• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Might Be Moving To Tennessee, Need To Know Guns Laws

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Could I open carry then?
How could I ride around with my mac-11 in my car without getting in trouble?
Can I conceal a long riffle? I like the IWI 22 uzi.

Tennesse requires one to be 21 yo to OC a handgun.
http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=139

OCDO is about promoting and defending the right to open carry a holstered handgun as we go about our everyday/normal routines. Neither of the two guns you mention meets that standard.

Long gun carry generally is off topic on this site and I would not suggest CCing a long gun unless you wish to attract the wrong kind of attention.

Oh Shoot

Could I open carry then?

- With a permit, you may only carry a loaded handgun on your person in public, either openly or concealed.

- TN does recognize all other states' permits, but they are only valid for 6 months after establishing residency, so it will not be lawful after that to carry here until you can get a TN permit, for which you must be 21, as has been mentioned.

- Any person not prohibited from ownership/possession may have any loaded firearm in his private vehicle, so you'll be able to do that legally.

- OS

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

OCDO is about promoting and defending the right to open carry a holstered handgun as we go about our everyday/normal routines. Neither of the two guns you mention meets that standard.

Long gun carry generally is off topic on this site and I would not suggest CCing a long gun unless you wish to attract the wrong kind of attention.

Now now....long gun carry is not promoted here but lets not bash it ... any carry is a good thing.

That MAC-10? I wonder it can hit anything past 25 feet lol. Its a good, fun, noise maker though. Not a good carry gun in any event, IMO.

The OP is free to choose it as a carry gun but I would not recommend it ...

independence

Long gun carry (loaded) is completely prohibited in TN anyway so there's nothing to discuss there. Any gun is permitted in your car, as described by OS. I open carry a handgun every day in TN, but a permit is required for that. Anything that is considered a pistol, including an AK47 Draco pistol is okay with a permit though!

independence

Could I open carry then?
Grapeshot, I don't understand why you are saying that both the guns he mentioned are long guns. I guess I could be missing something, but to my knowledge the MAC-11 is considered a pistol and could be carried with a Handgun Carry Permit. You may not think that is a good choice of carry gun, but it does not break the forum rule of discussing long gun carry as far as I can tell.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Grapeshot, I don't understand why you are saying that both the guns he mentioned are long guns. I guess I could be missing something, but to my knowledge the MAC-11 is considered a pistol and could be carried with a Handgun Carry Permit. You may not think that is a good choice of carry gun, but it does not break the forum rule of discussing long gun carry as far as I can tell.

Didn't say either gun was a long gun. Neither is really suitable to be holstered though. This has much to do with public relations and how our efforts are perceived.

OC for ME

Do you look 18, or over 21? There have been a few folks who have been hassled because they looked too young to be sporting a gat, visibly, out in public.

Anyway, a MAC 11 is gunna get you noticed, in the wrong way that is.

AliengearS

Now now....long gun carry is not promoted here but lets not bash it ... any carry is a good thing.

That MAC-10? I wonder it can hit anything past 25 feet lol. Its a good, fun, noise maker though. Not a good carry gun in any event, IMO.

The OP is free to choose it as a carry gun but I would not recommend it ...

I can shoot it pretty good, I guess because I'm used to it. I never had a jam on it either. Anything past 25 feet yeah I can hit. I got this gun because the price was low. And it has a very very intimidating look. Imagine the look on a crooks face if I ever had to pull this out. But I carry a gun to protect myself from being robbed.

Kopis

I look like I'm about 21. I've been told I look like a cocaine dealer alot. I have a gold chain and a diamond ring on my index finger. Long curly hair that's usually put in a pony tail. And most of the time I have on a pair of black ray bans. Puerto Rican's have told me I look like one of them. So yeah when the cops see someone like me with a pistol especially a mac 11, they're gonna mess with me.

Could I open carry then?

These are all great ideas.......... Please let us know if you can update your status here from jail. Although one of my friends has several mac 11s and a mac 12, they are so far from an ideal carry gun, i cant even begin to express it. If you dont have money for a good self defense pistol, i doubt you have bail money.

FTG-05

I look like I'm about 21. I've been told I look like a cocaine dealer alot. I have a gold chain and a diamond ring on my index finger. Long curly hair that's usually put in a pony tail. And most of the time I have on a pair of black ray bans. Puerto Rican's have told me I look like one of them. So yeah when the cops see someone like me with a pistol especially a mac 11, they're gonna mess with me.

I can shoot it pretty good, I guess because I'm used to it. I never had a jam on it either. Anything past 25 feet yeah I can hit. I got this gun because the price was low. And it has a very very intimidating look. Imagine the look on a crooks face if I ever had to pull this out. But I carry a gun to protect myself from being robbed.

Now I regret ever posting in this thread....