• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

which would be better for my gun?

boomer92266

ok i have posted on here about my safariland 568 and a suncraft nylon holster. my safariland is leather. i have always open carried so holster type didn't matter much but now i have my ccdw permit and need help. i will be carrying a ruger police service six 4 inch barrel 357 magnum concealed.which would be better to do this with? i can't afford another gun at this time or a more expensive holster. if the nylon would be better a friend is gonna buy the safariland, if it will be better then i already have it. if my plans go as planned i'll be getting a smaller gun in 2-3 months and with it a better holster. so my question is with my current gun, which holster the safariland 568 or one of the nylon pancake holsters? if ya'll have an inexpensive holster that would work let me know, thanks for any help

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Go to a store that sells both. Ask permission to take each one out of the packaging to test for fit. Loosen your belt, insert the holster between shirt and pants, and scrub real hard. That's what it's going to feel like at the end of the day.

And why are you discussing concealed carry on a forum devoted to open carrying? Take your heresy to some place where they deal with that sort of behavior.;)

stay safe.