Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burns me up

Burns me up

This really burns me up...New Iberia, LA - a young man is in custody, handcuffed behind his back, in a police car...somehow produces a gun and shoots Himself in the back and dies later at the hospital...ruled accidental.

Autopsy shows a gunshot wound to the Chest only! Ruled a Suicide! Also shows lacerations and bruising to this face! All this happened while the guy was searched, handcuffed behind his back, in a police car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.vice.com/read/autopsy-con...-a-cop-car-666

Banned
    The worst kind of felons are the ones who wear badges and silly costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    The worst kind of felons are the ones who wear badges and silly costumes.
    Don't talk about firefighters that way.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

http://www.katc.com/news/autopsy-rep...hest-not-back/

Tried it, not the shooting part, the pointing part with index finger, nope, can't get the entry/exit trajectory.

...suicide......suicide...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

That's what happens when you strap a gun to your chest. The cope didn't pat his chest/ neck area and missed it. Then dummy in the back seat is fiddling around and bang gun goes off already against his chest.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    That's what happens when you strap a gun to your chest. The cope didn't pat his chest/ neck area and missed it. Then dummy in the back seat is fiddling around and bang gun goes off already against his chest.

Which James Bond movie was this?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Which James Bond movie was this?
    He had a golden gun... It wasn't tomorrow never dies... Cuz he died...

I once faked a suicide to escape this very scenario hundreds of years ago. Don't ask me how I did it though, I was on peyote and that was a past life.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

You know what burns my ass?

A little person, about the height just below my waist line with his hair on fire!

Then there's that overly spicy Thai food...after...not during.

Centurion

And JUST what is the bullet trajectory in your scenerio? how does this compare to a known lethal trajectory described in the specific incident previously referenced?

presence of gunpowder residue on the victims hands may help to answer this until then....
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 08-22-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Anyone LOCAL have an insight/information on this?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

First I have heard of it but will keep my eyes and ears open!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

This has got to be a joke. Right?

Right?
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Meanwhile, it seems there are a couple posts missing above.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post

Right?
    Why would that be a joke?

Heres some homework.... Google gang members (not just them but start there) using a belt and strapping a gun to their chest.

Why would they do that?

Because police miss that spot. They check pockets and belt line missing the very center of the chest.

Hate to admit its happened to guys I personally know. Have given rides to guys after patting them down (missing that spot) and then find out later the kid later admits he had a gun on him the whole time.

I was not aware of that. So, according to the police report, he shot himself in the back, while handcuffed. And according to the ME, he was shot in the chest.

I don't understand why the police department would hesitate to share information that exonerates their officers.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post

Right?
    Two words:

Vince Foster.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Heres some homework.... Google gang members (not just them but start there) using a belt and strapping a gun to their chest.

Why would they do that?

Because police miss that spot. They check pockets and belt line missing the very center of the chest.

Hate to admit its happened to guys I personally know. Have given rides to guys after patting them down (missing that spot) and then find out later the kid later admits he had a gun on him the whole time.

At best it is poor police work and worst it was murder by the cops. I was taught how to search someone and it covered patting down the chest, maybe they went to a more relaxed acadamy. Still something doesn't add up.....call Al Sharpton and Jesse quick.

Meanwhile, at the place of penance...

Why would they do that?

Are you saying, you don't send a cop to do a jailer's job?

I cannot remember a time when we didn't check an inmate's/safekeeper's/prisoner's chest. In the academy, during my time, it was taught like this: (I'm paraphrasing)

Stand behind the perp.

Spread that suckers legs, left to right. (preferably by using your jackboots!)

Make that sucker extend his arms, if your partner has his weapon out or if alone, or the perp is cuffed, start at the neck, and work your way down.

The thing was, you used the thumb's knuckle, if you wanted to be cordial, or just wander and grope, as needed, to check the perp's chest. Cause inside, more often than not, we found shivs, shanks, drugs, and other fun contraband strapped to chests, or wrapped somewhere in layers of t-shirts.

Like one day, we found a Raven Arms MP-25 buried deep, way down in the jungle deep, so deep, that he had to be taken to the prison surgical wing, and had a doctor cut his rectum open to dig that sucker out deep, and I had to be there... for reasons that escape me right now. Yuck.

I got off on a tangent, anyways, how do the police miss, what we (or formerly anyways) C/Os (and D/Os) know? Maybe because we specialize in stripping people down or searching persons at random for "goodies". Probably.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
    Are you saying, you don't send a cop to do a jailer's job?

I cannot remember a time when we didn't check an inmate's/safekeeper's/prisoner's chest. In the academy, during my time, it was taught like this: (I'm paraphrasing)

Stand behind the perp.

Spread that suckers legs, left to right. (preferably by using your jackboots!)

Make that sucker extend his arms, if your partner has his weapon out or if alone, or the perp is cuffed, start at the neck, and work your way down.

The thing was, you used the thumb's knuckle, if you wanted to be cordial, or just wander and grope, as needed, to check the perp's chest. Cause inside, more often than not, we found shivs, shanks, drugs, and other fun contraband strapped to chests, or wrapped somewhere in layers of t-shirts.

Like one day, we found a Raven Arms MP-25 buried deep, way down in the jungle deep, so deep, that he had to be taken to the prison surgical wing, and had a doctor cut his rectum open to dig that sucker out deep, and I had to be there... for reasons that escape me right now. Yuck.

I got off on a tangent, anyways, how do the police miss, what we (or formerly anyways) C/Os (and D/Os) know? Maybe because we specialize in stripping people down or searching persons at random for "goodies". Probably.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. It gets missed.

I try to stay out of orifices if possible.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    That's exactly what I'm saying. It gets missed.

I try to stay out of orifices if possible.

And don't ever think that "they" don't know that.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

It is nice to know that there are perfect workers out there please send them my way.

Mechanics that never forgot to tighten a nut, doctors who never cut in the wrong place, radio and TV personal who never messed up a broad cast, farmers who never stuck their hands into a corn picker.

Air line pilots who's mistakes kills hundreds at a time.

The list could go on forever of people who have made mistakes on a job.

Why does it happen because people are not perfect.

Those who expect any profession to be perfect do not have clasp on reality.

But doesn't mean that we can't expect them to do the best job they can.

But stuff happens.

When it comes to saving life's ones time would be much better spent going after mistakes made by medical personal. Who's mistakes kill thousands every year compared to law enforcement.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 08-26-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Don't talk about firefighters that way.
    Firefighting is a felony?
    Last edited by marshaul; 08-26-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    It is nice to know that there are perfect workers out there please send them my way.

Mechanics that never forgot to tighten a nut, doctors who never cut in the wrong place, radio and TV personal who never messed up a broad cast, farmers who never stuck their hands into a corn picker.

Air line pilots who's mistakes kills hundreds at a time.

The list could go on forever of people who have made mistakes on a job.

Why does it happen because people are not perfect.

Those who expect any profession to be perfect do not have clasp on reality.

But doesn't mean that we can't expect them to do the best job they can.

But stuff happens.

When it comes to saving life's ones time would be much better spent going after mistakes made by medical personal. Who's mistakes kill thousands every year compared to law enforcement.
    Good point, especially when doctors start driving around pulling folks over to do surgery on them against their will.

I get your point, it has been made many times here and by many members. If I could do just 1% of what a doctor could do I would likely have little interaction with them.

I likely could do most of what a cop does and yet I could be "consensually encountered" regardless of whether or not I request a cops services. Since the law is written the way it is I have little justifiable recourse to do their job except in the most dire of circumstances.

You don't want a doctor to kill you don't go to a doctor. Not sure how you can prevent a cop from coming to you if he really wants to and you really don't want him to.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Firefighting is a felony?
    I guess it depends on who started the fire and why the started the fire.

Waco anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast