• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone use suncraft holsters???

boomer92266

i saw these and they have them to fit my ruger service six, i wonder how sturdy they are and how well they hold close to the body for concealment. they are slightly over $20 each shipped. they are imported from Bangkok, Thailand. gunbroker reviews sound good but would like to hear from others. thanks and here is the holster.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
i saw these and they have them to fit my ruger service six, i wonder how sturdy they are and how well they hold close to the body for concealment. they are slightly over $20 each shipped. they are imported from Bangkok, Thailand. gunbroker reviews sound good but would like to hear from others. thanks and here is the holster.

It looks like it's made from fabric rather than leather or kydex. Is it IWB or OWB? Although it a appears to have a thumb-break retention strap, my impression is that it's kind of a minimal approach to securing a firearm. Just my opinion.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Looks to me a lot like a pan cake OWB to me I have use holsters like this for years. Yes they wear our faster then leather but how many can you buy for the price of a leather one..

I have leather ones and nylon ones I wear the nylon ones a lot more then the leather ones.

Last edited:

boomer92266

well i got my suncraft holster today, took just 8 days from thailand. these holsters are very well made, fits my service six perfect as it is molded for it. the belt loop cuts let me either use my belt behind the gun or in front. i like it, its keeps my six very secure, durability will be tested but it seems to be very well made. i like it and they make them for a lot of models.