Thread: Sellout: JPFO to be handed off to SAF unless we stop it

Exclamation Sellout: JPFO to be handed off to SAF unless we stop it

Please use the link to read the entire story. Even if you are a SAF supporter, this is wrong to the core.

From Claire Wolfe's blog:
    Sellout: JPFO to be handed off to SAF unless we stop it
    http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/C...ed-off-to-saf/
    Now, the JPFO board of directors has hatched a plan to hand JPFO over to SAF a merger that is scheduled to be finalized next week if JPFO supporters dont stop it.

At the end of this post, Im going to ask you to take action and give you contact information. But first let me tell you what little I know.

One of the things I know the biggest thing I know is that a viable plan exists to keep JPFO healthy and independent. And so far the board wont even acknowledge it.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Signed, thanks for the heads up.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    They have a good deal of info on their website:

http://jpfo.org/

I don't see what the big deal is .. SAF is a great organization...

Can someone please explain to me what the big deal is? All I've read is whining and emotional BS about keeping JP separate. If the business (it IS a business) can't make it then it either closes or merges.....THAT'S WHAT BUSINESSES DO.

So what is the issue other than some underlings don't want to merge.....underlings that may or may not have a CLUE as to the financial condition of the company or business in general.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

For anybody that has not figured it out, JPFO has historically taken a no-compromise stance and SAF compromised. JPFO hardliners thus see the merger as sleeping with the enemy. It seems everybody at JPFO (and their contributing writers) knew full well of the financial picture and were trying to find a resolution that did not involve merger with SAF.

SAF says JPFO will operate with no changes and no direct influence from SAF, with the exception that bills will be paid. JPFO and SAF said money sent to JPFO will stay with that organization and not be mingled with SAF, and that money from SAF to meet JPFO bugets will not have strings attached.

Time will tell if JPFO was sold down the river or not.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    For anybody that has not figured it out, JPFO has historically taken a no-compromise stance and SAF compromised. JPFO hardliners thus see the merger as sleeping with the enemy. It seems everybody at JPFO (and their contributing writers) knew full well of the financial picture and were trying to find a resolution that did not involve merger with SAF.

SAF says JPFO will operate with no changes and no direct influence from SAF, with the exception that bills will be paid. JPFO and SAF said money sent to JPFO will stay with that organization and not be mingled with SAF, and that money from SAF to meet JPFO bugets will not have strings attached.

Time will tell if JPFO was sold down the river or not.

stay safe.
    I wasn't aware that SAF compromises.....only that they pick and choose their battles.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    I wasn't aware that SAF compromises.....only that they pick and choose their battles.
    And then win them!

I am one of those confused about why some are so adamant about the merger. It's not like GOA suddenly agreed to be controlled by the NRA. JPFO and SAF are both on the bleeding edge. If there are any two groups who would both gain by merging, it would be these two.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    I apologize for a lack of clarity - it has been some JPFO supporters that claim SAF compromised.

Read the explanation of the hubris here: http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/C...ed-off-to-saf/

The only dog I have in this fight is a small monthly contribution to both groups. They will continue until I see that the fears of the JPFO crowd are being realized.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Second Amendment Foundation to begin destruction of JPFO

As good an obituary as any right here: http://bussjaeger.blog.com/2014/09/0...ction-of-jpfo/

Gottlieb, champion of unconstitutional preemptively-prove-your-innocence and self-described co-author of the widely despised and rejected Manchin-Toomey amendment, has officially announced the merger takeover of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.

Ironically, the press release actually mentions the moribund Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership and KeepAndBearArms.com (previously merged with taken over by SAF) as examples of how wonderfully JPFO will perform under the direction of a man that critics say was despised by JPFOs founder, Aaron Zelman. (I worked with Aaron; that experience leads me to believe that Claire Wolfes assessment of Aarons opinion is accurate and understated. Ive dealt with Gottlieb, and share the opinion.)

While I now expect JPFO to dry up and blow away living on only in billions of SAF/CCRKBA snailmail fundraising flyers Ill watch and hope for more. I will not spend a devalued zincky on JPFO unless I see it truly continuing Aarons legacy.

This is a sad day for human/civil rights.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I apologize for a lack of clarity - it has been some JPFO supporters that claim SAF compromised.

Read the explanation of the hubris here: http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/C...ed-off-to-saf/

The only dog I have in this fight is a small monthly contribution to both groups. They will continue until I see that the fears of the JPFO crowd are being realized.

stay safe.
    I don't doubt that SAF "compromises" or "prioritizes" their battles. I think its just a matter of resources. It looks like that the jewish organization will continue on as normal. If SAF starts to creep into their "territory" then the jewish organization is free to leave and reform.

Or other jews and others can form of new group.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I don't doubt that SAF "compromises" or "prioritizes" their battles. I think its just a matter of resources. It looks like that the jewish organization will continue on as normal. If SAF starts to creep into their "territory" then the jewish organization is free to leave and reform.

Or other jews and others can form of new group.
    Get with the program and read the words on the wall!

Gotlieb actually had a major hand in writing the Manchin-Toomey amendment - he claims it was to prevent it from being worse that it currently is.

JPFO declares that a compromise. Sleeping with the enemy, and all that.

They opposed it regardless of how little chance there was of it not becoming law.

JPFO has not (to my knowlege) come out against Gura for not going up in SCOTUS' face about leaving "sensitive places" in the Heller and McDonald decisions.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit