• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kroger declines to ban handguns in stores

Arma1911

Received this response to an email I sent Kroger:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for contacting Kroger Customer Connect regarding our firearms policy. The safety of our customers and associates is one of our most important company values. Millions of customers are present in our busy grocery stores every day and we don't want to put our associates in a position of having to confront a customer who is legally carrying a gun. That is why our long-standing policy on this issue is to follow state and local laws and to ask customers to be respectful of others while shopping. We know that our customers are passionate on both sides of this issue and we trust them to be responsible in our stores.

We value your feedback and will ensure it reaches our Leadership Team.

Thank you for shopping with the Kroger Family of Stores.

Sincerely,

Cassandra
Kroger Customer Connect
The Kroger Family of Stores

jackrockblc

Received this response to an email I sent Kroger:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for contacting Kroger Customer Connect regarding our firearms policy. The safety of our customers and associates is one of our most important company values. Millions of customers are present in our busy grocery stores every day and we don't want to put our associates in a position of having to confront a customer who is legally carrying a gun. That is why our long-standing policy on this issue is to follow state and local laws and to ask customers to be respectful of others while shopping. We know that our customers are passionate on both sides of this issue and we trust them to be responsible in our stores.

We value your feedback and will ensure it reaches our Leadership Team.

Thank you for shopping with the Kroger Family of Stores.

Sincerely,

Cassandra
Kroger Customer Connect
The Kroger Family of Stores

On another forum of which I am a member, several people contacted Kroger to thank them for the response. The response was word-for-word identical to the one quoted here. It's a canned response, showing they put some thought into the matter, but still are playing a certain amount of caution (not unwise for them). Still, I go to the King Soopers in my town (we don't have a "Kroger" store, but they own KS) without any problems. They still are my choice for groceries in the area.