 1 or missed, missed center mass or grazed on 2 and hit center mass on 3. The average distance for the shot 3 was 35 feet.... well farther that the 21. Had it been an assailant, most would have been stabbed long before getting a stopping center mass shot on target.

Its an eye opening drill, try it, you will be surprised at the results..

Last edited: