Thread: OC in Ferguson

OC in Ferguson

Hypothetical question for most:

Would you, if you lived in Ferguson, OC among the protesters/activist and/or around your normal businesses (assuming OC is not prohibited in the city limits)?

I would not around the activists; but I would consider it for my regular businesses travels, if those locations were not with the protesters/activists.

Just a thought.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Ferguson is 21,000 people (2/3 AA) in six square miles (roughly 2 miles in any direction). I would avoid the area armed or unarmed. Open carrying would be bearding the lion, that is "the man" in his den. Discretion is the better part of valor.

For comparison, the densest populated place in Wisconsin is Shorewood at ~8500 mile^-2 and I don't go there. My home is about 25 mile^-2.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-21-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

OC does not appear to be prohibited.

https://library.municode.com/HTML/10..._DIV3WEOF.html
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

There's no reason I would ever be in Ferguson, but if I lived there or had to go there, I would without a doubt Open Carry AT LEAST my pistol. At this point in time I would even seriously consider a different type of open carry in addition to my sidearm.

Luckily I'm not there though. I tend to get a bit trigger happy when someone aims an AR at my face and tells me they are going to f*cking kill me, especially if I know it's all on video.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Accomplished Advocate
    I would have no issue OC'ing in Ferguson. I would not really be too concerned about the people in the crowd in normal conditions however i am no fan of crowds at all.

With what is going on, no way I would recommend anyone OC in the area. There is a LOT going on that folks do not hear about, the scanner feed makes that very clear.The cops are SUPER paranoid about guns involved in this event and I offer that if you managed not to get shot, at the very least your firearm would be taken from you. I did not say it would be legal, I said it would happen.

To me it is not worth the coin to get my gun back. Some old rossi or hi point I did not care about would be a different story.

IMHO what is going down in Ferguson is why I have a bug out bag. It is not about bravery or proving ones manhood, it is about being smart enough to realize a no win scenario being driven by mob mentality is going down and distance is your friend.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    I would have no issue OC'ing in Ferguson. I would not really be too concerned about the people in the crowd in normal conditions however i am no fan of crowds at all.

With what is going on, no way I would recommend anyone OC in the area. There is a LOT going on that folks do not hear about, the scanner feed makes that very clear.The cops are SUPER paranoid about guns involved in this event and I offer that if you managed not to get shot, at the very least your firearm would be taken from you. I did not say it would be legal, I said it would happen.

To me it is not worth the coin to get my gun back. Some old rossi or hi point I did not care about would be a different story.

IMHO what is going down in Ferguson is why I have a bug out bag. It is not about bravery or proving ones manhood, it is about being smart enough to realize a no win scenario being driven by mob mentality is going down and distance is your friend.
    ^^
    Concur!

Bolded = Wisdom
    ~Mark Twain

... it is about being smart enough to realize a no win scenario being driven by mob mentality is going down and distance is your friend.
    Which mob?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Which mob?
    It takes two to tango. Cha cha cha.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Which mob?
    Probably the one looting...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Which mob?

Lo0ters or Shooters (cops) its free 4 all take your choice!

Just because it is legal, does not make it smart. In its current state of affairs, I would not even go to Ferguson, much less OC there. In a more normal time, yes I would consider it.

QFT. Ferguson is a GTFO zone right now.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    Just because it is legal, does not make it smart. In its current state of affairs, I would not even go to Ferguson, much less OC there. In a more normal time, yes I would consider it.

QFT. Ferguson is a GTFO zone right now.
    STFO (Stay...)

I got called to go to STL next week. Fortunately, it's not in the North County area.
    ~Mark Twain