• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burns me up

MurrayRothbard

This really burns me up...New Iberia, LA - a young man is in custody, handcuffed behind his back, in a police car...somehow produces a gun and shoots Himself in the back and dies later at the hospital...ruled accidental.

Autopsy shows a gunshot wound to the Chest only! Ruled a Suicide! Also shows lacerations and bruising to this face! All this happened while the guy was searched, handcuffed behind his back, in a police car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.vice.com/read/autopsy-co...te-iiis-shooting-in-the-back-of-a-cop-car-666

OC for ME

http://www.katc.com/news/autopsy-report-victor-white-iii-shot-in-the-chest-not-back/

Tried it, not the shooting part, the pointing part with index finger, nope, can't get the entry/exit trajectory.

...suicide...
36_5_4.gif
...suicide...

Primus

That's what happens when you strap a gun to your chest. The cope didn't pat his chest/ neck area and missed it. Then dummy in the back seat is fiddling around and bang gun goes off already against his chest.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
That's what happens when you strap a gun to your chest. The cope didn't pat his chest/ neck area and missed it. Then dummy in the back seat is fiddling around and bang gun goes off already against his chest.

Which James Bond movie was this?

The Truth

I once faked a suicide to escape this very scenario hundreds of years ago. Don't ask me how I did it though, I was on peyote and that was a past life.

Bernymac

You know what burns my ass?

A little person, about the height just below my waist line with his hair on fire! :eek:

Then there's that overly spicy Thai food...after...not during. :shocker:

JoeSparky

Centurion

And JUST what is the bullet trajectory in your scenerio? how does this compare to a known lethal trajectory described in the specific incident previously referenced?

presence of gunpowder residue on the victims hands may help to answer this until then....

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran

This has got to be a joke. Right?

Right?

Primus

This has got to be a joke. Right?

Right?

Why would that be a joke?

Heres some homework.... Google gang members (not just them but start there) using a belt and strapping a gun to their chest.

Why would they do that?

Because police miss that spot. They check pockets and belt line missing the very center of the chest.

Hate to admit its happened to guys I personally know. Have given rides to guys after patting them down (missing that spot) and then find out later the kid later admits he had a gun on him the whole time.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
I was not aware of that. So, according to the police report, he shot himself in the back, while handcuffed. And according to the ME, he was shot in the chest.

I don't understand why the police department would hesitate to share information that exonerates their officers.

DocWalker

Heres some homework.... Google gang members (not just them but start there) using a belt and strapping a gun to their chest.

Why would they do that?

Because police miss that spot. They check pockets and belt line missing the very center of the chest.

Hate to admit its happened to guys I personally know. Have given rides to guys after patting them down (missing that spot) and then find out later the kid later admits he had a gun on him the whole time.

At best it is poor police work and worst it was murder by the cops. I was taught how to search someone and it covered patting down the chest, maybe they went to a more relaxed acadamy. Still something doesn't add up.....call Al Sharpton and Jesse quick.

Custodian

Meanwhile, at the place of penance...

Why would they do that?

Are you saying, you don't send a cop to do a jailer's job?

I cannot remember a time when we didn't check an inmate's/safekeeper's/prisoner's chest. In the academy, during my time, it was taught like this: (I'm paraphrasing)

Stand behind the perp.

Spread that suckers legs, left to right. (preferably by using your jackboots!)

Make that sucker extend his arms, if your partner has his weapon out or if alone, or the perp is cuffed, start at the neck, and work your way down.

The thing was, you used the thumb's knuckle, if you wanted to be cordial, or just wander and grope, as needed, to check the perp's chest. Cause inside, more often than not, we found shivs, shanks, drugs, and other fun contraband strapped to chests, or wrapped somewhere in layers of t-shirts.

Like one day, we found a Raven Arms MP-25 buried deep, way down in the jungle deep, so deep, that he had to be taken to the prison surgical wing, and had a doctor cut his rectum open to dig that sucker out deep, and I had to be there... for reasons that escape me right now. Yuck.

I got off on a tangent, anyways, how do the police miss, what we (or formerly anyways) C/Os (and D/Os) know? Maybe because we specialize in stripping people down or searching persons at random for "goodies". Probably.

Primus

Are you saying, you don't send a cop to do a jailer's job?

I cannot remember a time when we didn't check an inmate's/safekeeper's/prisoner's chest. In the academy, during my time, it was taught like this: (I'm paraphrasing)

Stand behind the perp.

Spread that suckers legs, left to right. (preferably by using your jackboots!)

Make that sucker extend his arms, if your partner has his weapon out or if alone, or the perp is cuffed, start at the neck, and work your way down.

The thing was, you used the thumb's knuckle, if you wanted to be cordial, or just wander and grope, as needed, to check the perp's chest. Cause inside, more often than not, we found shivs, shanks, drugs, and other fun contraband strapped to chests, or wrapped somewhere in layers of t-shirts.

Like one day, we found a Raven Arms MP-25 buried deep, way down in the jungle deep, so deep, that he had to be taken to the prison surgical wing, and had a doctor cut his rectum open to dig that sucker out deep, and I had to be there... for reasons that escape me right now. Yuck.

I got off on a tangent, anyways, how do the police miss, what we (or formerly anyways) C/Os (and D/Os) know? Maybe because we specialize in stripping people down or searching persons at random for "goodies". Probably.

That's exactly what I'm saying. It gets missed.

I try to stay out of orifices if possible.